Sula's Sketchbook
Strong drawings as usual, nice work. I have a hunch that your next personal piece will be a blast

@iCi: Thanks man :D I hope so too hehe

Speaking of the next piece, here are some abstractions that will hopefully lead to it.
This are fun to do, but sure can get exhausting at the end.

[Image: Gohma-01.jpg]

It begins!

[Image: Gohma-02.jpg]

Oooooh, that is sooo hottt. All your thumbs are lookin sweet too.
Woot, thanks Dennis :D

So, fixing composition, work on the other elements that will make into the painting, fixing the acting and all that. I want to really nail down the sketch so the painting part can be very smooth :)

[Image: Gohma-03.jpg]

It's gonna look sick, can't wait to see it painted!

Great fix! Only thing I would watch out for is the tangent of the hand on the tree. Lookin sweet, though!
Wow, you've really improved since last time I visited. Great pencils. I like the last sketch, very dynamic. Keep it up!

I liked one of your sketches, so I let myself do a quick render as a morning practise. I hope you don't mind.

[Image: forsula.jpg]

----
Actualy this might look better:

[Image: forsulab.jpg]

Woot :D Thanks guys! Haha kind of becoming scared of screwing up this one. Going to take my sweet time with it.

@Piotr: ooh very nice :D Glad you liked it that much! I love your colors man, if you want to refine it, go ahead!

And here, first attempt at colors. More worried about values than the colors itself - not sure if its working yet. Feedback please? <3

[Image: Gohma-04.jpg]

I cant wait to see the textures you add to this

Looks really good Sula, as for feedback.

I assume the light on his leg and the tree are from his eye? If that is the case shouldn't it come up higher on the tree, closer to where he is gripping it? Maybe on the tip of his middle pincers, depending how far they actually come forward.

Ahhh, the memories!

I fucking love that Zelda game!

Can't wait to see that one finished!

Yay! Thanks guys <3

@Atrenr: yup it should, thanks! There is still a lot of refining to do, but that was a good catch! Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it!

Are you guys bored of this yet? :P I am not.
[Image: Gohma-05.jpg]

Still need a lot of work specially on the floor; I need to make it sit down on the grid and have roots above it, not this weird angle I have going on right now.

(10-16-2012, 02:00 PM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: @Piotr: ooh very nice :D Glad you liked it that much! I love your colors man, if you want to refine it, go ahead!
Thanks Ursula :) I'm happy you like it. I may refine it in a future but no promisies.

I don't know much about zelda, so just an ignorant question - what is this monster made of? Is this metal or some "monstery" skin, or like a bug chitin?

I really like the zelda piece, it has a lot of depth! The only problem that I have with it is that the tree does not look like wood, but more like clay. You should add some texture. Oh and some leaves/moss would also look pretty cool I think.

cant wait to see this zelda piece finished! and id say to up the contrast a bit on the focal point
woot :D thanks for the feedback guys!

@Piotr: I think I am going bug chitin on this one. Queen Gohma is just called Parasite Queen, and she climb walls much like a spider do. So I don't know if I will have her hard and glossy, or a bit hairy. The original concept art does not really help, neither does the screens from the game! haha

@Kamiru: Yup. I treat texture as a second-to-last step, just before the "VFX" and adjustments. Don't worry, it will be there though :)

@Ben: Thanks man! Yeah, I was working on contrast this last pass. Hopefully it is building up!

And a bit of work I did today:
[Image: Gohma-06.jpg]

Haha you guys are giving me real trouble staying on the first page :D It's so awesome to see the forums to alive!

Ursula and your newest piece <33333

Like how your piece is coming along Ursula, now all you need is Link's face and make that eyeball shiny with a nice specular

Thanks guys :D
There are still a lot of small stuff I am tweaking... it is moving forward though! I want more time to work on this!!~~

[Image: Gohma-07.jpg]