Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Princess Mononoke WIP - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: TOURNAMENTS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-71.html)
+--- Forum: THE CRIMSON CRUCIBLE (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-72.html)
+---- Forum: BLOODSPORTS FINALS/WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+----- Forum: BLOODSPORTS WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+------ Forum: OLD WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-76.html)
+------ Thread: Princess Mononoke WIP (/thread-319.html)

Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 01-30-2012

Here is the background I am thinking of using. I'm trying to figure out if there is enough room for the characters in the foreground with out blocking the background. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 01-31-2012

wolf study

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Benjah - 01-31-2012

:O nice concept but i think there is a big canvas in my opinion will look awesome if you crop the canvas a little

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 02-01-2012

(01-31-2012, 08:27 PM)Benjah Wrote: :O nice concept but i think there is a big canvas in my opinion will look awesome if you crop the canvas a little

I was thinking about adding the main characters and the title at the bottom where there is empty space, but I think it might not all fit. I'm gonna do another composition study and more animal studies as well as background studies.

Here is the final comp I will be going with. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Zesiul - 02-01-2012

You're creating a visual line right down the middle of your piece. Now that isn't necessarily going to always be a bad thing, but it's tough to do right.

(02-01-2012, 04:14 PM)Zesiul Wrote: You're creating a visual line right down the middle of your piece. Now that isn't necessarily going to always be a bad thing, but it's tough to do right.

The top two characters were going to be looking towards the middle and I was thinking of drawing two more characters in the water swimming towards the island and they would be coming from the bottom left and bottom right. If I was going to make the middle the main focus, maybe I should put the title in the middle like it's hovering right on the island. It would be smaller to fit on the island. Yes or No?

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 02-02-2012

I changed the scene a little bit.
different concept

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 02-09-2012

Here is what I have so far. Gonna finish up tomorrow. Also did another study.

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 02-10-2012

did more work on it.

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 02-10-2012

Latest update. Hopefully I'll finish before the deadline.

RE: Princess Mononoke WIP - Cyberwasted - 02-11-2012

Here are my final versions. Don't know which I like better.