BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters!
upppppdate

couple of studies
[Image: faaaaaace2_zps4cbabe94.jpg]

[Image: metalhelmet25th_zpsd5ae33aa.jpg]

wip, should probably do something more adventures with the lighting. nevermind :p
[Image: wip2_zpsc7cbc246.jpg]

changed the proportions on the wereboar a little bit. and started working on this chestplate for the humanoid form.

[Image: wereboar_zps224b56b4.jpg]

[Image: boarchestplate_zps522ecc46.jpg]
ninja/Aladdin pants studies! baaaaaaaah I suck at drapery! Design coming up next!
[Image: tumblr_mkc4k9SHio1rlavnuo1_1280.jpg]

You guys rock!
Here's a comp for my dude's human form.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
Hello every one :) I'm a newbie here for the first time. Just couldn't miss miss out on this awesome workout. I see a lot of crazy talented people here so i hope i fit in.

Any how i chose the mighty rhino for my animal. Here are my refs and a couple of studies. Also i started working on the human form of the char... anatomically dreadful i know. My idea was that it should reflect the animal he turns in to so he is a bit wide in the belly area but a mighty warrior no less. Also i wanted to capture his good nature in his rugged face (again reflecting on the rhino) .. He will have three little birds ass his best friends (like those that clean the rhino) :D

[Image: allrefs.jpg]

[Image: sketches.jpg]

[Image: character.jpg]
My WIP:

Here's my line work so far.

[attachment=18457]

Edit : same image with some values added

[attachment=18562]
Great workflow everyone! I'm really enjoying all the progress!

I'm gonna be with no computer for 4 days now.. gonna work on some pencils - but nothing Bloodsports related. So, this is what I got so far:

2 enviro studies

[Image: 27_03_13_russia_color_study_by_mateusrocha-d5zib5u.jpg]

[Image: 26_03_13_snow_landscape_study_by_mateusr...5zib6v.jpg]

an expression study

[Image: 27_03_13_face_study_by_mateusrocha-d5zib62.jpg]

and here's my first card WIP

[Image: 27_03_13_armor_concept_03_wip_07_by_mate...5zib6j.jpg]

(: Keep on working everybody! See ya.

Oh damn I'm falling behind haha. Today I tried out some more animal like silhouettes but I couldn't get anything interesting, so I thought it would be cooler to go back to the werefox thingy going on the first set of silhs. Too bad I wasted most of my day struggling with these more realistic fox designs, took me waaay too long!

So I just busted out few designs and lines for the werefox, still 2 human designs missing, for they will be a trio kinda. Tomorrow I'll wrap the designs up and start the comps hopefuly.

Still trying to figure out how to save time and do something cool for both ilustrations, what are you guys thoughts on this?? cyaa

lines for the characters

crap. XD

(03-28-2013, 03:26 PM)Victor Quaresma Wrote: Still trying to figure out how to save time and do something cool for both ilustrations, what are you guys thoughts on this??

I think Simon said it best, pull a Feng Zhu and work on both at the same time, that way both are at the same level of finish when you're done and you don't get fatigued looking at the same crap over and over :) I should take a feather out of his cap...cuz I'm all about the dude and not the creature right now :/
Love your fox ilnes btw great stuff

Ugh bad couple of days. Added some half assed full body armour concepts, not even finished, and some comp thumbs that I'm pretty sure only I can decipher. But it is what it is. I think I'm just gonna launch in and see what happens. Too much design stuff hurts my brains.

Rearranged the images to show from most recent to oldest going down.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
A little update on the illustrations. Thought that the spikes would be a big chore to render out but I'm having fun painting them! Chose two completely diffrent perspectives for both pieces, not sure if it's good or bad yet. But I wanted to make it look less aggressive by having a higher shot, atleast for the beast.
A lot of great designs going on guys!

Everyone is so pumped!!! I am really falling in love with this Crimson Daggers group!!!
Here are some studies (Didn't do any rendering studies because I have bigger problem with figure and anatomy). Also thumbnails, a lighting thumbnail (which I discovered is really helpful). and the final WIP.

[Image: figure-study.jpg]
[Image: anatomy-study.jpg]
[Image: thumbnails-14.jpg]
[Image: lighting-thumbnail.jpg]
[Image: 04-14.jpg]

Another study for a lady face and leather and developing more an idea.

[Image: amy_lee_by_bethbh-d5zk995.jpg]
[Image: leather_by_bethbh-d5zk98t.jpg]
[Image: jakdaw_wip03_by_bethbh-d5zk990.jpg]

done some designs and trying to finalize things, moved on to my final comp, and still coming for the 2nd half of the illustration, i want to get my colour scheme and final drawing done today

Sacrifice <-> Success
PATIENCE
Progress and a study for armour and stuff, observational colours and values.
Way too much detail way too early, and I'm not sure at all about the beast mode yet.

"It's necessary to act against yourself or nothing will happen." -Phil Hale
Sketchbook|Go Team!
'Mighty warriors of a lost age, whose skills in the arcane arts granted them the ability to shift their forms into those of powerful monsters! Whether bound in the armor of their spirit creatures, or transformed into them through their rage, all who face them fear the...

Haha, one more week to make this happen! Really cool work from everyone, so many designs I would never have been able to imagine!
I'm in the beautiful land of rendering :-) Gonna do some photo studies or something to ensure that I qualify for the challenge and also adress the lack of texture in my stuff.

Progress so far; alternating working between two images feels pretty good

test....

Hey guys great work! really motivating!

I made some thumbnales of the human figure, im going for an african,

let me know which one you like! i myself like the left bottom the most!

[Image: compositions.jpg]

Sorry I haven't been posting stuff. Here's my fleshed-out concept for my warrior! More soon.

Sweet logo Simonarpalmer!

Made some more ideas for the armor...and some composition sketches.