Crimson Daggers β€” Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers β€” Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - JacobJanerka - 04-09-2014

Damn son that schedule looks intense! I look forward to seeing the results of sticking with it!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-09-2014

matkaminski - Yeah man! That'd be cool. Maybe I'll perfect the right balanced schedule at that point...not sure if I got the formula right yet.

Just a side note, if anyone wants to use my schedule and try it along with me, feel free! This is partly experimentation, however, so use at your own risk.

JacobJanerka - It's gonna be tough for sure man. Gotta push!

Let's see how this schedule works out for this week. I think this should work better since my mind is fresher in the morning, so I can apply stuff to personal projects better. Last week I was braindead by the evening, I might have to incorporate exercise to get my energy up.

[Image: DBRhcdi.jpg]
[Image: t86vce8.jpg]
[Image: zXBjVEb.jpg]
[Image: 7vLukyK.jpg]
[Image: fPBuqPj.jpg]
refined this one some more from last week. Kept ruining it by pushing it too far so I just left it at this stage bleh. I don't know why painting manly facial hair is so fun
[Image: Eowi2Y6.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Eric - 04-10-2014

I just copied that schedule to my desktop. I'm going to try to follow it!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 04-10-2014

I should paint more manly face hair it seems :O

What's the F and Cs etc in the image where you studied the poses hip/shoulder angles?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - VegardS - 04-10-2014

Nice schedule, I gotta make one to!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-10-2014

Eric - Awesome! Let me know if you like it after trying it out. I'm still getting used to it

Lyraina - You can never paint too much facial hair! I just use quick notation to note how the pose is positioned: F=front, Q=quarter turn, C=contraposto, St=straight, O=offset. Usually helps me remember them better

VegardS- thanks man, hope you find one that works for you

[Image: 2nPLyLR.jpg]
[Image: QWObY2k.jpg]
[Image: 8WYKMPG.jpg]
[Image: cw5XS0n.jpg]
[Image: Ad3hiyr.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 04-11-2014

Oh, that makes sense.. good idea, didn't really think of taking notes for poses so far. Not sure I agree on the facial hair statement. Most of your lady portraits look just fine without any of it :P

Nice toilet paper D: (The pen seems to float a bit though)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-11-2014

Thanks Lyraina, I might have to add some mustaches to my ladies :) Got to work on those still lifes some more bleh

Cghub is down! Or should I say cghug...Ah well. Anyone know the situation or what's going on with them?

[Image: 9gFMBcQ.jpg]
[Image: EP69CCI.jpg]
[Image: LJ2F6DK.jpg]
[Image: 2jcg312.jpg]
[Image: 7M2iClX.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - JakeB - 04-12-2014

Never thought I'd be saying this, but that's some nice toilet paper right there. The light coming through at the edges looks amazing. Your sketches look awesome as always man, really like this latest one. The palette works really well :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-12-2014

Thanks Jake. Life tip: toilet rolls can be tissues too. For your health!

Actually had my human day today. Back in full force tomorrow.
[Image: y0AtX5G.jpg]
[Image: 9PMBZJt.jpg]
[Image: 9kKcWCr.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-13-2014

CGhub still down :( damnit.

[Image: KTgG9lR.jpg]
[Image: l86eokH.jpg]
[Image: d58ORz7.jpg]
[Image: VvxVxCK.jpg]
[Image: eVNd6hJ.jpg]
First digital plein air. For the curious, I used Shaddy's method for the shade box: http://digitalpleinairsociety.com/setup/
Just tackled the backyard this time to get a feel for it.
[Image: Y2YTrQU.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Protsenko - 04-14-2014

Whoooooah. Im sure that you really working hard. I will follow you. Keep it up man. You're really inspiring me.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-14-2014

Protsenko - thanks man!

Zorn study
[Image: MBfps27.jpg]
WIP
[Image: 3rxYScV.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - matkaminski - 04-15-2014

Your getting so much better and so much faster. Can I borrow you to train with? :P

So, apparently CGHub is officially down.

From their Facebook:

Quote:"Sad day. Project CGHUB is officially closed.

The reason behind this extremely tough decision is personal and will remain private. It’s absolutely not connected with business or any kind of technical difficulties.
On behalf of development team I would like to apologize to CGHUB users and fans for abrupt project closure and delay with its announcement."

Damn shame. I actually loved that site for awesome art!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Tygerson - 04-15-2014

Wow, those paintings have such harmonious color! And I like the lady with the lamp. Got a bit of mystery to it.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-15-2014

matkaminski - yeah man! Train along with me :) Thanks for the heads up on CGhub. Ah, it was good while it lasted :(

I guess CGsociety will be the bee's knees again? hmmm

Thanks Tygerson!

[Image: MSkOX7W.jpg]
[Image: yh2q004.jpg]
[Image: r20cxNR.jpg]
[Image: ngcEmF6.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - raz - 04-15-2014

Mighty fine stuff in here, all the studies! You need a massive piece now to use all the knowledge you gained from the studies ;]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - matkaminski - 04-15-2014

Could be interesting to round out the week with something that you've been working on all week.
Like maybe one of the small contests here?
That could make it all worth it for the week.
I doubt you have time for it, but do you Skype or anything?
If so, and you don't want to toss your name up to everyone, wanna PM it to me?
Anyway, keep blowing me away with this awesome. I'll have time to catch up in approx. two weeks (school's out May 1st).

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-16-2014

raz - thanks mannn. I've been failing a bit at following my schedule recently, but going to try to keep up the applications best I can :)

matkaminski - Yup, workin on the next crimson arena :) Out of curiosity, might I ask what you are going to school for?

My skype is "pnate0" for anyone who wants to add me. I'm rarely on it though :/ but maybe I'll get to talk to some of you fine folks on it when I log on every once in a blue moon.

[Image: X4d6ObJ.jpg]
[Image: vWkkerJ.jpg]
[Image: 2ECSTbI.jpg]
[Image: etxbGYH.jpg]
Probably done with this
[Image: F0ukhvZ.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 04-17-2014

Put aside my schedule to catch up on the Crimson Arena. Gonna burn the candle to try and meet the deadline. Still lots more design issues to resolve and materials to study...looking back on this the pose is fairly stiff, I might redo it.

[Image: 26cGzYP.jpg]
[Image: XiiOJ4u.jpg]
[Image: 7yp3sn9.jpg]
[Image: 5iEPxxf.jpg]
[Image: TvV08zk.jpg]
[Image: VwIlZIx.jpg]