Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things (/thread-2091.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 05-30-2014

Thanks very much Hypnagogic :D :D

---
update - a couple of WIPS

an LOTR themed caricature commission and the dragon trainer picture, I thought it needed a better story and composition so added a messenger bag to the dragon and another trainer in the background..hmm somethings just not quite working...

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-02-2014

Update on the commission..

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-05-2014

Not worked on the commission much, I've been knitting a lion for a friend (as you do) just rejigged his face around a bit as I wasn't happy with the likeness and structure of the head..

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-08-2014

A very rough concept inspired by Alexander McQueen...something to give me an incentive to do some dramatic lighting studies, mostly from memory.

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-09-2014

Worked on the commission all day today :) feeling positive about where it's going, getting a bit more confident putting purples and greens in the skintones not sure it's right but it looks interesting and I'm having fun.

I'm nearly done on the guy, then I just have to clarify the orcs in the foreground and neaten and sort out the background :D

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-10-2014

Having a change with this months ISCA facebook contest...Dean Konop, I'm finding it hard to get a good likeness, I'll try again..

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-11-2014

Fun with orcs..

blocking them in and having fun with shapes :)

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-16-2014

Finished the commission of my friends boyfriend :D really enjoyed it, I think I only overpainted it slightly, which is an improvment lol

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-18-2014

Dean Konop final submission for the ISCA contest...

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-23-2014

Changed the head on the commission..it wasn't working, now I've got to refine the likeness and maybe change the angle of the hands and sword..

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-24-2014

Just playing around with an idea for the Bali Challenge. Dante Gabriel Rossetti's 'Lady Lilith' as Marianne from Raiders of the Lost Ark...

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-25-2014

Finished the commission for my friend...I find it hard to stop and let go, but I had to redo his whole head and I think it looks better, I will look with fresh eyes tomorrow and do a test print.

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-26-2014

Made a few more adjustments and flipped him round, I think it looks better that way, had to call it finished to send it to print, I need to practice more so I make better decisions and use less brush strokes...that is the mission this year.

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-27-2014

Tonights quick sketch of Adrian Edmonson and Rik Mayall in Bottom, mostly from memory (After I did a sketch I redrew it without ref but looked at the sketch from time to time)

..still can't believe Rik's gone :( RIP you utter b*st*rd <3

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 06-28-2014

Progress on the Bali Challenge master study..

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - zou - 06-29-2014

Hi Angie

Great stuff happening here ! It seems you're having fun with those.

I see you're doing master study challenge, gl :)

nothing to critic. I Like the painterly brush :p

take care angel

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 07-01-2014

sketch dump, pages from my sketchbook: The Bali challenge sketches, sketches on the train and some caricature doodles (one on paper that got crumpled in my bag)...

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 07-06-2014

Finished Bali Illustration workshop challenge..i posted it late i thought it was tomorrow at midnight..doh, anyway it was a good practice, i enjoyed it. :D

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 07-07-2014

Blocking in the colours on two projects I started a while ago...

RE: Angies sketchbook of stuff and things - Angel_Intheuk - 07-11-2014

Some painting practice, started with a value sketch of Shirley Bassey and then coloured her in, tightened the important bits and tried to keep it loose. And a self portrait/caricature...