Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Wardy - 05-28-2014

nice sb man!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 05-28-2014

Fedodika - Ha, thanks man. Lookin at it today grosses me out :) Next portrait will be betterrrr

Thanks Wardy!

[Image: QIay2rX.jpg]
[Image: WlAj6Eg.jpg]
[Image: vFc15e0.jpg]
[Image: 1vWBJD4.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 05-28-2014

it's awesome man, though i totally know where you're comin from lol it's like; damn i sucked yesterday!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 05-29-2014

Yeah mann, story of mah life

[Image: Rnn8xLZ.jpg]
[Image: trAfDXj.jpg]
[Image: QKcZlLh.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - matkaminski - 05-30-2014

Hot damn! You're killin me man!

Now that the compy is all set-up, ITS ON again ;)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 05-30-2014

matkaminski - Sweet man! Let's do thissss

[Image: YUA7hGO.jpg]
[Image: 34Sj27v.jpg]
[Image: ty82hOZ.jpg]
[Image: Ba0zcFc.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - ZombieChinchilla - 05-31-2014

So impressed with your gestures, man! Super fluid and loose and just really beautiful. Keep it up yooo

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 05-31-2014

Thanks Zombie!

another virtual plein air
[Image: RU0MA1M.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 06-02-2014

[Image: XlWENyI.jpg]
[Image: 3RbEbr1.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 06-04-2014

I want to squeeze and hug your clouds, they are so cute when you paint the round ones D:
The brush strokes in the shadow area of the last enviro are a bit distracting, as they don't follow the street's perspective, but the sunlit parts do. But the colors are lovely (I am repeating myself)!

The violet dressed lady up there is cool. When doing your character concepts, do you do just whatever/random design shapes, or do you start with a theme or idea in mind?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 06-04-2014

Thanks Lyraina for the cloud love and crit! Clouds are one of my favorite things :) As for the characters, sometimes I won't have anything in mind (those always end up being the worst), but others I'll have an idea of a character's role (magic, knight, thief, whatever) or a physical trait. For that one I just wanted to paint a woman with horns and robes, and I started with a very rough pose and some random brushstrokes in black &white.

Did some more work on the lady, but looks nearly the same haha I need some render practice.
[Image: LuDkq12.jpg]
[Image: UOZytIz.jpg]
[Image: Gq3tMWV.jpg]
[Image: tMyVRio.jpg]
[Image: q2lCJ0R.jpg]
[Image: Lh2F8gc.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Warburton - 06-04-2014

Fuck dude, I go away for 2 minutes and you go and bust out pages of awesome stuff. Gratz on the sticky too, it's well deserved! It feels like ages since I last dropped by and said hello but ive still been lurking in the shadows some what :p

Your stuff keeps getting tighter and tighter every time I drop by, which is no surprise based on all the work your busting out. Especially in your value, contrast and colour man, its all looking tasty. Great job as always dude, love seeing your journey.

Oh and I noticed your pushing for freelance now? Hows the job hunting going? I would have thought with your skills it wouldn't be all that difficult to find but I wish you all the best with it regardless. Take care mate.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 06-05-2014

Thanks man! I had a really bad art block this week, so I've just been slogging through it. Appreciate all the kind words :) Yeah I saw you updated your sketchbook, and haven't seen you around for a while, but lookin good as always. I sent out some emails to a few companies but no word back yet. I just assume it's either a style issue, timing, or skill level so I'm just working on improving as always since it's the only thing we really can do anything about :) Hopefully leveling up and resubmitting later on will get a better response!

[Image: sc551RW.jpg]
[Image: Fd5d7Tg.jpg]
[Image: WQoyn90.jpg]
[Image: dT2wO9E.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - crackedskull - 06-05-2014

Your sketchbook keeps popping up. Good work my fellow.
Ever thought about going wild with colors, like dabbing complimentary color of the same value on skin.
If youre intrested in these shenanigans go check out Marco Bucci on youtube, hes got some stuff.
Also do more master studies and still lives.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 06-05-2014

I agree with cracked it'd definately be good if you tried some more color studies and really tried to push your rendering more and more! that art slump ain't gonna last forever cmon baby les GO GOGOGOGO!!!!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 06-06-2014

cracked - Thanks man. Yeah, Bucci has some awesome stuff :) More studies to come, I just started a new piece that should be fun

Fedodika - Thanks for encouragement mannnn woohooo

took pics of my oiled chest for reference
[Image: sosMO9I.jpg]
[Image: XLqbHoE.jpg]
[Image: 8ORSnMO.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 06-06-2014

wow you are... quite sexy :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 06-08-2014

Fedodika - Bahaha if only I had a bod like that <3

some heads

[Image: IWvEdUH.jpg]
[Image: y0ZirlC.jpg]

WIPPP
[Image: GJBIYKa.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Cyprinus - 06-08-2014

Your wip already looks really promising, can't wait to see how you work on it and what colours you'll choose! There's just a little thing I'd like to point out though, even if it's in this early wip-stage, to pay a bit attention to the foot of the equestrian and the spear of the guy in foreground, so that you don't get a tangent there. I'm sure though that you probably already noticed that yourself and that you can ignore my nitpicking XD it's just that I myself always notice those things way too late...

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 06-10-2014

Thanks for the heads up Cyprinus! Yeah, that always happens to me too. I end up halfway through a painting and notice a major tangent right in the middle :)

[Image: fH438Xo.jpg]
[Image: yhIz07P.jpg]
[Image: SsNdGXU.jpg]