Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-22-2014

Elderscroller - Thanks man! I admit my knowledge of feet anatomy stinks (pun?) So that's something I've got to remember to work on. Much appreciate the crit!

Kaffer - That's a good thing I hope lol thanks as always kaffer!

bridge in the fog
[Image: bJwLTZ1.jpg]

Forgive the small update, got a couple things in the works, will show WIPs soonnn

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - crackedskull - 01-23-2014

Good balance on imaginative work and studies, keep it up.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-23-2014

Thanks crackedskull!

dragon rider 1, 2 and 3 - didn't get the mood i was going for, but I tried!
[Image: o6uCnDt.jpg]
[Image: XRCXXsc.jpg]
[Image: Zq6dNjN.jpg]
Kinda liked the titanic one, so I think I'm going to finish it. Any crits on this so far would be welcome :)
[Image: NVgxZxj.jpg]
[Image: Ji4eRda.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-24-2014

axeman
[Image: jmaD1z0.jpg]
robot workshop
[Image: pF5Vegu.jpg]
dr who studies
[Image: YMdECNX.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-25-2014

flamethrower tank
[Image: phr7yI4.jpg]
girl with headphones
[Image: VJSAdUH.jpg]
next character WIP
[Image: 7r7f7ma.jpg]
Levitan studies and application
[Image: U5vtxIo.jpg]
[Image: 1bhprRN.jpg]

btw if you've never used wikipaintings before, it's an awesome resource http://www.wikipaintings.org/ pretty much any paintings you want to see in fairly high quality.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-26-2014

more levitannnn
[Image: 7MIH6HF.jpg]
[Image: pUjvrrb.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Egbu - 01-26-2014

Really awesome colours you're getting in those master studies :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-26-2014

Awesome colors on this studies man <3

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-27-2014

Thanks guys! :) Levitan is da besttt

[Image: HwWbgUb.jpg]
[Image: v2gDqVJ.jpg]
[Image: ph2ddsj.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - JakeB - 01-27-2014

Really nice work as always man. Character stuff especially looks really cool recently. Keep it coming :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 01-28-2014

Lovely updates as always <3 The painterly look of those enviros is cool.

I just subscribed to the perspective class using the link you posted - please let me know if it worked! It showed a notice with your name on the top, but I didn't get a confirmation that you got a discount or anything...

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 01-28-2014

yup, sweet stuff. That girl with the spear is looking nice, well your female characters are what i like the most about your work. :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-28-2014

Thanks Jake :) Tryin to get those characters down

Lyraina - I just checked, they gave me store credit :) Thanks for using my link! I can't wait for this class, it's gonna be awesomeee. Hope your move went well!

Eduardo - Thanks man. I should probably paint some more men haha

twisted tree
[Image: GC8T20U.jpg]
soldier's funeral
[Image: P5K3R5M.jpg]
sketcharoo, just playin around
[Image: HAUgJHG.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - matkaminski - 01-29-2014

The way you handled post 569 seems a little different than your normal.
I'm still trying to figure out your process, but the gradient stuff (while it works for you) looks strange to me. The end result can't be argued with, but I tend to get a little distracted by the smoothness of the gradient over the rough painting. I don't know, I guess I just prefer when you paint instead of try to manipulate the tools.
Either way, it seems like you have a process that is completely different than anything I have ever seen and it works.
I would like to see more finished pieces out of you though, unless you're really busy try to push yourself and get one finished piece a week?

Also... your master studies above are awesome! :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Cyprinus - 01-29-2014

Awesome sketchbook, great studies and love your colours! Can't stop staring at your last sketch somehow, it really captured me! Also, your brush strokes are really amazing.
Can't wait to see more!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 01-29-2014

Good to know it worked! I'm looking forward to the course :)

Love the spitpaints and sketch... you always have so interesting ways of interpreting the topics.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-29-2014

matkaminski - Hey thanks for the compliments and critiques! I tend to overuse gradients for those spitpaints because of the time limits, but you're right, direct painting probably looks better and is slightly more fun as well :)

Cyprinus - Thank you!

Lyraina - Thanks as always Lyraina. Class is comin up sooon! My body is ready

study
[Image: ktVid7N.jpg]
few more adjustments + rendering passes and should be done. not sure about the whip positioning though. Any thoughts?
[Image: Wc5ib1t.jpg]

Edit: did a quick memory application in bed before going to sleep. Done on my poopy fujitsu so it's pretty rough and the likeness is totally lost haha. Night ya'll!
[Image: gHtfWf4.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - matkaminski - 01-29-2014

Yeah, these look super awesome!

And kudos for the applied study right afterward. Those will improve your memory painting ten-fold!

As far as the whip goes, I would actually suggest you swirl it away and then back toward the figure because as it stands right now, it pulls your eye out of the picture plane. Definitely not something you want to do unless you are simply making a concept art piece? It could also help to have the figure that is receding backward to be slightly shadowed (specifically the back leg). That would help push the drama of the angle. And just for context sake, do a really rough ground shadow (even if you aren't planning on putting anything in the foreground / background). Think like how posemaniacs puts their figure's shadow in. It helps to create a more believable character space.

Keep on truckin! :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Doolio - 01-29-2014

Wow, the twisted tree is awesome:D So are your other quicky quicks and polygonal laso stuff:)

And I love your application from memory, I find it to be stylized just the right amount to be extremely appealing:) Well, you might say it's unintentional but nevertheless:D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 01-30-2014

matkaminski - hey thanks again! :) I adjusted the whip a bit, I'll probably post later when I get back to it

Thanks much Doolio!

Today was rough, but gonna update anywaysss
Flying Dutchman
[Image: wh0wwSM.jpg]
tiger and elephant fight
[Image: aTq0pgL.jpg]