What happened to conceptart.org?
Site has been down for several months at least now. In the past it would have some database issues and could be down for several weeks at a time but would always come back. Now its looking like the site is finally no more. What happened? I searched google and couldn't find any official statements.

If this is it, maybe its for the best. The site was a mere shadow of what it once was many years ago.
(01-13-2020, 02:16 AM)bluehabit Wrote: Site has been down for several months at least now. In the past it would have some database issues and could be down for several weeks at a time but would always come back. Now its looking like the site is finally no more. What happened? I searched google and couldn't find any official statements.

If this is, maybe its for the best. The site was a mere shadow of what it once was many years ago.
I've been wondering the same thing. I wish there would be some statement about it somewhere. 
From what I can gather, the owner of the site was paying the bills on it, but not really maintaining it, or active in it. For a while it got shut down one or two days a week, and then I guess he just decided not to pay for it anymore at all. I agree though, it wasn't really worth keeping up anymore, however it was nice to be able to read old threads and things. It's a shame that's completely gone.

Theres a thread about this just a few inches down :)

Short story: Forums are a relic of the past, and very few people bother using it nowadays. It's just a money drain on the guy who owns it.

If you want forums like CD to last and prosper, then its your responsibility to be an active member and actually make good posts here. I have decided to make an effort to do this, because frankly, I just dont find the same value in stuff like discord chats, and social media tends to favor those allready popular IMO.

Yep Crimson Daggers has been instrumental in my art journey and I intend to be a die-hard supporter for as long as I can.

Also if people feel like this forum has helped them in anyway and have a debt of gratitude towards it and they have some spare cash they could always donate to Crimson Daggers using the Pay Pal link on the top left. Dennis supports this site out of his own pocket and I don't think it's cheap!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I think he said its 400 euros every year, so yeah, every little bit probably helps. If you got some art friends, make sure to promote this forum every now and then.