Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-11-2019

Continuing the painterly sketching practice. I also tried out the recording feature in procreate, which is really fun!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-12-2019

More quick sketching on the ipad with process video:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-20-2019

Some recent work and sketching

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Baldgate - 03-24-2019

I like your portrait, they are very expressive. Baldur's gate vibe xD The composition of those and drawing is already good, I think you should start blurring a bit more some edge (the background for example) and add bit more material texture and details

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-25-2019

@Baldgate Thanks! You´re right, they could use more details, texture and edge control, but these are just sketches to me as I´m trying to get a grasp on sketching with no lines, only blobs of paint and sculpting out what I want.

Some more quick portrait practice. This time I portraited my recent pen and paper RPG party. There´s the spymaster, the goblin, the ugly dwarf twins and the blood shaman

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Baldgate - 03-26-2019

Aahhh okay!

Real nice stuff, love these !

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-04-2019

The trashking, done for a video for april fools day

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-09-2019

Here´s some fun practice stuff: Paint a blob of colour without lifting the brush and without looking. Then find a face inside the blob (kind of like cloudgazing) and use just 3 values and simple brushstrokes to form it out. Takes only up to 5 min. I also took one of the so generated faces and fleshed it out a bit more. It´s fun and sparks creativity 

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-16-2019

Illustration of a demon, who collects bones of worthy enemies, called the bonewasher

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - SufferDriver - 04-16-2019

(04-16-2019, 10:12 PM)Elderscroller Wrote: Illustration of a demon, who collects bones of worthy enemies, called the bonewasher

Hell yeah! dude awesome work! Alot of great stuff on your sketchbook all over. Cool name too, elder scrolls 3 was my jam back when it came out on PC. I gave up friends and chicks (chix dood!) for like a year to live in that game. Best game ever made, other than dark souls.
Anyway your work is great and the bonewasher might be a wierd name ;-), but the concept is super cool. Like the predator!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - SufferDriver - 04-16-2019

(09-11-2013, 06:22 AM)Elderscroller Wrote: Color study for armor/rusty metal in diffuse daylight

Original image: http://keirea.deviantart.com/

Sorry to post again but damn! Your color and light studies are so good! are you doing mostly freelance stuff?

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - neopatogen - 04-17-2019

I like that idea with blobs, definitely want to try as well :)
Native americans are my favs from this page, look most natural to me :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-29-2019

@SufferDriver: thanks very much! When I´m not painting for myself, I do occasional freelancing, yes.
@neopatogen: thanks a lot, I really recommend the blob thing for a nice creative spark (especially when sitting in front of a blank canvas :)

A new demon illustration: the wishmaster

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 05-02-2019

As my ipad corrupts me into more painting and less drawing (I´ve not been pencil drawing for quite some time now.....), I decided to do some exercise sketch drawing on the ipad at least. Here´s a chilling gandalf

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 05-03-2019

Wanted to do another LotR character digital drawing, so here´s bored Gimli...

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 05-08-2019

new demon illustration, this one´s for ill-growth 

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 05-13-2019

Practice render of my digital drawing of gimli. I wanted to see what I could make of it without using reference and implementing a story element. I call it "Gimli, don´t make such a fuss!"

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 05-22-2019

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-05-2019

Been to the art history museum in Vienna and did some studying and plein-air there. After that I tried to apply what I learned from the study of Frans Hals onto my own painting 

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-12-2019

An alternate version of the bonewasher demon, less undead looking, more of a chaos overlord