Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Terran it up....ehhh - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Terran it up....ehhh (/thread-1077.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - atrenr - 10-04-2013

*sucking noise*

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Samszym - 10-05-2013

Man, the amount of work that must have gone into that last picture is just crazy!
really cool stuff! I think the stairs might be too high-contrast against the background right now, they're drawing my eye in but they don't seem like the most important thing in the picture.
keep up the good work :D

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Yarrnick - 10-07-2013

hey man, I see you've been busy studying clouds. I'm doing that aswell including water, and really its a bitch to render anything non solid i found out. Keep on pushing :)

:P I agree with Sam your last piece is getting impressive. I do feel like you need more forest on the left, or something. I'm not buying it that there is only 1 mountain ;P

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Finnjamin - 10-07-2013

Hey man, your sketchbook shows progress, but you already knew that.

*sucking noise*

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - atrenr - 10-24-2013

Thanks guys, while I agree with the points you made I had already decided to move on to the next stuff.

Been really slow lately on top of moving so I have just gotten an embearessing amount done. There are a couple others I'm gonna upload soon but this guy is "done". Probably gonna paint him.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - atrenr - 10-24-2013

Hit me like a drum. He-he-heyy! I feel the mumbooo~ I can't sleep. Bear.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - atrenr - 10-26-2013

Blind Bear ShamalamanFaroutseermaaaaaaaaaaan

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - holdkocos - 10-26-2013

nice one! :3
though i would play with the lineweight a little bit... ;)

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Samszym - 10-26-2013

I agree, some heavier lines and spots of black around places where there would be occlusion shadows would help this a lot. I'm digging the ornaments he's wearing, cool stuff! the arm leaning on the staff looks much longer than the other one

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - ramalooke - 10-26-2013

Love you're linework ;3 I agree with holdkocos. Some lineweight action would benefit your drawings. I like the design though. Great stuff, keep rockin'!

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Egbu - 10-28-2013

Love the design on the bear !:D, Also I agree with sam the arm looks slightly longer than the left.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - brianjohnson - 10-29-2013

These bears are great, and that latest enviro is fantastic. Keep it up.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - atrenr - 10-30-2013

Thanks for all the tips guys! Helps a lot, I'm still pretty new to drawing things out like this.

Can't believe that arm got by me, Sam! Completely unnoticed, thanks for the catch.

Taking a small break from the bears. Been doing a lot of traditional lately but my scanner apparently broke...damnit. So I did an afternoon study and lined out a longer one I wanna do. Can you guess where I got lazy? haha gonna have to do abunch of those, I'm overdue. Forgot how much I enjoy studies In love More soon!

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Tygerson - 10-30-2013

Really like the armored bears--great rough hewn artistry. The weapons and armor suit them so well, one could see a bear making such a thing.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - atrenr - 11-02-2013

Thanks Tygerson! Trying to push 'em : )

So it's been about 1 year and 4 months since I "became an artist" and started painting. I've worked hard and learned a lot over the past year about myself as well as art. So much more to learn and discover however! Can't wait Thumbs_up

Talent ain't shit. Work hard all day 'erry day, bitches

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - crackedskull - 11-03-2013

Great progress over the year dude. Keep it up.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Samarus - 11-03-2013

Much progress !
Awesome !
Keep it up !

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - BenFlores - 11-03-2013

dat progress <3 keep working hard man, it's motivating to see this.

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - smrr - 11-03-2013

YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN YOU!

Your improvement brought a tear to my eye :')

Keep ripping it up Terran!

P.s. thanks for the likeness tip, +rep !!

RE: Terran it up....ehhh - Amit Dutta - 11-03-2013

Nice progress in here mate. Those bears are sweeeet. Definitely play with line weight for next ones but yeah cool. Keep it up!