Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Eucalyptus sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Eucalyptus sketchbook (/thread-5432.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - Tsirides - 04-14-2015

It's really good seeing you picked up water color, it's kinda hard for me because you have to account that it doesn't have whites and you have to use negative space a lot. But all of this is quite interesting if you learn to use it. I never got the chance to do so, mostly because I find them attractive but not in my style of work. I really can't wait till you get the hang of it, I have this feeling that it will combine your pencil work with your shapes and color really well! :) Keep up the good work man!

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - Eucalyptus - 04-15-2015

Really want to be able to proficiently draw heads from imagination as some of the things I really want to draw call for this. so heads everywhere for the foreseeable future.

profiled
[Image: 3jhtU12.jpg?1]
[Image: W2gW7SY.jpg?1]
spike man
[Image: LyoUpxi.jpg?1]
more asaro (top left corner "why have you created me??")
[Image: D3gYkCu.jpg?1]

@ Tsirides

thanks man. I think the hardest part about getting used to the water color isn't the technique but more so the added freedom of possible subject matter/composition. With drawing I usually focus on one character or thing at a time with one or two pencils. with water color I have many colors and am not focusing on one entity but rather a setting/area. I geuss what im getting at is I really have no experience with settings/environments/the broader picture of things so getting into a new medium like water colors I think is definitely something I need/have been needing.

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - crackedskull - 04-16-2015

Nice creepy stuff man. Welcome to daggers.

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - Eucalyptus - 04-21-2015

human faces

[Image: 9NnaCbf.jpg?1]
he was born this way (unfortunately)
[Image: yCHcajG.jpg?1]
eggs and towels
[Image: 4sd5FgN.jpg?2]

@cracked skull

thanks man! really like it here.

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - StardustLarva - 04-21-2015

Loving those snake studies! The one at the top right looks rather intimidating, I will say. I can see you're studying the forms of the snakes and such, which is good, so perhaps you could eventually go a bit further and do some more thorough studies of them. Still, excellent stuff, I hope to see more creatures from you soon! :)

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - Eucalyptus - 04-28-2015

more heads

[Image: TE4kz6K.jpg?2]
[Image: zT3CpWP.jpg?1]
@stardust, thanks man. ill be doing head studies of other critters soon. new creature, shish kabobber
[Image: yq85akd.jpg?1]

RE: Eucalyptus sketchbook - Eucalyptus - 05-03-2015

ant eater-eaters
[Image: Gr7qRdE.jpg?1]

mo' heads
[Image: CUjrlx5.jpg?2]
[Image: 36igqT1.jpg?1]