Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+---- Thread: Hello! (/thread-3137.html)

Hello! - Rognoll - 05-23-2013

Helo people, I'm Nick and I'm a visual arts student. I found out about this forum some days ago and I can tell there are some amazing artists here!
I've decided to take the illustration carreer seriously before I finish college, so here I am, hoping to improve as much as I can and help others improve, if possible.

I see there are some mentoring stuff here, (which looks pretty interesting) as well as some other tools for improvement, but I'm not quite sure how they work. I've read a couple of threds in each, but I'm not sure if I've got it right.
If I want to get my work critizised, advices, or if I just want any tool for improvement, where do I start?

cheers! :)

RE: Hello! - Toxicpanda - 05-23-2013

Hello Nick,
First of all, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here,because you will be surrounded with amazing people,great artists and really helpful community.
If you want to start - create your sketchbook,and post anything you have and you are working on, people will be commenting,giving you feedback and suggestions about your work. If you have any specific painting or drawing that you want to be reviewed- you have to create thread under "SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS"
Also, to join some classes read up first post, but Its usually like this- start posting stuff from beginning and keep up with it. You will find a lot of helpful classes and livestreams.
About livestreams- you can see currently online people on http://livestreamstatuslist.appspot.com/ and list of all avalible livestreams. Also! there is a new feature on that page where you can find list of reference pages :)
Uhm^^ and if you want to hang out with the rest of daggers and get to know them better- you have google hangout on that same page and feel free to join,introduce yourself and paint with rest of us.
Have fun ! :D and welcome to Crimson Daggers ^^

RE: Hello! - Rognoll - 05-23-2013

Thanks a lot :D I'll try to get started as you told me.