Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Danger Zone - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Danger Zone (/thread-4859.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-26-2014

@Prospass Thanks! Been hard to me to be more carefree on stylization, but it is fun.
The auras are mostly for fun, like if they were UI icons. I add it after I'm done with the rendering, if the value is bad is because I'm actually bad, haha.

Cut short today, commissions and RL stuff.

[Image: yUUP521.png?2]
[Image: IqH5MmT.png]
[Image: yTaDR0B.png]
[Image: CvYqnNf.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Suira - 09-26-2014

Dude, not fair, me , tangled with computer issues and solving bullshit, and you take this VERY MOMENTS to level up to the sky! Man. So awesome, I'm digging a lot your armor studies, your refining is getting sexier and sexier every time. Also digging the neon effect , makes them look like icons for a mmorpg. Speaking of which, I bought Guild Wars 2, but didn't get a chance to play it cause the computer is utterly messed up :(

Your design language is getting a lot better too, the shapes are very effective conveying feelings of awesomeness :D Only crit would be one that I've given you in the past and that is purely optional:

While I understand you wanna work for blizzard it's also good to try diferent designs that differ completely from the franchise just to grow as an artist and also to be able to translate some of that in the designs you'll do once you get hired ( cause you will and you know it ) , that way you can bring something new to the studio when required, not that they'll ask for something new very often, but it really is a plus to have that extra skill, and you never know, maybe blizzard goes bankrupt in the future ( let's hope not ) and if that ever comes to happen you don't wanna be left with just their style. I think a great example of how diferent stuff boosts you is your recent realistic studies, they're all awesome and I feel they're translating pretty well to your imaginative art.

Anyway, cool stuff, major ass kicking, gotta study....damn the fucking computer store. By the way, I hired the CIA to find you and kidnap you, they said they'll deliver you on monday next week, let's hope they get you xD

RE: Danger Zone - LaleAnn - 09-26-2014

Fuuuuu... Your paintings and studies are getting better everytime man! I love that last character (#394) and your material studies are just.. mind blowing! I better get going! xD

RE: Danger Zone - Prospass - 09-26-2014

Haha okay, that's not what I meant :D Your values are fine!
Love the volume/lighting on that last helmet WIP!

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-27-2014

@Suira Lol dude, don't buy games, no need for em yet!
But but but, I haven't drawn anything blizzard related in like a week. J/k, I totally understand your point man.

@LaleAnn Thank you! Glad you liked it, I enjoyed doing it as well.

@Propass Thank you very much!

Short day as I had to travel (now I have a passport, yay?) and doing some work too.
On a random note, I've passed over 1000 gesture/anatomy studies since july, now to 1000 more.

[Image: sfy5jfM.png]
[Image: uDHz6fA.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Suira - 09-28-2014

Hell yeah! a thousand gestures! Dayum man, that's a lotta naked peoples!

Glad to see my threats are working and that you're getting a passport to escape my forces of evil MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Digging them faces btw! It's cool to see that even in the most basic stage your stuff has personality to it and looks cool, that's foundational quality my friend. When there's no need for bling bling it means you're good!

RE: Danger Zone - Archreux - 09-28-2014

Damn, dude. Great pages lately. Always great and solid sketches.

The CHOW came out amazingly well. The only sort of nit pick I have regarding the final result is that the bottom half of him, from the waist down, is looking a little small. Mostly it's just the legs that are proportionally off compared to the rest. OTHER than that, the rendering and everything else is tasty cakes.

1000 gestures? That's something to aspire to, I'm definitely going to have to get up there with you on that! :D

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-28-2014

@Suira Thank man, eventually I'm gonna start painting these faces.

@Archreux Thanks! You're right, his legs are a few fingers shorter than it should be, when I started they were longer and I just readjusted and didn't bother checking it again, thanks again!
It wasn't really that hard, just 10 every day, 7 days a week.

Started on the CHOW and I "finished" the helm, haven't been inspired lately so it came out kinda lame.

[Image: PyzBoao.png]
[Image: QV0dAZp.png]
[Image: 1U15YOf.png]
[Image: GnsksTe.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Fedodika - 09-29-2014

ahh everyones gettin too much better than me.. MOTIVATION!!!

RE: Danger Zone - Adrian - 09-29-2014

Damn , love your CHOW explorations. YES!! more love for the metal chins. Sorry , love Revengeance too much.

About the helm, I'm probably wrong but the perspective on it looks a bit odd to me. Based on how much I see of the left side of the helmet and how I imagine the centerline going on it , I think we'd see less of the back portion of it. Right now I can't visually link all the center points on top of it (if I understand the design).

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-29-2014

@Fedodika Stupid Practice, practice!

@Adrian Thanks! I agree with you, that's probably what threw me off on the whole thing. Will be doing more of them soon.

Quick studies of the day.

[Image: T3yZJ5e.png]
[Image: I6O7IIy.png]

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 09-30-2014

Pretty slow day, finishing up some commissions, going back to normal hopefully tomorrow.

[Image: i9J6VTl.png]
[Image: CFDEece.png]

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-01-2014

Crappity crap of the day.

[Image: klIwwGP.png]
[Image: vLJAGA8.png]
[Image: mzhKR0i.png]
[Image: ykz3Jeb.png]
[Image: IoRJUa6.png]
[Image: sthpctn.png]
[Image: 074FBfG.png]

RE: Danger Zone - Olof - 10-01-2014

I like thos earmors, really clean! I really want to make some for myself now haha

Are they for project or practice??

RE: Danger Zone - smrr - 10-01-2014

1000 gestures since July?!!!?!!?!!
Dude thank you for the inspiration! I wanna get that shit going because your figures look fckin sweet with their poses!!

Love everything going on here, you're awesomesauce, looking forward to drooling and crying some more :D

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-02-2014

@Maryian-Hristov Thank you very much!

@Olof Thanks! Armors are great fun, just to practice, gotta start working harder on them if I want to work on that field.

@smrrfette Yep, my daily 10. :) Thank you very much!

Cutting it short today, not feeling very well.

[Image: 4GwS2c6.png]
[Image: MUYWrYi.png]
[Image: bOTzwpI.png]
[Image: wx0SAVA.png]

RE: Danger Zone - rafa zanchetin - 10-03-2014

Sketchy sketches, yes, I've been painting slabs of metal, ish.

[Image: xO9P29x.png]
[Image: gblcxg1.png]
[Image: CVCqGHd.png]
[Image: iOZUTzS.png]
[Image: TneAIdy.png]

RE: Danger Zone - pnate - 10-03-2014

Dem studies man.

RE: Danger Zone - Fedodika - 10-04-2014

sketches lookin a lil cooler everytime; that screamin guy is AWESOME!!

RE: Danger Zone - constructicon - 10-04-2014

Man - everything you do is so damn great. Those landscapes are so vivid - I just want to spend some time there. nice. ANd your stylised work is so strong. Thanks for sharing.