Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Happy New Year everyone!!! :D Hope you had a great time last night and, for those who didn't, hope you'll make it up in the upcoming year! ^^

Personally, I worked further on my "Beast" painting but I got super sick on the 30th and so I couldn't make it to color (it was for a contest held by Iain McCaig).. Anyway, I had lots of fun and will probably color it anyway once I'm back on my feet.

Cheers!

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Happy New Year! Great to kick it off with an art post :) Have you tried darkening the background so it's all darker than the Beast's face? This will help bring his face up as the main focal point of this image.

Focus.
That creature looks rad!
Would be awesome to see it finished, it's got a lot of potential for a great illustration in general!
Get better and Happy New Year! Keep killin it!

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
The Beast drawing is looking great so far! You might want to darken the foreground so the picture will have a stronger sense of perspective and also lighten just a tiny bit right under it so the Beast can pop out. Otherwise I'm loving the concept so far, keep it up! Cheerio~

Hey thank you guys!^^
Meat, I think that's a good idea, I should try darkening the whole background more.. But I have another painting I have to finish first before touching up on this one. Hope everyone is doing good! Cheers! ^^

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Little Star Wars sketch done this evening! :)

Got bored at some point and did an "uncensored" version of it.. though it could be called "It's hot on Jakku". Anyway. :P

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Afternoon's movie still study!
I was getting annoyed and losing patience... so I took off my glasses. Free squinting! xD Made it surprisingly easier! haha

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
(01-07-2016, 09:03 AM)LaleAnn Wrote: Little Star Wars sketch done this evening! :)

Got bored at some point and did an "uncensored" version of it.. though it could be called "It's hot on Jakku". Anyway. :P

olol

(01-08-2016, 04:20 AM)Nimao Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 09:03 AM)LaleAnn Wrote: Little Star Wars sketch done this evening! :)

olol
That's some very thoughtful comment Niko! xD

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Super quick still study before heading out!
Trying to be looser and not dive into details right away.. Need to practice practice!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Starting a new piece for an (unpaid) commission.. Oh well. Gonna be some sort of silly snake-mermaid with her bottom dipping in water..

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Tossed the first "snake  mermaid" and did this instead...

Almsot doooone! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hey! I liked the first one! >.< I hope you change your mind in the end and finish it, too.
Btw, nothing brightens a day like a visit in your sketchbook. Keep dem boobs coming!

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
(01-14-2016, 08:39 AM)badbaddog Wrote: Hey! I liked the first one! >.< I hope you change your mind in the end and finish it, too.
Btw, nothing brightens a day like a visit in your sketchbook. Keep dem boobs coming!

Hahahhaa, thank you! ^^ Well, I might get back to it, but I wasn't really happy with it so.. There will be more to come! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Lunch study, about 2hours. Actually made her butt a bit larger than the original one.. Oh well..

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hi all! Here's a new thing. To be published in a swiss local art magazine, yeay!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Yay for getting published! It’s a cool painting. Creepy and sexy and cool at the same time. Good job!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Yea congrats Lale! Awesome painting.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
I love the last one. Using green and purple is always a good idea and it worked well with the piece as it adds mysterious and eerie effect. Congrats with the publishing, you rock!

Hey Lale, nice sketchbook! I see an impressive amount of progress between when you first started and where you are now. I'm in much the same position as when you started, turned 22 a two months back and I'm getting serious about art. Except that I have no idea what I'm doing. :P

I like your beast painting, looks scary. The mermaid looks like a good combination of creepy and seductive (or at least trying to be seductive, lol). However, her face and body seem a bit flat and lacking form, almost like a cardboard cutout would be. Maybe it has to do with the edges. You went for a neat glow coming from the water, which is a very cool effect, but it might have led to some of the flatness. Even with glow from the water, there will be some darker or shadowy areas right?

Overall looks cool. Congrats on getting published!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!