Alex Danila's Sketchbook
Last weeks studies and sketches

A bunch of cool sketches, but what catches my attention the most is how did you hide attachements in spoilers, man :D?

This week's work. I managed to do a better illustration from a life sketch i did.

I've started recently a Gesture Drawing course on Schoolism. It already improved my gestures vastly. I'm still learning. Here are some results i have made.  Sorry for the long post

Here are some Line of action practices i made:

and some doodles i practices the line of action on

Next, i focused on shape

And on silhouette readability

and finally some doodles

Thumbs Up 
Amazing improvement on your figures! Y'know, I should join that class someday, looks like fun!

Are there intense competition in the class or is it more lax and fun?

I'm doing the 15$ subscription self taught class, so I have no precise deadline and the only competitivity is with myself. You get the video and also all thw feedback 1on1 videos from the 1000$ plan students, so there is a lot of good stuff, you. Should do them

Hey alex, nice gesture practice and application in those last three images especially.

I responded to your question in my sketchbook, thought I would let you know.

I am also taking the gesture class subscription from schoolism right now. :D Your silhouettes look awesome! (Hopefully mine will look that good someday.) Really nice work! I can't wait to see your stuff from the next lesson!

That line of action and figure shape stuff looks really interesting dude.

In the past I've been mainly focussed on construction and detailed anatomy but I think I'm now starting to realise that my figures look better if I prioritise getting a natural gesture and silhouette.

Anyway - keep up the good work!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey!
very awesome gesture studies!
The ones you have been creating for the course lately are very lively!

I found the book Drawn to Life by Walt Stanchfield very helpful when it came to gestures and drawing. Just in case you're interested:
https://www.amazon.com/Drawn-Life-Classe...0240810961

Keep up the good work!
Really love your shape study! Looks great :D

love all those portrait and gesture studies. That gives the idea how study gesture works. That is some what I always struggle. Keep up the good work :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

More than one year has passed since I posted anything and I decided to give the Forum another shot. 

Since last year I have been doing some Schoolism courses and a lot of studies. I don't think I have grown that much.
I've missed this community so much.
I will post once a week from now on. Here are some works I did this past week.

I'm really liking these form/value/shading exercises! You've got a great method going.

Sketchbook

Here a simple tips to help you loosen try to grip the pencil in those position there are better suited for gesture drawing.The reason is you seem to be pressing really hard on the paper that a sign that you not capturing enought of the energy of the gesture you want accelerating curvy line

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(03-09-2018, 02:40 AM)Tygerson Wrote: I'm really liking these form/value/shading exercises!  You've got a great method going.
 Thanks. I'm actually doing Sam Nielson's Fundamentals of light on schoolism. Very helpful course!

(03-09-2018, 04:28 AM)darktiste Wrote: Here a simple tips to help you loosen try to grip the pencil in those position there are better suited for gesture drawing.The reason is you seem to be pressing really hard on the paper that a sign that you not capturing enought of the energy of the gesture you want accelerating curvy line

I found this very helpful, thanks!

Here is an assignment I did for schoolism, and also some 2 characters I am working on. 

Use the gesture grip to draw oval without effort and try to change the angle of the pencil to create a smooth shading.Try this simple exercise to train you hand eye coordination start with a sphere and try to shade it using not the end of the pencil but the side of the lead.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Some more sketches and practices, illustration etc.

trying to repaint older sketch