Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook (/thread-2323.html)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 09-02-2014

Danger GIRLS!!! LOL look at ALL THOSE WILLYS!!! WHOA!!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Archreux - 09-02-2014

Lmao! Wow, man. Those dicks do sure blast you off into all the great work above. The chow entry is looking sick and clean, I love it. I'll try to make it to the next one. :]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Jaik - 09-02-2014

Dude, your CHOW was amazing. The design on it is really cool. Can't wait for the next one.
Nice cock too btw.

Yep.. I said it...

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 09-04-2014

Hahaha I laughed so hard with the bukkake piece! xDD Your characters are leveling up big deal, I don't know if you're still using lasso but it doesn't show so obviously now, which is a great thing, values, color, brushwork, really ramping up to outrageous quality, great evolution man.

I agree with Rafa, the guy with the shield and axe has tons of potential, would love to see a more detailed piece. Keep up the great work dude, you're really leveling up. And thanks again for setting up the CHOW, it's been a ton of fun!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - RenatoCaria - 09-04-2014

I really like your CHOW character dude *-* I think its really cool the balance of the level of render in the piece, some zones more rendered, as the face and then certain parts of the dress almost super simple and with a few strokes.. you definitely gotta teach me that Nathan-Sama!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - BenFlores - 09-04-2014

<3 oh man, great update

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - LaleAnn - 09-05-2014

Jeez man.. Looking great! Very inspiring! That lady painting with her knives under her dress is gorgeous!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - atrenr - 09-05-2014

Hey, nate! Great work in here. I was gonna give a nitpick on your chow but looking through just the past few pages I noticed its present in a lot of your work. It is that saturated rusty red you seem to be quite fond of. In your chow it is really strong in the background and I think it a little to distracting from the character. But it is pretty prevalent your stuff as a whole. I think you just have a little to much of it in most pieces and it ends up working against you. If you reduced it a bit I think it would be like the "Moment of Red" deal old masters had used. Regardless, keep up the good work!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 09-05-2014

Just a quick announcement for any lurkers (I'll put it up in the shoutbox as well), but the next CHOW is coming this Sunday. I kind of screwed up on getting in the next topic on time, but from now on we will have a true biweekly with a new topic every two weeks.
Woohoooo Crimson CHOW 2 on the way!

Get your gameface on
[Image: awm3cOk.gif]

rafa zanchetin - Nah probably won't :/ Just some sketchin crap. Mushrooms need moisture to grow, gotta be accurate here.

smrrfette- Thanks smrrfette! I'd make more jizz jokes, but this is a family friendly thread

Fedodika - Those are mushrooms as Rafa has mentioned :(

Archreux - Thanks man! You better take part or I'll come find you

Jaik - Yup you went there :) Also, thank you sir.

Suira - Ah glad it isn't as apparent. I gotta try and get away from that smooth lasso stuff, or at least use it less haha. Thanks dude!

Renato - Thank you my friend! I am not a sama, but if I were I would tell you to take part in the next one heh :)

BenFlores - Thank you sir Ben

LaleAnn - Thanks Lale!

atrenr - Dude, really appreciate the crit. I actually never really thought about my overuse of red that much. I do love the color red, so that might be it :) I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks!

Put my updates on one image like a lazy person
[Image: lDdET7X.jpg]
commission
[Image: nF16iXX.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Fedodika - 09-05-2014

WOHOOOOO CHOWWWW!!!!!!!! 2!!!!!! THAT GIF IS PURRRRFECT!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! I WILL BE DOIN IT THIS TIME PINKY PROMISE!!!!

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - buxu - 09-07-2014

haha nice dude, gotta stalk here too, looking forward for the chow thing

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - rafa zanchetin - 09-07-2014

I see now why you were doing those armor pieces, was it made on that same day? It came out awesome, can you share info on the project?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 09-07-2014

hahaha drooled at the gameface gif xD

Studies are looking great, as usual. Now I know how you do them so I appreciate even more the result. I remember the "poop talk" helmet study and how well you managed to go from simple to complex in a very methodical way, I'm gonna try and steal that super disciplined way of working cause it pays off.

The comission looks really awesome man only crit would be that I'd want to see some battery or something feeding the rod's electrical power to make it more steampinkish.

Can't wait for the new CHOW , it's gonna be greaaat!!Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Jaik - 09-08-2014

Of all the things to take from your studies, and you did not use a metal moustache in the final piece... Are you sure you are studying correctly?

Looks great man. You would get super light spill from reflections if he was actually in a white room, but the lack of cast shadow on the ground makes me think it is just what the concept was placed on. But just keep it in mind if its not xP Super nit pick, but if it was on a dark grey background the lightening stick would stand out more, but that might just be my personal taste.

Keep up the killer work man and the new Chow looks like it will be a lot of fun :D

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - pnate - 09-10-2014

Fedodika - Woo you better! Pinky promises are serious business.

buxu - Hey buxu! Glad to see you on here :) Taking part in CHOW?

rafa zanchetin - Thanks man, I think it was pretty much the same day. It's for a tabletop RPG some cool guys are putting together, and they commissioned some more characters so there should be more soon.

Suira - Thanks Suira! I think general to specific is usually a safe bet. It helps me not focus too much on details too early, which almost always trips me up and I tend to end up doing it if I'm not thinking (painting is hardddd). Talking about poop while you paint also helps :)

Jaik - Metal facial hair studies will come in handy some day, I just know it. Thanks for the crits! Client actually wanted a blank background, I think they are going to use it like a spot illustration without a background. I used a light grey BG while painting it so I wouldn't go blind lol but yeah, the lighting would be a little different in a white room. Also, tricky as shit to get that blue electricity to stick out against stark white :/

Some randoms
[Image: JYA8QjN.gif]
[Image: vrdXBBf.gif]
[Image: FNM538c.jpg]

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Suira - 09-11-2014

Those GIFS look awesome! The knight on the right is getting his ass served on a platter though xD

As always diggin all the studies and sketches. The armor study in particular is looking awesome. Aw man, now that I'm back into night schedule I'm gonna miss your streams, maybe I'll manage to go once a week or something, gotta get that poop talk xD

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Lyraina - 09-12-2014

Agree with Suira, the gifs are awesome :) Could watch the jumping lady all day.
Do you know this site? It has some really nice (moving) references as well. www.referencereference.com/

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Archreux - 09-12-2014

Cool exercises. Animation is really good for working on re-drawing the same pose or different poses over and over again. Also liking the variety here again.

Lovely as always, man. :]

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where have you been procuring your freelance work from?

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Jaik - 09-12-2014

Ahaha, that was the other thing I was worried about. You killing your eyes xP Yeah.. That would be difficult getting to to stand out on a white background. Its not anywhere near the style, but heres a ref pic on anime with a guy with 'black fire' super specific but if you ever need to paint blue lightening on a white background again maybe going darker will actually work better :S
(I'm sure there is some lightening physicist wanting to stab me in the back for that..)
(..If I could be any kind of physicist, a lightening physicist would be the most awesome.. )

As everyone else said the gif's look good, really nice way to study motion

RE: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook - Craig Paton - 09-16-2014

Seems like number 10 is kicking ass in the numbers poll!

Look forward to see what wonders you create for the Chow this week. I'm hoping for more giant exploding cocks.