Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-10-2013

[Image: f2O2mBS.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Einver - 10-11-2013

Man, Every time I come to your thread I just get way too inspired to draw pretty girls in fantasy settings...Not to mention they just keep getting better.

I'm super fond of your working methods too, very straightforward and non-superfluous from what I can perceive. Keep rocking those figures.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-11-2013

Thanks Einver! Appreciate it man :)

worked on this one a little more, lots left to do
[Image: vYHuxmi.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-12-2013

some studies
[Image: C3Bzum9.jpg]
[Image: iwkfcI4.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-13-2013

face practice thang
[Image: K2mXdDu.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-14-2013

[Image: 7QxZKIf.jpg]
[Image: P9SkLc2.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - TonariNoPunpun - 10-15-2013

Loving the portraits and the studies man!
And the girl with the shoulder armor is looking maaaad!!! Hope to see it finished!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Kaffer - 10-15-2013

I'm with Einver there.. awesome as always. That drapery study caught my eye especially!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Elaeis - 10-15-2013

wow nice thread! love the warrior girl :) keep going!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Eraiasu - 10-15-2013

Just spent the last hour browsing trough here, maaaaaan! Your stuff is just improving at the speed of light! Love it! :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-15-2013

thanks ya'llllll :)
I noticed that when I downsize my images for posting online the edges that look soft at a larger size end up looking really sharp. Anyone know a workaround for this?

another WIP, next post will be finish hopefully
[Image: 0HH8KDR.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - MrFrenik - 10-15-2013

Great studies, man.

I don't know a workaround for it, but it has to do with the resolution change compressing the file or some shit like that that I have no idea about. I actually prefer it when it sharpens, but that's just me. :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-17-2013

Hmm yeah I think the problem is that my soft edges aren't soft enough. Got to work on that!

[Image: ZyZbVpE.jpg]
[Image: pabmWWG.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - BenFlores - 10-17-2013

the contrast in value and in the sharpness of the edges really point me toward the face which is beautifully done. great work again :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - DK - 10-18-2013

Lovely work Pnate. Lots of progression from first pg to now, hope to see you push more of your work even further.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-18-2013

Thanks Ben! :)

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate the encouragement.

Each new piece is such a kick in the butt for me. I feel like I'm not really focusing enough on the stuff that will help me improve, maybe like I'm stuck in kind of a groove. Anyone have any interesting study methods? I love trying new things

Moon Man
[Image: DArxUGx.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 10-19-2013

I see lots of organic and "soft surface" things in your sketchbook, maybe you could just try and do something completely different for a change? Architecture, hard surface stuff, vehicles, spaceship, scifi etc... or whatever you might feel uncomfortable doing. Outside of your comfort zone. See what you can do to improve in those areas, and when coming back to your characters etc, maybe you can carry over something you learnt. At least I feel like concentrating on a completely different subject matter can really help work on the overall skill level. :)

Love the latest lady you finished! Great use of light.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-19-2013

Thanks Lyraina! Definitely feel like my inorganic stuff is a weakness :) I should revisit those scott robertson DVDs and work on them, that will probably be essential if I ever decide to jump into concept art

face studies and application, trying to figure out some stuff. It's amazing how complex painting a forehead can be.
[Image: cXLAQfk.jpg]
[Image: vYYk3TW.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 10-20-2013

[Image: 8B0SXPb.jpg]
[Image: awZuunI.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Archreux - 10-21-2013

Man, definitely seeing a hard level-up progression here on this page. Your faces and poses are all looking good. That mage girl, and this new archer are looking really nice. I can't wait to see 'em finished. :]