Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Hey.. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+---- Thread: Hey.. (/thread-4866.html)

Hey.. - taylorqt - 03-09-2014

Hey Blushing

I don't really know if this is the right place for me to be.. but I really want to be a concept artist/freelance illustrator so here I am...

I am a 21 year old full time Amazon.com employee and college student (non-art major). I've liked to draw since I was just a kid, but was never motivated to take art seriously. Now that I want to take art seriously I have such less time than i did then...Meh

I do have a few really pressing matters for the community here to maybe offer some insight or help on..

First I know that to go from any level to professional in a field as technical as concept art takes years of intensive labor practice... Did any of you find a way to balance this kind of practice with full time job and/or school schedules? Very interested to see responses.

Second I'm looking for a mentor of sorts... someone who is a professional who can perhaps help me with some questions I have and guide me on my journey a bit Rolling eyes, funny thought

I know I'm asking alot here.. and hopefully I'm in the right place!

I'm pretty green at drawing, extremely at painting. I'll be sure to throw up a sketchbook soon for you to see.

RE: Hey.. - hadee41 - 03-26-2014

Welcome angel! Hope you enjoy your stay here and hope to see you around.

RE: Hey.. - Wardy - 03-27-2014

hey! welcome :D