Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Danger Zone - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Danger Zone (/thread-4859.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Danger Zone - Cyprinus - 09-13-2014

Can't take my eyes off those delicious environments. THOSE COLOURS <3

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-13-2014

@Suira Thanks man, haha. Gotta thank you too for reminding me of rhythms!

@Cyprinus Thank you! I'm still not 100% happy with it yet. :(

What a shitty week so far, have been slacking too much.
Gonna try to do some more monster heads using weird shapes for now on, gotta exercise them criativities.

[Image: u66cZG3.png]
[Image: YdGLuq8.png]
[Image: rOlRBHa.png]
[Image: wz3asTa.png]
[Image: Nr7jSHq.png]
[Image: OeA5Uw6.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Adrian - 09-13-2014

Half dragon ... half orc ... that's ... interesting.

I can totally see a new expansion coming up. All your fault.

RE: Danger Zone - Suira - 09-13-2014

Glad my that my focus on rythim helped you on something man, still I think you had that figured out anyway hahaha.

I feel you on the shitty week thing, but just don't beat yourself over it. I've had a struggling week with almost everyday working between just 4-6 hours, but decided not to give a fuck about it as long as it didn't become a long term rule, some weeks you just gotta take it easy and give the brain time to recharge. Plus you're pulling off cool stuff and going forward, so no need to feel bad.

Them weirdo monsters are cool btw. On the enviros I had kind of an idea for a possible study you could include in your environment work. Like in the field with the sticks, I know you're going for simple to get it into your brain, which is essential, but maybe you could add to that working with some textured brushes and try to figure out in a very simplistic way what makes texturing work when mixed with the values and stuff, I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, but it would be like, once you're done with something like that, try to give it 3-4 strokes over the dirt or something to add some texture to it and see how it feels.

Anyway, sweet stuff man.

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-14-2014

@Adrian lol, didn't thought of that, it was just an orc with a weird face.

@Suira Yep, there are some much to keep in my brain sometimes something gets left behind.
I got what you meant, but those were basically trying to capture the essence of colors, which I still haven't learned it trully. Rather not start messing with too much textures and get hooked and deviate from what I want, lol.

Lazy saturday, more gesturey gestures and a better landscape, almost there.

[Image: DvJVBht.png]
[Image: 02GNXiS.png]

RE: Danger Zone - ZombieChinchilla - 09-15-2014

D-d-d-d-d-dang, dude!! I love those environments, especially that last one! The brushwork, the colors, the subtle blue fantasy-ness from the cave...keep killing it, man.

RE: Danger Zone - Suira - 09-15-2014

It would take me a week to get a environment to look half as good man, your studies are paying off, gonna be dominating the fuckers in no time, keep up the good work!

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-16-2014

@ZombieChinchilla T-t-t-thanks! I liked doing it too. :)

@Suira Lol, If you practiced enviros for like a week you'd be better already.

Just the usual.

[Image: NRT0QHA.png]
[Image: 6KNa6vT.png]
[Image: I0wqZN5.png]
[Image: LYdimMU.png]
[Image: C0VwFzo.png]
[Image: YC6snIX.png]
[Image: V6mzXr9.png]
[Image: n9XyB4j.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Fedodika - 09-16-2014

OMG BILL HICKS OMG!!! SERK SATANS COK PHFHGHGHRHGHRHHGHRHGHRHG;

Srsly tho if you take a second to think about what that vid is; it's pretty odd, like just think what someone 100 years ago would have thought of that lol.

"If you practiced enviros for like a week you'd be better already." quote of the year lol I want a shirt with that on it, but we need to have it interchangable on the front page of daggers the word enviros and week.

Also that girls smokin, kinda creepy too lol

RE: Danger Zone - Craig Paton - 09-16-2014

Really like where you're going with the caricature style experiments, be cool to see where you take that.

RE: Danger Zone - Olof - 09-17-2014

That environment! Super nice :D It's really where I want to bring my enviros to. Colors say a lot!

But autotuned Bill Hicks? I love his standup though

RE: Danger Zone - Cyprinus - 09-17-2014

*faints*

Translation: I love EVERYTHING.

RE: Danger Zone - Tristan Berndt - 09-17-2014

Looks good, man.
I'd just like to comment on your gestures. It's starting to look like you're sort of sticking to a comfort zone of very very similar gestures, proportions and exaggerations. I'm just not sure if you're really learning much at this point. I hope you try and challenge yourself/branch out and maybe try a more traditional approach or switch up the way you think about gestures so you can learn new things.

But it looks like you're doing well so keep workin'!

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-17-2014

@Fedodika ahahah goatboy, that video is still very weird today, I bet if you show it in some places of the world (I'd say 50% of it) you'd burn for it.

@Craig Paton Thanks man! Exercizing my creativity muscles, I need to design some more monsters too, actual monster and not just cop out and make a human with 4 eyes and 2 mouths and call it "monster concept".

@Olof Dude, you're totally there already!
I'm a big fan of Carlin and I hadn't heard of Bill Hicks until that video, so it's kindof a win!

@Cyprinus Hahah, still more to come, thanks!

@Tristan Berndt Thanks man, they were studies for the CHOW(made like 30 poses of it, maybe more), aimed for a fierce mage pose and that's probably why they were kinda repeated.

Reg stuff + starting to do some CHOW studies.

[Image: OKB9vwd.png]
[Image: Jct7Fl8.png]
[Image: m0j790m.png]
[Image: dsQSPIJ.png]
[Image: iSAHKWo.png]
[Image: mhMj75o.png]
[Image: 6nVyoTU.png]
[Image: jFJSz6c.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Fedodika - 09-17-2014

FUCK YER EVEN GOOD AT CLOTHING TOO!!! GOTTA CATCH UP!!!!

RE: Danger Zone - Samszym - 09-18-2014

Dude love those gesture sketches! You make me wish I was doing more constructed drawing and painted stuff. Landscapes are definitely starting to look more believable!

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-18-2014

@Fedodika Lol, thanks! I gotta start studyinng more fashion and armors.

@Samszym Thanks!

More regular stuff and clothing studies + magic stuff.

[Image: q2h5lC4.png]
[Image: 9dCv4bP.png]
[Image: nsvN7q9.png]
[Image: AEGxSxT.png]
[Image: HJWrQq8.png]
[Image: kMElogL.png]
[Image: t6bbQMD.png]

RE: Danger Zone - PacaTatuCotiaNao - 09-18-2014

Amazing work, man! Keep it up!

RE: Danger Zone - Fedodika - 09-18-2014

DAMMNIT!! DUDE YOU MAY BE CLOSER THAN YOU THINK!!

RE: Danger Zone - smrr - 09-19-2014

Ohhhh my gahd. Rafa you're a friggin' beasssst!! Love the updates, can't wait for more on the CHOW !