Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook (/thread-2548.html)

Pages: 1 2

Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-14-2013

Hello Daggers,
So I began my journey this year in the freelance world. Dropped from college cause I was just screwing around in boring general education classes meant to suck my money away all in the name of a piece of paper that no one cares about.

So I have been pushing myself even harder as immediate debt is looming over and college debt comes quickly around the corner.

Here is where I am at now. Any advice or critiques would be welcome in prioritizing my studies.
Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Josh

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-14-2013

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Heavenwill - 03-14-2013

Hey you have some very cool stuff going in there, keep up the good work :p

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - zeezee1210 - 03-14-2013

Liking your stuff man, would love to see some more of those early environments they're ace.

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-16-2013

here's some progress pictures for my illustrations that I wanted to share with you guys.

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-16-2013

more process work!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-17-2013

bloodsporting! my concept is a Viking is transported to the future on mars, the location of the wizards factory for his intergalactic mutant army. He meets a defective mutant and together team up to blow the facility from the inside! I just thought Vikings on mars sounded bad ass :p

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-17-2013

mars landscape study plus new technique

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - YOLOLEX - 03-17-2013

Dayum this sb is ace! great compositions love the dragon and teh wizard so nice :)

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Nylelevi - 03-17-2013

This is one badass sketchbook!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - SpectreX - 03-17-2013

Definitly badass!
I like the mech with the number 18 beneath it. Really catches the eye ^^

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Heavenwill - 03-18-2013

Last update rocks !

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-19-2013

studies of materials and objects for the viking.

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-20-2013

starting to create the mutant kidekick!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Jaik - 03-20-2013

wow these are great, loving the look of the mutant sidekick, love the style you have too, its very loose but very tight when it needs to be. Absolutely stunning stuff!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-23-2013

thanks Jaik and thanks to everyone for the support and suggestions!

Here's my bloodsport final that I sent in today, was scared I wouldn't finish in time today. Client work has jumped a lot this week so sacrificing what needs to be sacrificed to make it all work out!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 03-25-2013

playing around and relaxing from client work.

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 06-03-2013

I have started doing more studies with the lull in work. Gotta get better. this month is vehicles and hard surface materials!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-04-2013

Great sketchbook man! Dig the looseness and stylistic approach that you have and you certainly have the ability to take it further in detail! Love those LMS illustration you had going on. Would be awesome to see more of them finished. Great vehicle concepts in the last post!

One thing that I think you could work on is color. It looks kind of desaturated and mostly like it's an overlay on a black and white painting. I could recommend doing a still life, or atleast something from life :D Always a good idea!

RE: Joshua Meehan's Sketchbook - Joshua Meehan - 06-05-2013

Bjulvar: Thank you very much. I agree I do need to get the color together and still life would be a great way to do that!

Another Illustration job went live last month and it made me very happy to to see the positive vibes that came with it! I wanted to put the process on here and it was an interesting job and my first cover illustration for a short story!

it was for the writers of the future anthology. 11 winners and myself were winners of the Illustrators of the Future Contest. We each received a winning short story from the Writers of the Future Contest. Mine was by Stephen Sottong called Planetary Scouts and I was SUPER happy to get it! Aliens and Space Marines and Spaceships! What could go wrong?!