Here we go!
Hello!

I was so excited when I found this place that I didn't do nearly enough stalking and investigating, but even without that carnal knowledge, I'm fairly confident this is where I'm supposed to be right now... so if I get anything drastically wrong, berate me. I can take it.

By day, I'm a 32 year old lady from Colorado who jams to hardcore metal music and works damn hard at her job. By night, I'm asleep... because of the aforementioned daytime activities and age power-combo. I used to be a horribly depressed hermit, which was great fuel for my artistic passion, but once I discovered that's not a fun way to be, I sort of lost focus on my greatest passion. My excuses? Oh, I'm not good enough. I don't have time. I don't have the right tools. ALL BLATANT LIES. I just forgot how to be passionate about it, I think. The last time I was really passionate about art was when I was a member of a forum where everyone told me very bluntly why I was bad at it and showed me how they'd do it differently. So here I am, not really knowing what Im doing because I wanted to jump in head first so I didn't talk myself out of it.

I used the word passion a lot just now. 

Tell me all your hopes and dreams, my new special friends.
Quote:so if I get anything drastically wrong, berate me. I can take it.

'Don't be a dick' is the only rule this forum upholds. I think you'd be denied of any beratement.

Quote: I just forgot how to be passionate about it, I think.

Sounds like passion isn't quite a reliable fuel source to pump out work, as you may have experienced. What I propose is discipline. It's easy for anyone to get to work when he or she feels passionate about something at a certain time. It's not as easy when one doesn't feel like it. This is where discipline will pull you through.

One way you can form discipline is to create goals and commit to them. CD's very own Amit made a video about that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7wJoRo5MdE.

Commit to a plan! Make a sketchbook thread! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Heheh welcome to Crimson Daggers Xeul, cool intro!

Please jump right in and start up a sketchbook thread.  Allow us to help you fuel your passion!

That's an interesting point, how do we kindle a passion for art?  I think our friend John has hit the nail on the head - discipline.  For me it is an upward spiral, discipline kindles passion which in turn fuels our discipline and so we spiral up another level - that's my theory so far anyway :). 

My hopes and dreams?  My dream is to continue falling in love with drawing and painting and one day to have a webcomic up and running :).

How about you?

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I was going to say I hope coffee rains down from the sky, but right now I'm just dreaming of figuring out how to get my images uploaded. I tried attaching them to no avail, and image-hosting is worse than I remembered.
OK I hope coffee rains from the sky for you :).

As for attachments, try checking out this thread:

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8...ttachments

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook