Danger Zone
Oh man,.. you have such a strong ability of painting!
I sadly can´t give you critique/tipps, just keep up the good work!

Really like the Night Elf in the previous page. Especially the color/lighting so far.

Also enjoying looking at your thumbnail value and composition studies. I really should try them.

The forsaken wizard is coming along nicely, really love the change from the initial sketch. The new foreground tombstones are just as effective as the initial sketches, and the trees are a great addition. And I really like the improvement on the shadowy figures in the background.

@Sir-lex Thank you very much :)

@Pictomancer Thank you thank you, the undead one might take a while still heh.

What! No anatomy studies today? Skipping a day! Took some time to finish this one and in the end I felt it came out subpar, I should've done it in color, now I'm not such a fan of b&w anymore, oh well.

[Image: HQkWDvb.png]

Looking great as always! Those checkerboard pants <3 Although I can't help but notice that the poor lady (not even speaking of the danger of piercing her uterus with the top, design wise, since that's just a stylistic choice) seems to have a sunburn on her boobs - the face is a lot more in the grey/orange direction than the reddish chest area. While both colors are fine in itself the contrast looks a bit weird to me. And a design thing (sorry for nitpicking), at first I was a bit irritated by her back-of-the-hand weapon - she is gripping the other one firmly with her hand, so I assumed both work the same way, but I can't see a handle. Or maybe it's just stylized. Anyway, thought I'd mention it - as a whole she's very successful as always! :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Sweet man, sweet. I really like the stuff as always. I really think you're getting better every day, but to be honest I liked the elf one better. So you're portuguese? Just curious hehe, I myself am from Spain, but I'm currently at Panama so yeah :P

I have just a couple crits to add to Lyraina, although they come late cause at this stage reworking what I'm gonna say is a pain.

Basically the left hand seems a bit to big compared to the rest of the body, and the face structure is a bit awkward ( still way better than any of my faces lol) I think it's basically the curve of the nose and the overlaping of the brow and the eye ( her left side overlaps while the right one doesn't at all yet the eyebrows seem to have the same inclination). and a really minor thing:the scarf is too hard edged andyou forgot to color the left shoulder spike that points to the boob ( one is dark grey and the other one is reddish).

Overall, nice stuff man :D

Still, it's nit

SB
Awesome awesome awesome! Although, I actually think I like the version with the tree better, or maybe some clouds would have filled the space also. Going to piggyback off of Lyra and Suira, and also add that the face is a little oddly desaturated. I think it's maybe the stark contrast with her boobiez which are uber saturated. Keep going with your beast mode, you beast!

FUK ALL DESE CRITS MAN I'D BANG HER TILL IT HERT!!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
goddamn youre awesome.
@Lyraina & Suira & pnate Thank you so much for the crits, I do agree with them, the colors were really half assed as I had some fatigue from drawing it on a long period. Don't take it on the bad side because I'm not going to touch that one again as it is not going to my portfolio or anything. I'm on a mindset that I should do something as I would be making some commission work and I need to finish it as fast as I can without losing too much quality, if the errors I leave are just on a nit-picking level I'm quite happy!
I'll definitely take the crits for future pieces though!

@Fedodika Lol! She might be a hard one to get!

@nastobi123 Haha thank you very much :)

I was planning to take the day off but I just couldn't resist, I should at least make some quick gestures and ended up doing more, lol.
Feeling like I'm comfortable with my gestures so I'm trying to veer into a more stylized anatomy, so you'll probably see some weird shit in the future.
Had an idea that I shared on nate's stream of taking some master painting and doing my twist on them, also finalizing on my rendering style. Trying to make some sortof a mage based off waterhouse painting I studied a few pages back. It probably has been done before but it might be fun.
And some goblin sappers that might finish soon. :)
[Image: bcKMb9K.png]
[Image: JJvDfSm.png?1]
[Image: Zmuaesr.png]

Man, I am coming in your sketchbook almost every day, and every time I impressed of your values, how good and right you showing the form. Don't know what to crit now, but I'll come tommorow and wait)

This woman who buffes herself ice shield, looks very close to Waterhouse painting, did you want this effect?

Ah don't worry about implementing critiques, unless someone asks for feedback on a WIP I think critiques are mostly just for "so that you can keep it in mind for next time".
Btw, I'm so impressed by your anatomy sketches, the proportions and lines are just spot on D: Whenever I try to do my sketches digital the lines just don't go where I want them. I guess that comes with practice? Looing forward to however you're going to stylize them.

From the amount of nice stuff you're posting, I get a feeling that your days are longer than mine :P Keep it up!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Oh don't worry about the crits, it was obvious you weren't gonna go and revert it back to the begining to fix such minor issues, but I always find that every crit is great to remember things we're not aware about in the next piece :D

I so wanna see the new stylised gestures man! I bet they're gonna be too awesome to be true.

The mage setup looks awesome too , the only thing I can think of is the correlation with the background. It's a very outright profile and it might be hard to integrate with such a high horizon line, maybe making a more graphical background would help or have her inside a dark cave or whatever to pop the light of the spell, I don't know haha.

The other crit I find can help is about the goblin on the right, the gesture is too stiff and the inclination of the shoulders doesn't give a hint of the weight he's carrying on the back.

I made a really sloppy drawing to illustrate my point, of course it's just to express the foreshortening I feel it needs, the proportions you have and everything else looks GREAT. That one's gonna make for a really nice painting man :D

[Image: critforrafa.jpg]

Hope it helps man, and thanks for the cool gifs! I didn't know they existed, so awesome.

SB
@Nikt Thank you, and yep, mentioned it on the post. :)

@Lyraina Thank you again, and I still wish the days were longer, need more time!

@Suira Nice catch man, I didn't think of that when sketching it, although I think what you illustrated isn't hunched enough, I tried the pose myself getting my feet on my chair and the head "merges" with the torso and the torso nearly disappears, after doing the pose it prompted me to readjust the arm and I'm happier the way it is now, thanks!
Oh and I'm adding a link to the Waterhouse painting I'm basing the mage off, I don't want to veer it too far from the original, supposed to be a Waterhouse painting setting on the warcraft universe,lol.

Some more stuff! Anatomies, thumbs, going forward on my waterhouse blasphemy. (I still don't like the cloth on her torso, feels like she has 3 miles of it, I'll shorten it tomorrow)(it is based on this painting) http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-...rhouse.jpg
Also starting the undead mage for realz, this one is going to be a full painting so taking it slow so I don't get frustated with it, tweaking the colors and values, but it'll most likely change alot until the end.
Also started the painting on the sappers, but I wish I had more time!

[Image: B623xi6.png]
[Image: 2UYX4qX.png]
[Image: UHtefPg.png]
[Image: cjl3Nab.png]
[Image: G8oPcqp.png]

Forgot to mention to my fellow warcraftian sympathizers: I started doing my painting/sketches while listening to this and it made me feel I was questing, lol.

Dem sexy goblins! I love the lighting for the one in the left and the control you have on saturation is just awesome man, gotta learn from you :D Somehow the pose on the other goblin seems a lot more stable, I don't know what you did but it worked, I'm glad the scribble helped, although yeah it wasn't very accurate, but it made the point haha.

the graveyard painting looks promising too, that fireball is gonna give a lot of play with the environment , can't wait to see the next step.

The gestures look pretty cool, the male figures remind me a lot of the humans from WoW, big bukky arms and solid pose, also, way less stiff than in game ( which is good).

The thumbs...some of them are ok, but other I have a hard time reading them, but I assume they were pretty quick so it's just a matter of keeping it up.

The only crit I have is for the mage. I love the details and the way you have integrated the design using the ref, but I feel the legs need to be pushed a bit back, otherwise it looks like she's falling in a weird way. I know the ref is pretty much like that too, but nothing stops you from improving the stability of the figure :)

And I don't know if you're playing WoW during breaks, but if you do, man, I admire your discipline. I had no other choice than to stay away from Fallout or Skyrim or any game since I started studying more hardcore style, every time I start like " well 30 minutes is ok" even if I manage to ACTUALLY play 30 mins and stop I can't focus if studying cause it seems more boring hahaha. So I haven't touched any game since 8 months ago or so.

Anyway, great stuff man, and thanks for the really usefull feedback, it's helping me out a lot!

SB
Great stuff going on in here lately! The night elf on the last page turned out so freaking good, just looking at her gives me the impression it was a smooth and enjoyable painting for you.

Regarding the mage-Waterhouse spin, I see what you mean with the excess fabric, it sort of feels cumbersome in the volume and how it crosses her body. You have the rhythms of the original down really well so far. As more a potential suggestion than a crit, perhaps making the wrist-attached fabric a part of the cloak would work, either as a single sheet, or another layer to the cloak. Totally up to you though, there is probably a ton of solutions. Also I really like how you have adapted the background elements for the different environment!

As Suira said about the thumbs, some of them could read better - the three on the right come over much clearer as they have larger shapes and more contrast - the one in the top right reads instantly for me because the values separate the elements well, and there is a very clear silhouette, so keep pushing in that direction. I like the idea in the top left one as well, and the person in the bottom reads quite well considering they are dwarfed in size by the dragon/monster - but the dragon/monster, whilst framed well by the foreground, sort of blends in with the back. They're definitely improving though - those ones on the right when compared to those from a few posts back especially.

Finally, liking where you are going with the mage and those goblins! The foreground branches and the slope to the ground make the mage picture so much more interesting, and compliment how the gravestone and the undead lead the eye nicely.

Sir Buttkick! Please stop kicking mine butt! So much hardwork, so much ahrdwork os mchu rhdawkr!
These updates have artfully killed me :)

Well in terms of crits, many daggers already went for the kill :P I'm late to the party... and I can't see anything off with the last Elf update.

Looking forward to where it's headed, same with this lined piece and the Mage chic :D

Also, thank you kindly for the sketchy visit! Feels like an injection of motivation is now surging through my veins haha :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@Suira Thanks a lot for feedback man! Really appreciate it, I'm tweaking a bit on the mage but I'll post later, I don't know if I should be juggling so many projects right now, but I need to, have burn some brain fuses...
And I used to play, alot, but haven't played in quite a while, only play hearthstone every full moon or something, I'm giving this artist thing a shot, lol.

@clockodile Thanks man. Yea, I think I'm over complicating them and I need to simplify the shapes alot, leave the inner shadows to the side, I think I managed to do some in today's studies(not the first 3), I'll be working more on those for sure. I'm not so sure about the cloth on the wrist, it is a good design, but to my mind it evokes middle eastern culture?! And that reminds me of deserts, lol. I don't know, I'll be tweaking that idea later on.

@smrrfette Hahah, thank you! And my updates haven't killed me yet, I need to fix that! Need to work harder! Hey no problem, and you comments fuels me to keep drawing too, thanks again!

Some giant skinny..... aliens? Or giants, who knows? Messing with anatomy, kinda fun. My goal is to distort the human anatomy but still maintaining a pleasant look to them.
Some more progress on thumbnails, got some xp there, need more quests!
And today it was one of those days of self-doubt and frustration, as with my anatomy I feel my render is at an adequate stage but not speed-wise, I'll keep that in my vault for the serious paintings but I want to develop a fast style that dosn't lose so much quality, that's what I tried with the goblin on the right, what do you guys think? Do you think the rendering dropped too much? I'm gonna test on the left goblin too.

[Image: OlQmudv.png]
[Image: 18Pa0sE.png]
[Image: umLTqv3.png]

Sexy stuff as always. I really like them starving gestures haha,really dynamic, and still believable, so great work. The thumbnails have improved considerably too man, except for the two un the upper left, the rest read perfectly, so really nice.

I think your new rendering experiment has paid off too, specially regarding the skin, it looks pretty solid the only thing that needs more work in my opinion is the helmet and the bracelets. The orange on the helmet is a bit distracting and the angular tip needs some more edge work , the right bracelet needs that upper ring's elipse fixed so it follows the perspective of the arm. Overal, pretty cool, I quite like it man.

And you got some balls jugling so many paintings at the same time. Just the my druid is killing me so i cannot even begin to guess how hard it must be to stay focused for all the stuff you're doing and keep sane at the same time :D

Keep up the awesome work, you're totally earning XP and it sounds like you're gonna get a new talent point real soon!

SB
Haha, I'd like to think that in the near future I'll be able to pop these characters in like 4~5 hours each, and then I'll be able to juggle so much more, can't wait. lol.

Kinda rushed it through the night with some breaks and I like the result, and the time, did 2 for the time price of 1.

[Image: oIOY0Jz.png]

Short and stout. :D loved doing these so much it prompted me to make a rough 10 min sketch of the next character painting!
I'm reaaaally satisfied with today's thumbnails, need to keep it up!
And trying to get a feel of Boreas, I don't quite know yet how I'll proceed, I need some sleep and I'll get enlightened after some coffee, after all not a bad day after 2 hours of sleep, lol.

[Image: kqQdpKO.png]
[Image: CE00ghr.png]
[Image: 3WqZ3f8.png]
[Image: S4Mrxaz.png]