one_two's sketchbook
JosephCow, thanks mate, here's some more :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I really enjoy your recent studies and how your rendering skills become more refined and precise with each piece. You are growing at an amazing rate!

Keep up the great work! :)
(04-02-2021, 07:59 AM)one_two Wrote: JosephCow, thanks mate, here's some more :)

So pretty!  Shock

Kaiko, JosephCow, thanks for kind words guys. Felt like doing one more.

Attached Files Image(s)

That one massive tree or it just me?I think there some problem with scale readability here.The size of the road to tree ratio seem to suggest that i am just not sure if that the intention so just wanna bring this up in case.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
darktiste, yes, it's a tree

want to paint landscapes these days, for some reason

Attached Files Image(s)

yoooo that first painting????!??!?!?!?

broooooo

ok wait im new to forums i didn't realize that was a while ago LOL. These landscapes are beautiful, I love your brushwork it's so effortless, thank you for sharing :")

You have some great stuff here , I love the colours in the landscape that's at the top of this page

thanks, guys

Attached Files Image(s)

Very interesting brush strokes! I can really dig your style.

Also can relate a lot to the discussion that happened earlier in the thread. Out of curiosity, in the beginning of the thread you said something along the lines of maybe landing a job with art, are you still considering that? If so, what kind of job do you see yourself doing and how do you reconcile it with drawing for art's sake? Genuinely interested in how you're currently trying to navigate all this.
(04-18-2021, 11:48 AM)Eny Wrote: Very interesting brush strokes! I can really dig your style.

Also can relate a lot to the discussion that happened earlier in the thread. Out of curiosity, in the beginning of the thread you said something along the lines of maybe landing a job with art, are you still considering that? If so, what kind of job do you see yourself doing and how do you reconcile it with drawing for art's sake? Genuinely interested in how you're currently trying to navigate all this.
Thanks, mate!  Hm, do i consider landing a job sometime in the future? If things go well artwise, for sure. I'm not sure i'll be a good fit for some gamedev studio, even for a junior, since i don't have any actual experience in the field. Last time i checked LinkedIn for open positions it was at least 40-50 candidates on a role (2d concept-art). Usually the competition is even bigger, especially for non-casual game dev studios. Bearing that in mind and knowing that the " conceptart market" is really oversaturated nowadays I don't think i'll land anything worthwhile. I also don't have any contacts in the industry. Many people find jobs just by being friends with somebody or being a relative to somebody. Probably it would be easier to land a job in mobile games, but i don't think i am up for that either. To answer your question I'd probably do some illustrative work, because it encapsulates everything that i'm interested in (painting, color, mood, perspective, anatomy, design e.t.c). It's like all in one. Maybe i can try myself at card games (card illustrations, or books).  See, the point is that at the end of the day a job is a job. Sometimes it goes in hand with your interests and the rest of time you are working (not necessarily for art's sake) for a paycheck. For now art is fun, trying to get better, exploration. It might be different with an art job, might not. I can only now if I try.

did a speedpainting a while ago

Attached Files Image(s)

todays sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Great stuff! I like your recent landscape studies. Good use of brushes.

Keep it up :)
I love your landscape paintings and I love your figures as well. I don't have anything useful to say, I'll just subscribe to the thread and bask in the delicious brush work and neat lines, don't mind me here. Lol

Farvus, dimensional-knight, thanks for kind words, guys!

Todays sketch dump, decided to post some pen drawings as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

found a really nice website for figure drawing practice with a pretty big ref bank
line-of-action.com
some pen sketches this time

Attached Files Image(s)

Your nude seem to be on a good level maybe you should add a little bit more of those clothed figure.I am wondering how are you hand construction doing if you feel ok wih your hand try to draw hand holding object or you can challenge yourself by drawing foreshorten hand.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
darktiste, thanks, will try it mate

Attached Files Image(s)

some speedpantings from last days and a WIP

Attached Files Image(s)