Sula's Sketchbook
Lookin good, go go go :) !

dammit ursula, where's boobie final? give it to the people c'mon!

I love your studies!! gave me so much ideas! thank you Sula!
Ah yes! Loving the colors! Do it!

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Thanks for the support guys <3 And dont worry haha, the boobies are coming!
Trying to nail down a strong value scheme 1st :)

I have been in real trouble with time this days, lots to do for the holidays, so ugh, bear with me.
Here is an update:
[Image: Satyr-Color-05.jpg]

The environment is looking awesome, Sula! I love iiiiit, keep going! (after the holidays of course!)

Nice, you might wanna pull the closest one closer (value-wise, contrast, especially the bO.Obies :P )

@Atrenr: Thanks :D Haha I will, actually very excited to go back and work on it xD
@iCi: yup, nice idea! It's already in there, but too soon to publish another update on it xD Thanks!

Here, quick "hoho Merry Christmas and Happy new year everyone!" update and sketches I did with the family was not looking:
[Image: SB-152.jpg]
[Image: SB-153.jpg]
[Image: SB-154.jpg]
[Image: SB-155.jpg]
[Image: SB-156.jpg]
[Image: SB-157.jpg]

Ok, I am a terrible family member, and I am stuck with this puzzle this last days and can't let go of it.
I am really trying to get take fuzziness away from my paintings. So I worked the way I use to work on the left one, and tried to work with masks on the right one. This was traced over one of the Darksiders 2 promotional images, so the lines are not mine, only the colors.

So, something stupid I know about: get rid of the white first. Look at that damn stupid washed out colors on the left one hahah! And seems you don't need to overdo with masks either. Not everything needs to be masked out.
I still think there is a big chance of this image going out of control with a mad amount of layers very quickly. However, after the buld of the modelling is done, I don't see why I wouldn't flat this and work the finer details just above the image. Seems you will only need the masks to do the bulk of the light of the image anyway, need to further test that. I'd hate to have to redo masks.

Also, I can't draw beefy dudes. :(

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-26.jpg]

Oh I am having so much fun with pencils that I am having trouble focusing on my portfolio piece :< I need to finish that thing...

Also, they got me a huge graphite stick for christmas haha there is graphite everywhere and this thing is awesome xD

[Image: SB-158.jpg]
[Image: SB-159.jpg]
[Image: SB-160.jpg]
[Image: SB-161.jpg]

Feeling sort of stuck with it, so heck, posting stuff for feedback seems to always helps :)

[Image: Satyr-Color-06.jpg]

I would say flesh out the ribbons a bit they seem very static at the moment like adding more folds apart from that I cant really find any other things to critique with this maybe paint over some of the lines and such but its quite good keep up the hard work :)

your drawings are seriously flawless.
Lovely pencils as always - and I know this is sort of a pointless critique since it's about a sketch, but the upper hand on the very last pencil drawing seems kind of oversized to me (it looks like it's close to the same size as the one on the bottom, which is seemingly much closer to the viewer).

The hair on the Loki horn girl is exquisite... so many things to envy. Keep it up!

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
@jackjones: Thanks! :D will do!
@natzetta: yay, thank you <3
@Pierce: haha yeah, her whole arm is enormous - I guess a side effect from drawing Joe Mad inspired stuff? I laughed at it xD And thank you! I was actually focusing on the overlap on that one, I think it worked well :)

And well, here.
I finally have enough lights to make this fun enough. Going to start the studies with colored light haha xD
Side note: i am getting more and more displeased with my painting skills. That will definitely the focus for 2013. If in 2012 I managed to somehwhat fix my drawing skills by doing it everyday, I hope I can do the same for my painting/color by doing a painting a day. The initial plan is to do life drawing, photo study and self portraits. I can keep pushing the drawing bits in between!

[Image: Life-painting-05.jpg]

And fear the setup for this hahah xD
[Image: Life-painting-05a.jpg]

Woah dude, your work has gotten so much raderer since last I looked in. I love the long haired mask guy! (Sterr fighter Vega?) Keep it up! :-)

@Spraya: yay, thanks! Will try :D Hopefully 2013 will be productive too <3

I remember Hannes saying/posting his color studies using only a hard brush with no opacity changes whatsoever.

Shit is hard. He warned at the time, but hey. Now I feel like making it work - but more interested in eating the cherries atm. My brain hurts. Also, orange bowl with blue light, took a while to get a somewhat tone there. That, and I have a terrible sense of color in shadow.
[Image: Life-painting-06.jpg]

The cherrystudy looks great. Hmm and very yummie :-)
@Annamoon: thanks :D

Today's
Tried to apply all the tips from Isra's class, and also Sickbrush's painting with lasso tool.
Need to do a lot more of these...
[Image: Life-painting-07.jpg]

That latest study looks sick! 0.0
Gratz Ursual on being such a badass during 2012 and filling this thread with loads of cool stuff and being an awesome person in this community, its been great watching your progress and i look forward to seeing more of it through 2013.