Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Fedodika the Koala - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Fedodika the Koala (/thread-3465.html)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-24-2018

alright, fixed the hand had to ref it, and am liking the direction still. Not sure if im gonna add color, need to fix the slushy pants and detail the backpack

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Peter - 12-25-2018

Finally got some time to stop by others sketchbooks! :)

Beeen awhile since I stopped by but you've improved so much! especially on your imaginative work. The woman on the previous page, did you use ref at all or was that completely from imagination? You did an excelent job on her face, really digging it :)

Not sure what to crit you on tbh since you seem to know what you need to do and are actively working on them. I think one thing which would help you is to work on your shading. Some of you figure drawings appear quite flat and not really 3 dimensional. Just try and shade with the 3d forms in mind.

Keep it up! :)

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-25-2018

Peter: thanks for dropping by bro, ya, i used every trick i knew for the chick with the gun, 3d, reference, photos, cheap rim light, but i had the design and pose in my head for a long time, it was just a matter of putting it down, then smushing it all together with my fundamental skills down to very primitive hatching and thick lineart. And ya, i see what you mean, some of the techniques im trying with figures will definitely give them a flat look, so ill consider that. maybe be half the figures with simple boxes with a clear side of shading on it to help me visualize that kinda stuff more

Fun day of quicksketch for xmas eve also got a really nice russian atelier drawing book ill definitely be studying soon as a gift.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-26-2018

wasted alot of time today but... still got some stuff done so i guess its okay

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-27-2018

Big shoutout to the spam bot who commented this morning, if ppl are advertising in my sb, i must be gettin somewhere ;), almost 400k BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

Lol my moms friend and her daughters came over today so i drew them in 5 minute poses and they really really liked them. I really wasnt used to people enjoying my work that much, it was night and day from the shitty marker sketches i used to do. If i have to go back downtown when it warms up from a lack of commissions, that'll be way more fulfilling and fun to do

RE: Fedodika the Koala - darktiste - 12-28-2018

Admirable that you stay dedicated even during the holiday aslong as you don't forget to take break to avoid mental breakdown.Art is also about enjoying the beauty of life and later on infusing that life into the work.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-29-2018

Thanks darkiste: i draw a lot but i do other things, it just seems like i dont lol

Life drawing, and some masters of anatomy again, probably gonna wrap up the mechanic dude tomorrow

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-30-2018

spent the day tunin this up, really finishing it, painting all the materials, finalizing the lighting and adding little details, im happy with it, gonna do a more pinup piece next, even more complex possibly with computers and machines and shit

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 12-31-2018

did a buncha design studies today, tryina choke out the memories of them in this sleepy sketch 

woundin down to the end of the year, I shall continue posting into 2019 until i "make it" whenever that may be

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-01-2019

HAPPY 2019!!!

Ol fedo found how to make custom brushes, so look out!

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-02-2019

alrightey, started a new piece, i had the idea that it would be all cyber type stuff, but i had been looking at piotr jablonski stuff and it just really inspired me. I might expand the left side of the canvas out so i have a banner to put on like artstation and stuff, with like a black smoke or scarf trailing off. I keep theorizing about what could go below the girl but idk ill have to sleep on it, maybe an old church or something

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-03-2019

tryina add some like narrative stuff in there

RE: Fedodika the Koala - darktiste - 01-03-2019

You should learn to use the wrap tool.To wrap texture//pattern such as fishnet around the volume of the leg.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-04-2019

Darkiste: I tried to patch it up, i was being lazy there for sure

I tried to add like some stuff in the background, but it ended up being too distracting, so i added a bird cage and i think that fits the narrative best as a finishing touch. I need to grow my visual library more, i end up drawing the same kinda things.. i have a few cool ideas ill try out soon for doing that

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-05-2019

love them evil... twisted lookin hoes

RE: Fedodika the Koala - DESQUOLOR - 01-05-2019

spicy update bb <3

RE: Fedodika the Koala - darktiste - 01-06-2019

I feel you been watching some mad max lately.You should get inspiration by looking at the event burning man there alot of really interesting post apocalyptic fashion there.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=864&bih=835&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=iO0wXKSPO8OHggf1lZvAAw&q=burning+man+fashion&oq=burning+man+fashion&gs_l=img.3..0l4j0i8i30l2.7464.9818..9978...1.0..0.78.598.9......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i67j0i10i24.f5XMtW1lidA#imgrc=_

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-06-2019

Des: Thx, hope to keep it that way ;)

Darkiste: this was actually just what i was going for, i did some studies of it and applied it today actually :) thanks for that!

I got a lot done today, I started out doing the Drawthis thing on YT, like a 2 hrs life drawing livestream, and man it was really helpful, i always feel like i get a lot better doing those, especially since i have like rythms and anatomy to refine as i do it, and its the one thing that ive seen that allows for easy head quick sketch practice. Croquis is great too, just too short, better music tho, the Drawthis music is good on the first listen but suuuuuper irritating after several listens. 

I'm gonna really reeeally try to do this each morning, its so helpful so, ill do my best to make that a habit because if i at least do that, i can feel good about what i learned that day. Plus it gets me on a high ramp to work more as the day goes on, which is hard to do if i start late and waste tons of time in the morning.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - darktiste - 01-06-2019

Yea that creativty just want up it amazing to see what some good reference can do.

RE: Fedodika the Koala - Fedodika - 01-07-2019

Darkiste: I appreciate it :)

did my daily 3 hrs of figures, did also some studies of fashion but not enough energy to make them into a character, might try tomorrow morning