Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - JyonnyNovice - 10-07-2016

beautiful work as always in the last few pages! I really like the last studies especially - would love to see one of your fantasy character scenes in that ballpoint + ink + marker setup! It adds a lot of drama lighting them like that!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - AfricanVoodoo - 10-07-2016

The progress you made since Day 1!! I aspire to get to your level of rendering with pencils. Good job man, keep it up and you'll get to your goals!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-08-2016

@JyonnyNovice: Thanks! The goal with these marker/ink studies is indeed to get a better feeling for lighting (next to being more confident in proportions as I draw straight with pen without any preliminary pencil sketch). Tried to do an ink sketch applying the studies. Turned out ok and studying with inks really give you more confidence :)

@AfricanVoodoo: Thanks very much, that´s nice of you to say! Just keep on drawing, skill comes naturally if you just draw enough

Pencils sketches and ballpoint pen plus ink/marker study/sketch (the study is blue, cause my black ballpoint pen finally died and I had nothing else...markers with alcohol on top naturally smear :) Figured it is time for some halloweeney stuff....and combine i with inktober :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-12-2016

Some pencil sketches and lots of doodles, nothing really serious. Tried to sketch out some extremely quick faces with facial expressions to see how I do drawing them from imagination. If you´re wondering about the horse, my 3 year old niece was visiting while I drew and she didn´t believe I could draw a horsey :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Hozure - 10-12-2016

3 years (almost 4) already, huh. There's definitely more confidence coming out of your latest drawings. Nice range of facials too, I'd love to see if you could achieve the same with a single, consistent face (and in different angles, too!).

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-13-2016

@Hozure: Yes, time flies.....seems like yesterday since I started :) Your suggestion of drawing the same face really sounded great, so as I´ve actually never done that before, I gave it a shot and it was extremely fun :) Got to do this again with a male face....

Sketching around trying to be a bit painterly and an exercise for face consistency.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-18-2016

Sketching, trying out some lighting from below

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-21-2016

Stuff in pen and pencil

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-02-2016

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell sketches with some unicorn stuff requested by the 5 year old daughter of a friend of mine :) The last sketch ended another moleskine sketchbook....time to start the next one

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Fedodika - 11-03-2016

Whassup Elder Scroller, you've got some solid work! I think the only thing i can offer as a critique is to watch your proportions and forms in those tricky areas;

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=92496

Like the left one's rib cage isn't completely wrapping properly, it needs a little more width to fill it out. You're already pretty amazing so, just keep doing what you're doin ;)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-09-2016

@Fedodika: Thanks! Understanding form and proportions is a constant "work in progress" :)

Been watching Dr. Strange at the movies lately so I did some strange sketches (not supposed to  be Benedict Cumberbatch). Male and female version

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Adam Lina - 11-09-2016

[Image: attachment.php?aid=92023]I like that girl with the cast shadow. Its a good change from the normal flat on perspective you draw you characters in. You should try out more dynamic perspectives like that.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-11-2016

@Adam Lina: You´re right, should do that more often. It would also train perspective at the same time as character design

Wandering hobbit lady about to start a journey...plus my thoughts on the election....

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Magda_Piatkowska - 11-11-2016

Great job, Elderscroller! I really like your latest posts, especially the hobbit gal illustration - it looks like something out of an old-school D&D rulebook. You have a very nice range of values in you pencil drawings, and I like the soft rendering. I'm looking forward to more stuff :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-16-2016

@Magda_Piatkowska: Thanks a lot! I always liked those illustrations :)

Some ballpoint pen portrait studies plus an experiment in sketching. I tried to recall some artists work from memory and sketch something reminiscent to it. So first one is from Conan illustrations from Frazetta in subject and composition (pose is more moved than in the typical Conan painting). I obviously switched the gender roles here.

Second is in style to Alfons Mucha. Had lots of fun with that one and I think, I will do a painting of that one sooner or later (oil or digital, I don´t know yet) 

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-22-2016

Had so much fun with the Mucha style sketch, so I did another with a Cthulhu-twist :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-25-2016

Sketching characters....again :) Second one (the disfigured guy) is a first draft of an assignment. It´s some guys demonically mutated former warrior RPG character....poor chap

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 11-29-2016

Sketching a character (the warrior) for a larger party picture of an RPG group as a commission. He´s a travelling knight,not very rich, of a viking-like race

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 12-06-2016

Some more sketches for my recent commission

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 12-20-2016

Haven´t posted in a while so here is a bit more than usually. Mostly pencils sketches, some ballpoint sketches from life/art of my recent trip to Vienna,trying to quickly draw portraits in coffee shops, at the breakfast table,in the subway.Last sketch is from a Hieronymus Bosch exhibition. Wicked stuff....