Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-19-2014

Just a heads up, streaming is now at 9am California time (PST/PDT). This week I'm doing a some errands for someone in the mornings, so I can only stream for an hour or so, but I should get back to longer streams next week :)

rafa - thanks mannn, and for the perspective on it. I don't think I improved it at all haha

Zombie - Thanks zombie!

LaleAnn - Thank you Lale :)

Fedodika - I better see your entry in the CHOWWWW :O

Lyraina - Much appreciated Lyra! I don't know what it is about her face, I think it's the hood, making the head shape look large but the face still looks too small. Might have to adjust the whole thing in places hmm

Jaik - Thanks Jaik, and hope to see you takin part in the CHOW too :) I stream now at 9am PST/PDT. See you there sometimes maybe woooo

Suira - Still no idea what I'm going to do for the CHOW, but will keep updating! Thanks mister.

Archreux - Credit to Forrest, Craig, Lyraina, Rafa, Ursula, Helmigh, Renato (and some others) too! But thanks man. It's awesome that we all wanted something like this

ImSkeptical - Hey dude! Yeah, hopefully things start popping up more, maybe some more challenges on the way as well. Renato had some ideas for other types of challenges, so maybe in the near future :)

Bahh I don't know if I made this piece any better. Lifetip: 3 pt perspective upshot of a character is hard :(
[Image: G9woA9E.jpg]
Random CHOW exploration
[Image: 1vUG0Vi.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 08-19-2014

Yesss!!! i know upshot is tough cuz your brain wants to make everything normal 3/4 persp; Gotta just break outta that and DOOO CRAZY PERSPE ALL THE TIME!!!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - LaleAnn - 08-20-2014

Sweeeeet... I find one of my few inspiration source in your sketchbook! Thank you! :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-21-2014

Fedodika - Yess man. More practice needed!

Lale - Nice of you to say so! I don't feel all that inspirational but thank youuu

face thingies
[Image: 4KpCTNE.jpg]
[Image: xsgwMRz.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 08-22-2014

Lovely ladies as always. One day I'll figure out how you can put those cool/greyish tones in there and still make it look vibrant and alive. Looking at the photo girl a bit longer, I feel like the eyes don't sit 100% in the face, but rather... on top of it? I think they lack a bit of shadow on the sides giving the eyeball its ball-shape..maybe. It might also be because of the very pronounced almond(?) shape. I'm really just searching for things to nitpick because I'm mean like that, but maybe every now and the I'll say something useful inbetween :P
Second girl's eyebrows are really cute.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Pictomancer - 08-22-2014

Really can't get enough of how nice the flow of your figures are.

Tried a few times to catch your streams but keep missing it due time difference and poor internet speeds over here. Ever considered uploading saved versions of them on YT?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-22-2014

Lyraina - Nitpick away! :) I enjoy getting crits, it helps me see things that my stubborn brain doesn't want me to notice. Many thanks Lyraa

Pictomancer - Unfortunately, I just deleted all of the previous ones off my hard drive :( So you can only see those on livestream on demand. If I ever do upload to youtube, I'd probably do something more formal, like a tutorial or sped up paint video. I use livestream more as a warm up/sketching/hang out thing, rather than a really structured thingy. Hope to see you there one day!

[Image: 9vIaAO4.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 08-23-2014

Man, those girls are sexy! The one from imagination has a tiny flaw though, the neck should extend a bit beyond the corner of the mandible to make structural sense ( I think) otherwise the tilt isn't matching the body. I really like how you used soft edges to convey this feeling of fragility of softness, but I feel the hair needs a bit mor foreplay xD

This last update is also looking cool, although I think that the mouse needs a pirate red bandana to match the scene haha just kidding.

Now.....SHOW US YOUR CHOW DEVELOPMENT! :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - crackedskull - 08-23-2014

Daaaaamnnn, those are some fine CHOW designs, I really like the 2nd one. Also cool to see you play around with colors.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 08-23-2014

u should talk more on ur strem pnate jusss sayin bruh

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 08-27-2014

Suira - Thanks for the crit man! CHOW updates comin along :)

Cracked - Thanks, sir cracked

Fedodika - lol I figure no one wants to hear me ramble awkwardly. Best to blast some music woot

BTW, Don't mind the poll, it was a test for the Crimson CHOW finals thread. Anyone know how to delete a poll? Or I could find out everyone's favorite number between 1-10 :/

Spitpaint- gothic vampire hunter
[Image: vAEbndz.jpg]
[Image: 4arRnm9.jpg]
[Image: DSFsG3G.jpg]
[Image: BbDBIbI.jpg]
[Image: AB10eIH.jpg]
[Image: BKur3fo.jpg]
chowy chow chow
[Image: 3hJBvT7.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - rafa zanchetin - 08-27-2014

Why are you not showing the volcano piece? Are you holding on to yourself until you're done and you'll erupt into the world?

But kicking ass man, lot's of studies, I must work harder!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 08-28-2014

PNAAATEEE!!! i Wanna Hear you RAMBLEE!!! Very AWKQUARDLEEEE!!!! PLEASSEEE!!! tell us yer thinkin on yer drawins :) PLZ PZ PLZ!~!!! <3 <3 <3

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 08-28-2014

Duh, Rafa beat me to it. Wanted to ask for the volcano piece and compliment you on your great visual library of... uhm.. mushrooms :)
The goth chick is super cool. Would love to see something like that rendered out some day.
Chow is coming along nicely. Good way to keep daggers. Although I'd strap another one to my leg if I were her, just to be sure...

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - JacobJanerka - 08-28-2014

Ohh, it's been a while since I've seen your stuff, great improvement! I love seeing people grow :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 08-28-2014

Damn! Awesome update man, those studies are tight!!! The goth hunter looks really promising, looking to see how you develop it!

And the CHOW piece is gonna be really cool. YOu have really strong design skills man, for real.

That's it no crits this time, just another gawking post :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Archreux - 08-29-2014

I'm glad I stopped by your sketchbook because it always reminds me of how much more studies can be done.

The chow piece is looking lovely. It'll be nice to see that sweet puppy in a larger format. :]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 09-01-2014

rafa zanchetin - I didn't think the world was ready for it, but I can't keep it in any longer so I must release it. Dude, if you worked any harder the universe would collapse. You are on fire these days!

Fedodika - Maybeeeee, if enough people ask me during the stream I might. But remember, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Lyraina - I stole your suggestion for that leg knife haha thanks Lyra :)

JacobJanerka - Thanks, same to you man! Love that animated star wars piece you did recently. So awesome.

Suira - Thanks Suira! Wish I had looked through your sketchbook earlier, tons of sweet stuff going on.

Archreux - Thank you sir. Take part in the next one if you can! Missed you on this one.

Stuff and CHOW. Thanks to everyone who took part in the CHOW, i got white stuff all over my keyboard when I saw the finished entries <3

[Image: T8oxUUc.jpg]
[Image: 7YJVqu0.jpg]
[Image: 7zCSp7n.jpg]
[Image: 3XInmxB.jpg]
[Image: QbyYH39.jpg]
[Image: igogRpG.jpg]
[Image: k93l2rN.jpg]

And by popular demand, latest work for Wizards of the Coast:
[Image: s0PzW0A.jpg]

Sorry, lots of reference to jizz in this post. Also, won't be streaming Monday September 1st. It's Labor Day in USA so I'm going to exit my dark cave and convert some sunlight into Vitamin D and do some human things.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - rafa zanchetin - 09-01-2014

What is that first one? I loved the colors, please tell you're going to go ahead on that one.
Oh Yis, the mushroom land looks beautifull, I think I missed the part where you added rain to it, made it even better.

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - smrr - 09-01-2014

Wizards of the Coast lates... *gasp* penises! O:

Hahaha, but for reals, I can't get over your CHOW entry Nate! Keep killing it as usual and I can't wait for the next round ^ ^

P.s. not enough reference to jizz.