Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-14-2014

Sketching today was the complete opposite of the vampire lady I did earlier. Everything just came flowing naturally as if the pencil had a mind of its own. God, I love that sketch flow, it´s almost like meditating. Too bad it isn´t constantly there :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-15-2014

Some anatomy/lighting studies and a character sketch

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-18-2014

Study and character sketch from imagination. The study turned out quite good, the sketch not so. It was too rushed and has too many anatomy errors. The pose is.....awful

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - jeremygordon89 - 11-18-2014

You've got some awesome looking stuff in here! In the latest imaginative sketch what probably needs changed most of all is the way the head is drawn on the neck; right now it looks a lot more flat than the rest of the body. The chest looks a bit off too. Putting in some darker local values would add nice visual interest to this character too. Everything else is pretty nice! Keep going!
: )

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-19-2014

@jeremygordon89: Thanks very much for your crit, I appreciate it! That sketch really isn´t my best work :)

Sketch practice:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-19-2014

Doodling around and suddenly....wizard

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-21-2014

A cliche dwarf and a starwarsish alien and a few quick heads

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-22-2014

more doodling and suddenly....orc! Guess I´ll do this more often now. Start off with nothing special in mind, just a general direction (in this case: portrait) and let the painting develop by itself and come to life from nothing more than a few doodle lines. It is very relaxing and meditative

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-25-2014

Study and sketches. Also trying to warm up to the Goblin&Gnomes contest at deviantart

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-26-2014

More of the same....sketches sketches study

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-26-2014

Landscape practice

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-28-2014

Some Qunari sketches from imagination because...Dragon Age :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - rainbowsorknives - 11-28-2014

Very nice pencil work :D some nice armour designs in there to. looking forward to seeing more!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-29-2014

@rainbowsorknives: Thanks! :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - StardustLarva - 11-29-2014

Great rendering on that robot!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - maggie - 11-29-2014

So I just found one more awesome sketchbook. I love your digital paintings.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-30-2014

@StardustLarva: Thanks! I don´t really like the rendering here :)

@maggie: Thanks very much. Drop by any time.

Here is an example study sheet of how I do studies these days. Both are portrait studies and I do living and dead master studies (I don´t post them all here as these usually are boring and not very pretty and I also don´t want to post too many studies from living masters purely for copyright reasons). The first is Bouguereau and the second study is from a character by Marko Djurdjevic, here is his dA page: http://marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/

What I do here is not making a 1:1 copy, I analyze the painting and try to focus on what is important for me and what I want to learn. Here I focussed on values, lighting and what colors where used and how were they used.
I first guess all the b&w values from the colored image, then I guess the colors and finally compare the real ones to my guessed, noting where I was off.. Then I do a quick study painting where I don´t go for accuracy but for use of colors, values, trying to memorize everything. I also make notes for future reference.

After that I could go back and do an accurate painting of the studied image, if I desire or think it will help to increase my knowledge on the subjects.

The second image is an application from mind some time after the studies.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 12-02-2014

Playing around with lighting. Not too happy with it

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 12-03-2014

Some fairly quick faces (still noodled around too much with them for an hour each...) These were fun to do and I especially like the females eye part. Here I did no drawing, no values before, just went in and painted in color without any construction, trying to be a little loose. Turned out ok

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 12-05-2014