Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Fedodika the Koala - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Fedodika the Koala (/thread-3465.html)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-14-2014

kowalas

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-15-2014

alright, tried rendering this probably won't find the willpower to do much else today haha

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-16-2014

whos tha coolest koalas in town???

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-17-2014

guys i promise i'm trying to suck less it's just hard Thinking

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-18-2014

hey nineteen

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-19-2014

alright guys, i've been kinda looking around and i wanna make a portfolio to send to Paizo. I see a lot of their character art and i feel like i could make something close to being on par with them (or could have even a while ago.) I'm getting so tired of just practicing into oblivion everyday. I just want some direction for once and i feel like working for someone would really help my work be more focused.

All that being said, I feel i have a chance at doing maybe the character art. Hell I'd at least love to get shut down by someone and say like you have no chance! But at least give some reason as to why. So I'm going to draw the sorceress, two others i havent quite chosen yet, and send two of my other pieces, the elephant and my last CHOW. Just simple no background.

I really just want to draw something for someone else. I've never done it in my whole life, at this point i'm almost willing to work for free. I don't know if i'm overshooting or undershooting myself; this has been the longest year and a half of my life and i want something to happen, even if it's drawing some furries or some dumb kids tattoo.

Also, i very much understand that the edges in my studies are whack, but i do keep them very sophisticated in like my CHOW pieces. So any advice that is not related to edges would be much appreciated.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - AliceChopper - 11-19-2014

I totally feel you Fedorika. Going forward with the question "will I ever be able to break through" is really a hard pill to swallow. And doing this everyday can drain so much. I say go for it man, that elephant piece was really nice, just don't rush those other pieces you are going to make because of frustriation, take your time to make all the corrections and adjustments you are able to see and ask a friend you thrust with his/her oppinion to be your art director for this (esp. if you have some friend who worked for paizo or a similar company that would be the best.) and even then if all those end bitter, you can still try again later . And here is a link that can be useful , it has a freelance jobs sections with a listing of some sites you can get freelance art jobs
http://friendlyhand.deviantart.com/journal/Art-sites-for-study-freelancing-or-inspiration-307142283
(well lots of them are not your dream jobs obviously but worth a look I suppose)
Hope everything goes well , see ya :)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - StardustLarva - 11-20-2014

Well, if you're determined (and it seems that you are), I'd say go for it. After all, what you have you got to lose if you try? Do us proud, little koala!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-20-2014

stardust: thx <3

Alice: thanks man, you know i typed this really long response earlier and i just deleted it because looking at it now, you can tell i'm going crazy hehe. In short, i want work yea, but i'm not quite ready, i've posted things here and there but no responses. just gonna take some more improvement and i'm okay with that. I will definately try paizo though, nothin to lose all to gain as far as experience!

So i really like what i painted today (cept the cloaks kinda shitty); gonna try to do about 8 of these gestures, a few from reference. I'm also gonna render this sketch for the CHOW I know it's not the best design but i know i'll have fun doing it and i don't care about winning or votes or anything

RE: Fedodika the Koala - AliceChopper - 11-21-2014

Hi there Fedodika, nice update.
Just wanted to say, put all you got into this to make it count. Well to be more clear don't give up on a piece just because you are bored with it or just don't feel like it, it really takes time to make a beautiful image even for veteran proffesionals and we are not there yet, so it is only natural for us to labor more on a piece. You know Peter Mohrbacher says a painting usualy takes 20 hours to finish and Nox says it is 30 hours .
And by the way those gesture studies will prove very usefull so keep them coming :)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-21-2014

thank you again for your support alicechopper. I am gonna try to get used to spending more than 8 hrs on an image; there's nothing in my DA gallery that i've spent more than that on. I think on this piece i'll try to find a way to put in 15 or so hours, and for the paizo stuff i'll definately shoot for at least 20-30; yes the gestures are really challenging and interesting, i try to do mostly from imagination. I'll probably start on those around new years; many studies gotta be done between now and then hehe

The traditional (ballpoint pen and watercolor) things are for my friends birthday, and i started rendering the chow; i hope a new page starts soon hehe...

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-22-2014

more sketches and booby armor, also slowly becoming a rafa clone

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-23-2014

alright, headin out today not much tiiiiiiimeeee hehehe. Need to get more ninteenth century polish watercolor landscape studies in my lil koala belly hehe. Here's some deoooodle poopydoopydoooo

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-24-2014

fresh mangoes/dates

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Adam Lina - 11-24-2014

That hand study looks really nice. The proportions on your CHOW wip are kinda off tho. Her ribcage is the same size as her head and the hands are too big.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-25-2014

thanks hyp, tried to fix it the best i could!

Feel like i'm finally coming outta this slump i've been in; slowly but surely. V for Vendetta is A FUCKIN AWESOME MOVIE btw, Loved the hell out of it definitely recommend!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-26-2014

almost done with this, just a few more things might take a break from posting for a while

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Jonesoda - 12-28-2014

FEDODIKA! Nice to see your studies, I'm seeing a common issue in your stuff though - and it comes down to a base fundamental, construction and planes. Loomis and or bridgeman (I'd recommend bridgeman more because it combines planes into major blocky construction), tighten that structure up on your stuff and it's gonna be a real nice level up!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - lillysparks - 12-28-2014

Nice studies, for the hand I really like the way you handled the value on it. Also the chow is looking good, one thing is the waist may be a little small on the woman.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-01-2015

Jones: DAS ME!!!! DAS FREAKING MEEEE!!!??!?!?!?! YEAEAAAAA Yea man did a lot of bridgeman this month actually funny you mention it

Lilly: Thanks! that picture looks like ass now lol

Sooo i thought i'd pop my head in here and post what i did this month; i made a crazy goal of drawing 1000 hands,heads,figures, and design studies each and by the 23rd, I DID IT! all right there in the second pic 4000 drawings of pure struggle and a few victories here and there :). Dam dis lil koala's strugglin..

Alsoooo you can find steps and tips to the first image on my DA here
http://ksfedodika.deviantart.com/art/Portrait-skin-tutorial-Jill-503928081?ga_submit_new=10%253A1420061574

I'm trying a more structured approach which at first i dreaded and was rebellious for but it just saves me time...

Anyways in january i'll be focusing hardcore on painting and not posting because i find i get distracted. I feel like i gotta do something worth looking at everyday if i'm constantly posting and with me that's never the case hehe; THEN! i will maybe maybe begin working on a portfolio for paizo maybe if i feel ready

Dam i miss smrrrrfeeteeee XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
oh well cheers DAGGERS LETS GET SOME FUCKIN JOBS 2015!!!!!