Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Fedodika the Koala - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Fedodika the Koala (/thread-3465.html)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Triggerpigking - 11-17-2016

Nice work with all these studies dude, your proportions are improving a lot.

Also I like that mad max looking guy you drew, hope you turn that into a full piece :).

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-17-2016

TRIGGERED: hehehe thx I got a lot more to do... Just experimenting a lot, but trying to keep it within the realms of reality! I might render that one but idk it's not really me, it's more of a memory exercise than something I feel isn't generic or highly derivative. What I'd like to draw is very avante-garde, and edgy, but I'm not totally sure what that would look like right yet..

RE: Fedodika the Koala - DK - 11-17-2016

This last one came out pretty nice.

If I were to change anything I'd probably increase the size of the shoulder pads a little and curve the back hair around her neck, hanging a bit off her shoulder so it's not so straight. A few anatomy/form issues with her right forearm and the hand in particular could use a slight re-work. Maybe have the forearm and hand a a bit more in perspective as well? Overall I do like the concept.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-18-2016

Dennis: Hey thanks man, that's quite a compliment; I tried to do the things you suggested, but tried not to spend more than 2 hours on rendering it because i really can get carried away. 

I like how it turned out though, but it's all the drawings fault for making it simple to render tbh. 

Did a lot of studies today, but really tired so i'll scan them in tomorrow

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-19-2016

Some more stuff and Sniffy Bubble Pop 2.0

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-20-2016

startin to branch out and draw other things like some bird heads today, these are all from memory/imagination. The bird heads, not the poses

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Artloader - 11-20-2016

I'm loving the bird guy Fedo! You must know your birds very well to pull those out of your imagination!

Keep up the hard work bud!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-21-2016

Artloader: Thx bro, I did those from memory actually. I studied what bird heads looked like by literally just writing notes with some scribbles of what i was observing and was able to memorize it quite well. Kinda visual library practice.

So today was ruff, lol. I did a painting for my buddies birthday of the adult film actress Proxi Paige (Yea i know the eyes are fucked.) It ended up looking like Jenna Marbles in my opinion. That's definitely a weakness of mine is likeness, especially with pencil, no mercy traditional. GOTTA WORK ON IT!

Also, uuuh looked into the Mursi tribe from Ethiopia, you know the people who put those big disks in their lower lip and run around naked with kids who have AK-47s? Yea, insanely interesting stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYGsw_MUIo0

That's the least graphic one, the others have lip penetration, grinding teeth with an axe, and other shit. Really fascinating. So yea, John Oliver, the current year argument don't work on these people. It must be kinda nice to be totally clueless of the developed world; these people seem happy despite having so little.

Gonna apply those studies tomorrow, got really frustrated today, soo.. here's to tomorrow, stay fuzzy

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-22-2016

Got basically nothing done today, but you know, got big BIG plans for tomorrow ;)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-23-2016

Got a truckload of stuff to post tomorrow... I know i said that yesterday lol

RE: Fedodika the Koala - nymph0 - 11-23-2016

Awesome fedo!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-24-2016

Nymph0: <3 <3 <3

Soooo felt kinda shit today, gonna be doing a lot of non art stuff tomorrow, so I'll atleast try to upload a cute girls butt or sth, because i don't wanna miss a beat; 

Been studyin alexander mcqueen since Jones posted a link to him on FB.

Somebody said fashion designers are more creative than concept artists and from what I'm seeing, they might be right about that!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-25-2016

Had a pretty good day today, away from art. Here' s quick sketch of an Ethiopian Girl

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-26-2016

I did a couple more of those wire things today, but i didn't save them because i don't see them as worth posting

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-27-2016

So, recently I did a painting for my buddy for his bday and he noticed that it was unsymmetrical. I notice that a lot now about my stuff, it's very skewed and bent out of shape, even though most the foundation for a good image are there, rendering, line weight, design etc. But no, something gets a little skewed or lumpy in the planning, you know something that could be fixed in less than a minute and it ruins the whole picture. 

All that rendering for nothin lol. So for the next couple days, I'm gonna try and use my digital method in traditional, where i do a light sketch in a very light pencil, then add thicker lines. I feel I get a better result, but it's still skewed and fucked lol. 

The only way i could describe the feeling of humiliation i feel when i look at some things i do it's like, spending all day cooking and really doing a good job cooking 95% of the way. Like a wedding cake; You make the base, you add the frosting, you do a very delicate job stacking the little statues, do everything with a good skilled touch, making a very honest effort to succeed. You've been at this for years, trying to perfect your craft, and someone wants you to make a cake for free for their wedding and you do it because it could get you some exposure.

But at the beginning, you unconsciously added too much sugar, or salt. People had mentioned to you for years that you very often make this mistake, but you ignored them for whatever reason. Then at the wedding, everyone tries it, most people don't finish their slice, the bride and groom thank you for the very hard work, but no one compliments you even though they know you baked it. They don't say anything bad about it to you, I mean the overall appearance of the cake was marvelous; must have taken a lot of hard work and skill.

But later at night, everyone talks privately about how the cake tasted kinda weird, but it wasn't the worst. That's how it feels to be me right now. 

I remember Will Terrell talked about this kinda thing in his "Why artists fail to get good feedback." He said that being a beginner is an easy place to improve at, but the hardest is when you're "good" but not "great." People just look at your stuff and say, it's good, but meh... SO FUCK hurr I'm wound up lol good night.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-28-2016

Sooo here's a drawing of a psycho chick and some HORRIBLEY skewed Boug studies. But they are getting less skewed, and at least the lines are confident. Wrong, but confident. 

Gonna do some more of these tomorrow, and a random texture study, but I'm only spending like 30 mins on these painted things

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-29-2016

Doing these has been quite educational; I've noticed how reckless I am putting down lines, and how kinda of aimless my initial lines are, mainly looking for scale to add in the other lines. I always seem to draw the eyes a little crooked, maybe too far up, down left or right. I am fixing this using a line that guides to the other and changing the angle of the paper to make sure they are symmetrical. It's very difficult to round out the lower lid and make lips feel 3d. 

I think after about a week of these, I'll work most of those kinks out. Then on to the next thing. Enjoy these crooked misproportioned Boug studies.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 11-30-2016

did a bit of hangin today, all i got done lol

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-01-2016

The midsection of the human body is a great mystery to me; not because I don't get the anatomy but because it can vary so much from person to person. So tomorrow, I'm gonna pull up a ton of references and just learn how to draw some nice stomachs, obliques, ribcages etc. Also try to get a better understanding of how the legs connect to the hips/waist. 

I feel so inadequate even looking at stomachs of real people. Like they should be longer or something, like reality is wrong haha. I don't know it just seems weird how like close the hip bone comes to the bottom rib, that i imagine someone bending to the side and the two bones touching. And when people gain weight, i really can't tell what's going on under all that. I like when people have really long ribcages, and are really lean in the midsection and longer obliques. 

TBH i find the body more interesting than any design, or clothing style or whatever. Jace Wallace really gets it, stuff like this

http://66.media.tumblr.com/04c209f33225e86ebd361b5087c9f173/tumblr_nsg5pqUVZK1uwrsgyo1_1280.jpg
https://65.media.tumblr.com/89242e4f93884832a97d19a56d75f1d2/tumblr_n2colcI0vu1qb9788o1_540.jpg

But for some reason i wince at stuff like this
http://67.media.tumblr.com/d60c3d44e86afe67dc2c4bfbfd07b831/tumblr_n5ghaxsAFk1rd64tso1_1280.jpg
https://67.media.tumblr.com/529039c2b28e92f4a46d3ab1aa427da7/tumblr_n0lul9sAdu1qziax7o10_1280.jpg

Not because it's technically too short, but I just think it looks weird, even in real life. Pointless rant over lol

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-02-2016

So this isn't something I've tried before but I want to make more of a habit of it. for a while I've been just drawing random shapes in space with pen and it's helped everything very much, probably 80% of my improvement (in the past three months) was centered around that and just focusing on things for what they literally are and not what i think of some... blah blah, right?

I found just one picture of a cityscape and drew some redlines for what a think the perspective was and i remembered a lot, and i just tried to replicate it and i see some holes i could patch up tomorrow, and i have this idea for a piece that's kinda like mucha, but we'll see....

night