Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Will Warburton's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Will Warburton's sketchbook (/thread-113.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 02-25-2013

EduardoGaray - cheers again mate, i tried playing with the values some more to push the areas of focus and to move the eye and tried some other action stuff out. I struggled to get the action poses to work without loosing the feel of 'ambush' instead of assassinated, if that makes sense. Its strange because when i see thumbnails with values i think "yeah that works" then i get near the end and think "fuck its broken" lol. cheers once again.

laura - Maybe it's the air :p I think one of the hardest bounderies for me is that i want to be earning money. I don't really care if that makes me a sell out or whatever but after 2 years of working everyday it's abit depressing having nothing to show for it. And even now i still can't really get any work.
But on the other hand you have to be completely honest with yourself and ask what is it you truely want? If in an ideal world you could spend the rest of the time you have on this earth doing something, what would it be? For me it's creating cool worlds, characters and creatures which capture your heart. As chessy as it sounds, thats probably why i like games, books and films so much. And so as much as it hurts to study on with little resuts, it hurts even more when i let this shit go and give up. My few weeks of procrastination showed me this. Sorry for the rambling cheesy responce, though i hope it helpsin some way. Thanks for dropping by :)

ambushed, because the night shift sucks.
[Image: ambushedlowress_zps274f04b3.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - ramalooke - 02-28-2013

Heeey. Been a while since i posted here anything. Doesn't mean i'm not following your work, no no. I think you shouldn't be focused on earning money so badly. Art is a hard thing to do. Ammout of hours required to do this kinda stuff on decent level is riddiculus. It's hard to accept that you wont be making any money for two or three years if you don't love what you do. But in that cas at least we have our passion that keeps us going. Money is kinda an nice addition to it. Wish you luck and hope to see some crazy updates soon ;3 Cheers!

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 02-28-2013

hey this composition could definitely work, but dont you think it is too dark?
I know that the scene should be dark but i see too much black, and the arm of the soldier is too small.
I recommend you to never use black to do shadows, instead use something else.
Brad Rigney is the boss painting this kind of night/horror scenes, take a look at his works.
Also, i did a super shitty paintover to show you what i´m saying, i hope you dont mind mate.

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 03-07-2013

rama - hey hey, good to see you around again! Yeah it's kinda crazy the amount of time it takes, it just hurts abit after 2 years you still can't move forward. The thought of not caring about money sounds good on paper but sadly, i just don't feel it. Maybe it's because for nearly 3 years ive been working off a dining room table at my parents and sleeping in a living room. I have nothing, no life, no space, no real relationships and i want change. To move out and progress forward i need money. You see the cycle :p I don't really know how to approve getting work either, as silly as that sounds it's something people tend not to talk about.
Sorry for rambling again, your imput is always appreciated mate :)

EduardoGaray - thaaaaaaanks man! Your right of course and i appreciate the paintover, it's not super shitty at all, it looks way beter than the original. I really noticed it when i saw the piece on my phone, and it looks completely different from my laptop i work off. The blacks look like dark grey on my laptop so i probably need a decent moniter or something. Or maybe i just suck and didnt notice ;p
Either way thanks again, your help and advice is always welcome <3

reworked abit more. Still dark but i'll learn my lesson for next time.
[Image: ambushed_zps46323ac3.jpg]

some pencil study stuff from all over the place
[Image: 2013-03-06163728_zps4b51e149.jpg]

[Image: 2013-03-06163823_zps6c61b615.jpg]

[Image: 2013-03-06163844_zps916b932d.jpg]

mind
[Image: 2013-03-06163907_zps1f43ca9a.jpg]

study
[Image: wowshiitret_zpsd513ab48.jpg]

couple of sjetches
[Image: centaurchowthing_zps92aca555.jpg]

[Image: tollorgedude_zps5d23a382.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - unlimitedbacon - 03-07-2013

Love your linework

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - jneumann26 - 03-07-2013

Excellent work, its all looking good! Keep improving :)

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - vatteh - 03-07-2013

Keep pushing it man; you're definitely getting there. I really like the centaur sketch in your last post.

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 03-15-2013

unlimited bacon - cheers dude

jneumann26 - thanks man, glad you think so and i'll do my best. Improvement is something which is prity tough to keep a track off. :p

vatteh - thank you, thats comforting to hear. Glad you like and thanks for stopping by.

bear doodles as warm up shiit
[Image: scifibeardude5th_zps5012940a.jpg]

[Image: bearsith_zps4a9e6bb0.jpg]

study, subtlety isnt my strong point, that includes lighting too
[Image: facechickbom13th_zpse7f8190a.jpg]

mind shit
[Image: pallydudeportraitsketch_zps0d616bc4.jpg]

somethin ive been workin on from old bloodsports, Molly millions. I went into it wanting to create something for myself. Not for portfolio or bolg updates or anything, just completely free. Was prity suprising how much fun it was, though it ran abit dry a few hours in :p
The moral to the story is, when you go to start a new piece for personal use, don't do it because you feel it needs to meet a specific crowd or look cool because everyone else is doing it. Do your own ideas and you'll be suprised how much ideas slow much more easily. At least it did for me, even if this is still kinda generic.
[Image: wip2_zps01c1b127.jpg]

time warior thumbs. Probably don't mean alot to people at the mo but figured i'd show them anyways
[Image: thumbs_zps2ba89efb.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 03-23-2013

new piece, bloodsports entry

[Image: bloodsports13_zps750bca9f.jpg]

[Image: bloodsportsstudiesandwips_zps974c786b.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 04-04-2013

new bloodsports, beast warriors.

[Image: wip3_zpscfc76512.jpg]

[Image: secondfinal_zps3e56e790.jpg]

[Image: studies_zpsb9074161.jpg]

master study
[Image: masterstudy2nd_zps21d3258f.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Markus - 04-06-2013

Thanks for stopping by my sb.
You got some very solid stuff in here man, loving the painterly feel of your digital work.
BS14 turned out sweet!

Keep rocking.

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Archreux - 04-11-2013

Man, I really love you sketchbook. I find myself coming back and looking through it time, and time again. You've made a wonderful amount of improvement here!

Keep an eye on some of your proportions. There's a few of your works where they are off just slightly, it is a noticeable amount nonetheless. Aside from this keep doing whatever it is you're doing. It's obviously working out great. :D

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Izzual - 04-11-2013

Love to see your improvement :) Your BS14 had a cool final look !

Keep it up !! :D

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - hamoomy - 04-11-2013

awesome work dude! keep pushing it :D

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 04-14-2013

Markus - Thanks man, i appreciate the kind words. I never expected my stuff to turn out painterly, it's pretty cool how thats ended up. thanks again :)

archreux - That cool man, i'm glad you like my shiiit. My CA sketchbook is abit older than this one so you can check out my very first dig paintings there if you interested :p
Proportions is something ive always struggled with, i'll work harder to try and correct it. Cheers for your crit and for stopping by, it's greatly appreciated.

izzual - Glad you like mate, thanks alot :D

hamoomy - will do! Thanks for dropping by

Just a dump of bits and bobs between work and illustration/portfolio stuff. I'm not too sure if ive uploaded some of this stuff before, sorry if i have :/

studies
[Image: snowwarrior_zps2c77247b.jpg]
[Image: arabstudy_zps9bf1aa6c.jpg]
[Image: stilllife_zps8621a20d.jpg]
[Image: figures_zps1710e7ec.jpg]

mind shit/doodles
[Image: facedodododododles_zps243c5006.jpg]

[Image: archersketchdoodle_zpse9fee8eb.jpg]
thumbnails
[Image: ideas5_zps076519e7.jpg]

[Image: golemideas1_zps563cc7f4.jpg]

[Image: ideas3_zps0c8fed87.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 04-16-2013

cool update, these last designs are pretty good, i definitely see improvement, specially in terms of design.
Keep this up mate!

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Warburton - 04-20-2013

EduardoGaray - Hey man, glad you think so. Design is something i fail pretty hard at so it's long due i try and brush up on that. In fact i'm thinkin of doing a month of pure chars and creatures to tackle it, like 30-40 or something, i'm not sure yet :p thanks again or the support mate.

new bloodsports - guild of golems
[Image: process_zps71f4d92b.jpg]

[Image: guildofgolemsfinal_zps5aa244a2.jpg]

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Flo - 04-28-2013

hey will,
you improved really much and it shows. I read your earlier post about going back to procrastination. I think it is totally normal to get frustrated of your own work from time to time. for me it really helped to include exercise in my daily routine. maybe your need to balance a bit more how much you sit painting and how much you move your body. to me it was totally beneficial to not paint for an hour and work out. it helps me to focus and i feel more energized. other than that i think you are heading in the right direction, your pencil work is great and the design of that guild of golems entry is really original.

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - rainbowsorknives - 04-28-2013

love the character designs you are doing man!

RE: Will Warburton's sketchbook - Toxicpanda - 04-28-2013

This is a really creative and beautiful sketchbook,and I've been looking at it few times already. Love your studies,designs and the way you play with imagination. Keep up with amazing work and have a lot of fun :D