Crimson Daggers — Art forum
René Aigner's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: René Aigner's Sketchbook (/thread-4118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - matkaminski - 10-24-2014

They just keep getting better and better, do you livestream?
If not, you should. I'd like to see this process even more in depth.

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - Lyraina - 10-24-2014

Beautiful as always. :) Although the white head band sticks out a bit much, contrasting so heavily against her dark hair on the left, without there really being a focal point.
Thanks a lot for always sharing process/closeup and such, it's very appreciated! Love seeing the 'behind the scenes' stuff.

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 10-26-2014

thanks mat! No, I don't livestream I'm afraid. Not really planning too, either, if I'm honest. But if you have specific questions about the process, ask away ;)

Thanks Lyraina! You're right, it was a kind of rough study and i didn't pay too much attention to the comp, and that shows...

[Image: stud_1014_07.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 10-27-2014

I've been doing so much painting/illustration, time to mix things up and do a bit of straightforward design, so here go some funky spaceships:

[Image: stud_1014_08.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - Caisne - 10-27-2014

Dude, such an inspiring works. I've had to do this Asaro had after I've seen yours, i fucked things up. Please keep the good stuff.

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 10-28-2014

Thanks a lot!

[Image: stud_1014_09.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ones - 10-28-2014

soo much good.. earlier in your sketchbook you mentioned scott robertson and his books. after checking out his youtube page i ordered both his how to draw book and the new one that comes out in november about rendering. i appreciate that recommendation.

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 10-29-2014

Thanks ones, and you're welcome. Robertson's books are a great resource.

I have been itching to share this for months now. Several months ago I was approached by Random House to contribute three illustrations to the illustrated companion book to „A Song of Ice and Fire“ – „The World of A Song of Ice and Fire“. The book has now been released & I’m free to share the illustrations. Here’s the first one, a portrait of Harwyn Hardhand. To quote asoiaf wiki: „Harwyn Hoare, better known as Harwyn Hardhand, was a King of the Isles who conquered the Riverlands, taking them from Arrec the Storm King. He was the grandfather of Harren the Black.“

[Image: harwyn_web.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - wreck - 10-29-2014

Daaamn! Yup, this is all awesome stuff! Awesome Studies and awesome illustrations.

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-01-2014

Thanks wreck!

Here's the second of the three illustrations I did for WASOIAF:

[Image: east_ibbisian_webpng.png]
The Thousand Islands lie east of Ib and are populated by a hairless people with green-tinged skin who file the teeth of their females into sharp points. They sacrifice sailors to their fish-headed gods.

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-02-2014

my contribution to international self portrait day:
[Image: stud_1114_01.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - denikina - 11-03-2014

Congrats on this commision - it must have been amazing. :) Also props for the spaceships - they looks really good, even though you rarely show sci-fi designs (at least lately). You should dig deeper into that topic! :)

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-07-2014

Thank you denikina! Yes, it was nice working on a franchise that I love. It was onlythree small illustrations though ;)

The last of the illustrations I did for "the World of A Song of Ice and Fire":
[Image: asshai_webpng.png]
Asshai is a port city located in the far south-east of the Essos continent on the Jade Sea at the entrance to its eastern exit, the Saffron Straits.[1] Asshai is on the southernmost edge of a mountainous peninsula known as the Shadow Lands, thus the city is often called Asshai by the Shadow and to go to Asshai can be described as to "pass beneath the shadow"

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-07-2014

here's a quick architectural study:

[Image: pulverturm.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-13-2014

Not much to show these days. Here's a book cover I just finished today:

[Image: mcclellan_cover3.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-17-2014

[Image: maedchen.jpg]

[Image: maedchenb.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-21-2014

[Image: stud_1114_02.jpg]

[Image: stud_1114_02b.jpg]

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 11-21-2014

what kind of sorcery is this? your work is crazy good, keep it up =D

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - JDM - 11-21-2014

Just had a look through some of your work and so inspiring, cant wait til I'm this good!

RE: René Aigner's Sketchbook - ReneAigner - 11-23-2014

thanks a lot ramalooke and JDM!

[Image: stud_1114_03.jpg]