Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-09-2014

Fedodika - lol thanks man :) I just went random with it

So,

I've been brainstorming and considering creating a weekly challenge on the forum for a little while now. After talking with and getting suggestions from Rafa, Lyraina and Renato, I think we have an idea of how to do it. It would be similar to the challenges that ConceptArt runs, in that the voting would be done via poll, and the winner would pick the next weeks challenge topic and so on. The basic idea would be to create a rhythm for ourselves where we would be creating a new illustration every week; thus, productivity! (and portfolio material) Would any of you daggers be interested in participating in this, and does anyone who sees this have any suggestions/ideas that could make this something that is helpful to you?

[Image: p4JPwz0.jpg]
[Image: OZblbqI.jpg]
[Image: nu81uzf.jpg]
[Image: HcEsqNQ.jpg]
[Image: dDuvuOf.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 08-09-2014

Sounds pertty awesome, it would be great to have a weekly challenge going, that stuff always motivates and helps improve tons. As suggestions I don't know, there are two ways to go about it I guess: CHOW style , with a somehow specific description of the topic to give limitations for the people who participate or more of a couple of words and see what people come up with. I think both would be fun, as long as there's something challenging and fun going I'm in :)

Man, the more I check out your stuff, the more I'm curious about your process, I'm guessing you're using lasso + big soft for gradients right? Really looks like a time saver, except the fes times I've tried my results aren't nowhere as consistent as yours, and them girls dude, so jealous. Cool stuff indeed.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 08-09-2014

hellz yea! I'D BE HELLA DOWN; HMU when it's rockin babbbeee!!!!!

And that last girl is sexxyyyyyyy <3

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - BenFlores - 08-09-2014

Apparently this one was free? http://new.artinstitutes.edu/news-and-events/KimJungGi/194564 Not sure if you caught it but maybe they will have more of them.
I'm all for the illustration a week thing, I wanna see this forum get busy!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Craig Paton - 08-10-2014

Great work, man. You make it all look so effortless and easy. Edge control and colour are both brilliant.

I'd be very much up for a weekly, or bi-weekly challenge thing. Maybe speak to Forrest Imel about it, he seems like the kind of guy who'd be up for putting some work into getting something like that going.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-12-2014

Suira - The word is out! :) http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5320.html
And thanks man, yup I use lasso and soft brush a lot - probably more than I should lol. It does give an interesting look though that I dig, with the sharp-soft contrast.

Fedodika - Yessss, cool man. First topic will be this Sunday :)

BenFlores - Damn man, I hope so :( I saw him do his thing at the MB workshop, and it was amazing. Missed the chance to get his books and get them signed as well.

Craig - Thanks man, and thanks for all the organizing in getting this challenge up and running <3 Can't wait to get this thing started!

[Image: hgTTTnB.jpg]
[Image: lzrbQ9Z.jpg]
[Image: rsNIMnW.jpg]
[Image: AxaVVoy.jpg]

And just to make sure all you beautiful people are aware of it, the first announcement for the CHOW challenge is out: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5320.html

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - smrr - 08-12-2014

I visit your sketchbook and I feel like crying in a corner for all eternity :D

Sooooo looking forward to Crimson CHOW's!! Thanking all of y'all for establishing it!
Keep on keeping on, pnate!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 08-12-2014

Can't wait for the challenge, you guys are awesome and this is gonna be great! :)

And by they way: AWESOME thumbs man. Really good readability and great hue comps on the ones from mind. You guys gotta give us thumb noobs some room to catch up you damn you!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - JakeB - 08-13-2014

Awesome stuff as always man, and good effort organising this challenge. Gonna have to get my shit together and try and enter. Sounds fun :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Warburton - 08-14-2014

Sweet updates as ever man. Cool to see your streaming too, we operate on different time zones but if I get a chance ill be sure to drop by.

Great idea on the challenges too, I look forward to seeing a new blood sports type thing in motion again!

Love seeing your updates mate, dat hard and soft edge contrast with the lasso makes me drool. Especially on that chicks legs with the small hammer :p

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-14-2014

smrrfette - You flatter me! And Chow will be awesome :) Can't wait.

Suira - Thanks mister. Gotta work out those thumbs!

JakeB - Yes! Enter! I'll be lookin' for youuuuu

Warburton - Yeah if you can, would be cool to hang out on there man. Hopefully the challenge and everything goes well :) Seems like people are receptive to it. Hope you can take the time to take part in it too, would love to see your take on the upcoming topic.

[Image: EDKPYeH.jpg]
[Image: mumoWX4.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - rafa zanchetin - 08-14-2014

Well, fuck you nate, stop being so good. Those thumbnails are dropdead gorgeous, pro level +1. <3
Hm, the archer torso might be a bit long or is it just me?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - ZombieChinchilla - 08-15-2014

Dang dude, I will always envy your use of a soft brush. You make everything look super professional while still having stellar soft shading, when I try it everything gets blurry. Keep it up, man.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - LaleAnn - 08-15-2014

You have such a good flow, nice energy in your sketches, even on still poses. That's great! And those color thumbs are already looking gorgeous! Keep'em coming! :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 08-15-2014

Foooddaaddy whadoo; I am PROUUDD TO be yo FATHA!!! bitin my nails for CHOW; will be there with propeller cap and chips/hummus. I'll also bring some juice sometimes you guys have just too much soda that shit gives me a headache..

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 08-16-2014

Always fun to see the stuff from the stream appear here :>
The archer's face/head looks a bit small to me (despite the perspective that's going on), makes her body look a bit .. uh.. massive? (Even though she seems to be of normal build). Maybe it's just the hair concealing her eye though, there's something about it that looks off to me. Love the arrows sticking out there though. She really wants to make sure to do a throughout job there .. :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Jaik - 08-17-2014

Wow, so much work.

Keen for the CHOW to start :D Going to have to get nose to the grindstone and get work done :D

I'm liking the soft style you have achieved recently for skin. Super soft without looking too digital. Not sure how you do it. Maybe its the offset with the textural backgrounds. Anyway looking really nice. Those rainbow style environments at the top of the last page are really nice too. So much good work @.@

What time zone are you in? I would love to be able to catch a stream.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 08-17-2014

Pouf! Those thumbs are hot as fuck, I can't wait to see what you're cooking up for the CHOW, it's gonna be awesome!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Archreux - 08-18-2014

Hey, that WIP is looking wonderful. Thank you for getting all these new challenges and whatnot set up in the community, really great stuff all around here.

Studies are lookin' up as usual. Keep on twerking that art thang!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - ImSkeptical - 08-18-2014

Awesome stuff as always man. Huge props for helping setup the chow too, looks like this place is getting more and more lively.

So inspiring, keep working hard dude!