Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 02-25-2014

Man, you are so productive :O
As much as I love your character and environments (still wondering where you're pulling all those ideas from!), I'd love to see you push yourself in different areas every now and then.. maybe some sci fi architecture stuff or other hard surface to apply things from the perspective course? Or a child, or very old person, or ... don't know, what do you think is a weak area of yours?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 02-25-2014

Thanks Lyraina! Definitely scifi architecture 0_0 Really got to try doing that one day

quickpose gestures and imagination gestures/heads
[Image: bRhfCjD.jpg]
[Image: HlyXvX4.jpg]
[Image: iJXOJtX.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - JakeB - 02-26-2014

Oh man, that light through the clouds in the 'mountain pond' spit paint is gorgeous. So good.

Awesome stuff as always dude, really inspiring. Loved Yours + Warburton's tag team on that portrait, came out really nice. Keep it coming :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 02-26-2014

Hey thanks Jake :)

Sargent study and application

[Image: kcfkM2O.jpg]
[Image: GLOFoma.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 02-27-2014

Oh Holy cow man, awesome study AND application :O love it!
Looking so good

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Adam Lina - 02-27-2014

Dat Sargent study

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - crackedskull - 02-27-2014

0/10 no black border on study application.

Jokes aside you crushed it mate.

Is there any chance that you could upload higher resulution pictures?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Madzia - 02-27-2014

sweet brush work! I have this feeling that when you're polishing piece it somehow loosing it's appeal. Not always, but some pictures in earlier stage looked more energetic. Be careful with edges (not making every single one so crisp) if I have to blame something it's probably random sharpen :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 02-27-2014

Thanks Ursula!

Hypnagogic_Haze - thanks mannn

crackedskull - lol things are always better with black borders. Hmm I may upload some images with larger resolution, I just find it better not to post huge images in this thread so the whole image can fit.

Madzia - Ah yes, I think that's very accurate. I'm trying to get better at not losing that initial appeal, I think I definitely need more edge studies and to stay away from that hard round some more :)

Another Sargent study/application
[Image: z8XdIyB.jpg]
[Image: XRlfRDw.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 02-28-2014

WIP - needs quite a bit more work
[Image: ihx8oGJ.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - StardustLarva - 02-28-2014

That's looking good so far, the textures look as though they're coming along well.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 03-01-2014

StardustLarva - thanks man!

[Image: z1obxwf.jpg]
[Image: 1vIoQw7.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 03-01-2014

just popping in to say that you are kicking ass here :D.

Keep up the good work!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - CoreyH - 03-01-2014

Really cool how you are immediately applying those studies.

Do you refer back to the study at all during the application? Or push through entirely via memory?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - ImSkeptical - 03-02-2014

Went through a bunch of your sketchbook, your portrait stuff and simple brushwork is frekin inspiring man! Thanks for the motivation :D.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 03-02-2014

OtherMuzz - thanks for poppin by!

CoreyH - thanks Corey, I will do as much from memory as I possibly can and refer back to my study if I'm drawing a blank. I've found, personally, that I don't learn as much if I just keep pushing the empty memory bank when applying because then I'm just noodling.

ImSkeptical - Thanks for the kind words :)

worked on this a bit more and a berd
[Image: c275pSA.jpg]
[Image: sesOjXx.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Egbu - 03-02-2014

The colour you get in your studies is just too good, I really love how you apply your studies so well, it has really helped in improving your work!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 03-03-2014

Thanks Egbu, gotta keep myself on dem studies

Meh. Realized too late in this one that I need to experiment more with my compositions and lighting schemes. Going to try to make my next one more exciting.
[Image: LLsLuny.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Madzia - 03-03-2014

Girl with a sword looks great, maybe only pedestal grabs to much attention, details make it stand out unnecessarily.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Einver - 03-04-2014

Pedestal didn't grab my attention much, but that's just me.

I think that the girl w/ the sword piece is actually pretty strong! It's good to experiment as you move forward, but that one's definitely portfolio worthy at this point, imo. The diagonal makes it very striking, and the lighting feels good to behold.

Just push yourself harder when it comes to your next highly-finished piece work and you'll be in good shape, dude!