Study or it'll be muddy! Andromonoid's sketchbook
Bug 
Hi everyone! Just joined!

My story is about an 24 year old Swedish biologist (therefor the bug icon!) who some years ago realized he wanted to become an artist more than anything. Therefor I must improve! Draw draw draw! :D Preferably every day as well as many hours as possible!

Here is my first batch of studies from some days ago till today! Hands and arms mainly! I won't lie, I used some Bargue, Loomis, Hogarth, Bammes, some photos - but also tried to do as many as possible from memory. Critique and comments very much welcomed! :)

Welcome Andromonoid! Nice lines in your studies, this is all pretty good work! Seems like you know what to do, just keep going! Really pound those proportions into your head with drawings from imagination. The biggest problems I noticed were your eyes are a little too big and you drew one forearm that's about twice the size it should be.
Keep killing it!
Thank you Vertical and thanks for the critique! :) I worked on some head studies today after what you said about the eyes and also drawed I dunno a Mickey Mouse Trooper. Eyes still a bit big I see now, must continue working on studies for that. Didn't get much done today, but tomorrow is another day!

Todays and yesterdays studies: still-life, memory and from photo. :)

I haven't posted anything for a month, but I have still been working my drawing muscles! Although I will have to cut down on studying art for a while since I am doing my graduation project in biology for my university, so yay. :)

Here's one thing I did recently though, I think I gotten faster at finishing pieces nowadays, since I practiced that consciously for a while now.

Some new stuff! Won't be having much time for drawing nowadays though, but hopefully I will crank out some now and then.

Woooo, excellent studies my friend! One suggestion for your imagination work is to keep your linework around for a bit. Like the bugman with the rifle is a good example, your line work on that is awesome, but you lost a lot of the edges and anatomy due to probably coloring over the lines. Might be better to keep the line work on a multiply layer so that you can keep the awesome line work and still have color. You can also eventually lose the lines by turning the opacity down, but only once you're at a point where the lines make little contribution to the image. Anyway great work man keep it comin!
Been a while since I posted here wow. Sorry for late (superlate!) reply, Dennis. I m kind of going into the direction that I want to do without sketches and lineart and all that liney stuff - so I tend to many times nowadays sketch in pure colors and form, and maybe then sometimes put a sketch on that which I slowly paint away and into the painting, saves time.

I hardly draw nowadays, school stuff going on, but here is a thing I cranked out in 2 hours at least! Needs better speculars though...

[Image: tumblr_mjh286xkHW1rt1xsno1_1280.jpg]
Update! More studies!

[Image: tumblr_mn9cdebEzS1rt1xsno1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mog5a9c3Tg1rt1xsno1_1280.jpg]
Some doodles!

[Image: tumblr_mp6c2caA2u1rt1xsno1_1280.jpg]
last ones are looking great! Also love your colors;) Yea...i know its hard with school and all that but its great to find time for digital stuff and study;)

Freelancer available for new commissions
---------
PORTFOLIO: http://www.LexPaul.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/llexpaul
Deviant art: http://alexandrescupaul.deviantart.com/
CrimsonD: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3360.html
Thanks Lex_paul! I very much appriciate it. :D Hehehe yeah, it is glorious time when you finally get the time for it.

Here is something new for today!

This is the Salticid light-weight exoskeleton armored suit. It is mainly worn by assault squads, the strengthened legs allow for fast mobility as well as for jumping several meters up into the air to catch the foe off guard or as a mean to escape. Both hands are free and mobile and can use multiple types of hand-carried weapons, an extra set of lower arms are incorporated into the design to allow grappling and climbing when jumping as well as formidable close-quarter-combat weapons. The head is armed with a small pair of lasers capable of penetrating thick armor plating and melt flesh.

In this design I tried to incorporate a spider-ish design, mainly inspired by the jumping spiders and Metal Gear Solid. I wanted to create something that could resemble a finished piece of concept-art that came from a game studio. Been working on this for like +10 hours, I hope you like it. :)

[Image: tumblr_mpe986jQgl1rt1xsno1_1280.jpg]
Oh wow! Such cool alien studies! Really like that last one--super fluid stance, and such spidery menace. The bifurcated forearms are really cool too--the hands for shooting and fine motors skill work, but claws for attack. Cool!

Sketchbook

Myyyyy goodness, your sketchbook is fantastiiiiiiiic! And you've definitely improved a lot since post 1!
Absolutely love those alien sketches & design above! So clean and well thought-out.
Fantastic, believable designs - keep it up!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Tygerson - Thanks a lot! :) I'm really glad you like the designs, I redesigned the bifurcated (hehe I learned a new word) forearms so that the lower pair can be rotated backwards when not in use in order to not be in the way.

smrrfette - Hehehe big thanks for your compliments, smrrfette! :D I will definetly keep it up, at this point it feelsl ike nothing can stop me hehe.

I got some great critique on the Powered Exoskeleton by two members here, TypicalEdvard and Madzia, and reworked the posing, took away distracting elements as the helmet and rendered it further. :)

Also, does anyone know what codes to use to make my signatures more like how smrrfette's is? I have googled around but I feel none the wiser. Thanks in advance!