Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
That WIP is great! I love the design of the monster, very Francis Bacon. Is there any intended symbolism behind it?

Also, to answer your previous question, The Holy Machine is dystopian future novel that involves a robot prostitute as the deuteragonist of the story, hence the reason it reminded me of that painting you did.

Thanks a lot Stardust! Well, no nothing was intended there ^^ Alright, well must be an interesting story! :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Your work is very inspiring. Grin Makes me want to get that pencil back in hand again, haha.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Aww thank you! That's all I can ever aspire to! Inspire others around me! <3 And you should definetely do it! Why don't you go grab that pencil or that stylus?? :D Do it now ;)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hey guys!
Sooo I'd love to get your opinion on these.. I'm tying to choose on of those but can't make up my mind... also, keep in mind the image will stay pretty small as the final product.

Thank you! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
I think the bottom one seems to be a bit better. Im confused about what your intended focal point is for this piece. The forward claw is the area of most contrast so my eye wants to go there. But you seem to be adding things to the head to try and make it more of a focus? And the red leaves saturation makes my eye kind of conflicted between the foreground and the rest of the composition. Maybe if you incorporated more of the same red throughout the whole piece it would feel more unified. Like more red accents on the creatures body. Perhaps thats what you are doing with the red mark on the head but I think you could unify it more. Perhaps desaturate the foreground and push the red on his forehead as a secondary focus?

2hour studies.. Getting back to it.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Some more studies.. :)

First is from Watt's. Very very freakin helpful. Started to really memorize all the planes and lines! :) Helps me make sense of the human face so good xD

aand last only from imagination after spending a few hours doing quick figure studies.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
I like the middle version of that creature the best! Even better, with some more giant warts going down his spine and around his arms :) Are you attending the Watts atelier? Or is it an online learning program?

Hmm might be a good idea if I work again on it, thanks! ;)
No, I'm not but I wish! :D I'm only studying files from his classes that a friend gave me online! Pretty neat I have to say.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Today's shiiz burger. :)

Thumbnail for my next painting.. Still not sure what I want to go for and having trouble finding interesting ideas.

Quick portraits (1hour?)

Morning 30min quick figure studies

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Aand today's thumbnails! I used a different technique and it seems like it working pretty good to me! ^^ Had fun and I finally have enough ideas to get on a new painting! :) Sorry if some are a littel hard to "read" at first, but I've done these for myself so.. xD

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Morning 45min figure/gesture practice..

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Today's cloth studies.. About 1h30 or more each.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Today's buzzz.. (in preparation of my next painting)

Morning gestures

Then just a few very quick portraits/heads

Cleaning up the thumbnail slowly into a refined version..

Aaaand just a few quick creature sketches just before going to bed (they'll be the little companions of the evil lady)

Goodnight! ^^

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hey everyone! So I've been busy this week working on this..

Did some more studies and I should finalize this today if everything goes smoothly. I had a lot of unexpected changes to do but I think everything's fixed now. Apart from the dragon and the horns, there's not much left to render once I'll pass it to color. :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hello, I really like a lot of stuff here ome really nice looking studies. The last pic looks promising too, one thing I was thinking about is that the figure could be to "dense" if you get what I mean. The siluette is really apparent but then inside of the figure is really downplayed contrastwise. But this could ofcourse be a thing you are going for and I think it works that way to =D nice work
and I hope you dont take offence that I give a crite without you asking for one

well painted

If you want pie come wisit my sketchbook -
crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6096
Hey mate! Thanks a lot! Of course not, this forum is mainly here for people wanting crits and advice! :D Yeah you're right it might be a problem but I'm gonna have to do with it xD

I figured her arm (on the left) was way too short and tweaked a few things. Started the colors today ^^ Thanks again!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Alright, I think I'm almost done![/u]

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Aaand done! :)

Sketchbook