Crimson Daggers — Art forum
ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: STUDY GROUP (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: PARTNER/GROUP DAILIES (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: ABANDONED HIDEOUT (/thread-5830.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-14-2015

Hey Jyonny how do I join the skype channel ?

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Caisne - 03-14-2015

@NinoKitteN Add me on sky Caisne, ill trow you in. And i guess you should dewote a little more time to the sketches you do, try to focus on quality, and dont worry about speed. Ill definitely elaborate on the job, later, its to early right now.

@JyonnyNovice Good job on that values man!

@Aumes Love this sketches, but the guy with the blue heair could use some better balance, looks like he is falling to the right a little.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Eurogin - 03-15-2015

Hey, new to this cite and heard about this from NinoKitteN I think, I was wondering if I could check out what the streams are like to see what I am in for, I primarily want to study in this group but my main problem right now in art is execution. I can get a good start then I never finish, so my studies for a bit would be focused on the process and possibly design elements at first. Should I post one of my artworks to show that I am serious in art? Some of my stuff... well my eye has improved radically lately so my recent work I see a lot of stuff wrong with .-.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - art44 - 03-15-2015

@caisne : congrats on the job man , you deserve it :)
@JyonnyNovice : awesome values studies .
@Aumes : great stuff , the last one have a cool composition .
@Eurogin : Welcome to the group , feel free to post anything :)

some studies :

[Image: dn26Gzr.jpg]

[Image: gbPSVu9.jpg]

[Image: VVOCQHz.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-15-2015

Hey quick question guys , when you do studies do you usualy time urselves? if so , do you think that improves the way you look at things or your workflow or just overall " betterness "

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Caisne - 03-15-2015

@NinoKitteN I personally don't recommend limiting yourself on time, especially when you starting out. Focus on a best result possible.
@art44 thx bro! Try to thing about cone of vision and area of focus in your portrait works, there has to be areas with high detail/render level (Eyes, nose, lips) and some areas that goes little more blured/out of focus (ears hair neck). It makes the image more 3d and realistic, right now your portraits look a little bit flat.
@Eurogin Hey man, make yourself comfortable! Check the first post of this thread, there are links to other people streams, you can check them on demand if you want. And yes, do post! we are all artists here, and posting your stuff is kind a like act of honesty or something! Good to have you here.

quick doodle from todays stream

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - JyonnyNovice - 03-16-2015

Aumes Love that last study, reminds me of The Dark Tower graphic novel.

Eurogin Welcome!

Art44 Really great master studies, got nice painted look!

Nino I think there can be benefit in timing studies but only to make it so you don't put in so much time into uneccessary things (like over rendering if you are studying the composition for example). Like gesture drawing you time it because you focus on catching the pose and energy, not to draw a whole figure. So if you approach it that way but longer - say you do still life and set time for 1 hour - you don't aim to finish it in 1 hour, just after 1 hour you stop and do something else, however much is done. Good if you want to be efficient, personally I don't time anything though.

Caisne Great that you're back to streaming.

Not so great stuff but felt like posting something here, focusing on getting clear perspective on body parts (and trying to keep good proportions - not sure if I succeeded on that one):

[Image: TJ4TTJ8.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Gliger - 03-16-2015

Just a stupid update because I don't wanna get kicked out lol
[Image: QprvaZD.png]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-16-2015

Yo guys I have some quicksketches , I've been busy with school stuff , but tests end tomorrow now its all art. I've done some warm up quicksketches so yeah , just wanted to stay kind of active

Awesome structural drawings Jyonny , really makes you understand the body with a 3d mindset.

[Image: tumblr_nlb50zeesh1u2itq9o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nlb50zeesh1u2itq9o2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nlb50zeesh1u2itq9o3_1280.jpg]

Sorry for the image quality I need to get a scanner

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Caisne - 03-17-2015

Sketches from tonight stream

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - art44 - 03-17-2015

@JyonnyNovice : Cool poses , have a great energy to them .
@Ninokitten : Great studies , good luck on the test .
Caisne : Cool sketches Thumbs_up

some weapons :

[Image: M7ORbRv.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Caisne - 03-18-2015

@Art44 Think about how you grip/shoot the gun. First tw examples doesnt look shootable.

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-18-2015

Some stuff , from hampton to frazetta to picture studies. yeah .
[Image: tumblr_nldk70iZgn1u2itq9o2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nldk70iZgn1u2itq9o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nldk70iZgn1u2itq9o3_1280.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - art44 - 03-19-2015

@Caisne : thanks for the crits Thumbs_up
@NinoKitteN : Great Studies :)

hope this one is better

[Image: xbH4FTm.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - NinoKitteN - 03-19-2015

art44 Maybe it's just me thinking , but wouldn't that weapon be kind of awkward to hold , maybe I'm just getting the function part of it wrong tho ( maybe I'm reading it wrong) taking that out , I really like the simple yet cool designs.

here is a study / copy of a dean cornwell’s girl , I just liked it so.. I copied it .3.

I kinda slacked off the left side of the face , I just noticed that , but hey , I did my best given the time ( 1hr )

[Image: tumblr_nlfnrvZr5B1u2itq9o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: 0f245044c85f6c806c621827c7d5dfa8.jpg]

here's the original artwork . C&C are encouraged

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Jeso - 03-19-2015

NinoKitten, that oil painting is looking sick, are you gonna keep working on it? feels unfinished but on the right track!

Now folks, i need some help Pronto on this. its a card art type of thing, dude trapped in vines.
Any thoughts? somehow im not liking this.. i dont know why.. something is wrong, not with the actual pose that doesnt bother me much, but more like, the whole picture, the vines maybe ?

[Image: 16861774955_cd4c9a47b3_c.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - JyonnyNovice - 03-20-2015

Jeso I've looked at your picture a few times today... something does feel off but I can't tell exactly. Feels like something with the perspective... like his foot is fixed to the ground and looks right but the rest of the body feels superimposed. Maybe adding some cast shadows will help fix him to the scene... It's looking good so far anyway ^^

Trying to design characters a little bit - too many studies gets too boring. Hands and feet are a weakness for me (as you can see). Pose seems ok though? Any crits about anything else?

[Image: T9tcixP.jpg]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Jeso - 03-20-2015

Hey Jyonny, thanks for the crit, im uploading a progress now though, i appreciate more thoughts on this, as im trying to get it done asap.

As for your girl, she looks very odd.. as you say hands and feet are something u gotta work at. Also the structure in the torso.. like from torso to head transition.. it looks weird, have you used reference for this?

And here is my progress.
[Image: 16869287111_1911dc7b27_c.jpg]I dont give a shit-Recovered by rem92jesse, on Flickr

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Amit Dutta - 03-20-2015

Jeso, I don't have too much issues with the pose, though that right arm (our right) looks a bit too large maybe. The vines could maybe be coming at him from more than just in front? So snaking up from the back, from below etc. Maybe the tips could be snaking around his neck and into his mouth! Creep factor upped. Really work the perspective. Watch the background arches as well, not using the same HL at the moment.

Jyonny: I think the shoulders are a bit too wide and affect how the neck connects as well. Remember women are mostly rounded all over and narrower in the shoulders. Accentuating the softness and curves helps things appear feminine so really amp that up. That crossed over leg looks a bit too long or something about how straight it appears.

A client work wip. Not under NDA so I thought I could share it. Any crits welcome, still a bit to go in terms of refining figures etc.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=65653]

RE: ABANDONED HIDEOUT - Jeso - 03-20-2015

Okay fuck this. Im calling it done. This was a really tough and depressing piece.. i shot like a million pictures for reference, i posed in weird uncomfortable poses on my underwear... this has taken me like 6 days of continious work, trying to figure stuff out, and it still, ended up being shit. (<< you might disagree, but, im really hard on myself, always expect alot from me) So, just want to get this over with and move on to the next piece right away.. What sucks the most is that i spent almost all my spring break week on this crap.. hahaha not worth it. But hey.. live and learn.

[Image: 16248683664_6b62d9ba12_c.jpg]