Crimson Daggers — Art forum
21 Days Exercise Challenge, Completed. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: STUDY GROUP (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: GYMS'N DAGGERS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-62.html)
+---- Forum: Goals & Progress (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-63.html)
+---- Thread: 21 Days Exercise Challenge, Completed. (/thread-6608.html)

Pages: 1 2

21 Days Exercise Challenge, Completed. - Zearthus - 07-16-2015

Seeing I'm starting to maintain  a consistent drawing routine, I'm deciding to start another habit, in order to transcend the habit into what I do.

So what's the reason I want to exercise?
To improve my mental, body and spirit
To build up momentum within myself
To show myself that you can do something if you put your mind to it
To see how my body progress on its own over the course of few weeks

How do I plan to do this?
I will use the method called "triggers" which means something that can trigger you to do an activity. For example, when you done reading an article, you immediately do a draw after that. 

What kind of exercises I plan to do?
Basic ones, I do not plan to become the most muscular person known on earth, I just want to get into the habit of doing basic exercises than none. And the actual person that inspires me to start this is, Leo Babauta author of zenhabits blog. Check out his blog if you want to learn more of how he was in 2005, compare to now, and of course life tips, productivity and so on.

The exercises I will be doing are the following:
Push up, Squats, Sit Ups, Plank

I do not have a set number for how many times I will do exercises, since I want to have a freedom with how many of it I want to do for now. And I'm just building a habit, after the habit is build in I will make changes. 

These will be done once every other day. So it will be on:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 

I'm gonna leave a sense of variation, but still do one of each of the mentioned exercise in one of the mentioned days. And I shall be posting what I did, on the mentioned days on the same day.

Alright, lets get the ball rolling shall we.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-16-2015

7/15/2015

12 Push ups, just getting pass 8 I started to feel kind of exhausted already. But it's an interesting feeling, I think you can use the emotions you get out of the exercise and put it into lets say a scene where someone is doing pushups etc.

Did 21 more push ups later in the day. As I mentioned this gonna be random intervals in the day where I feel its just right.

So In total that's 33 push ups. For today.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - KurtJeremy - 07-16-2015

wooohhoooo keep it up mate, i actually just finished my 30 day yoga challenge last week , and oh did it felt good. im sure you will get to that goal too.

take note at how you are feeling after those exercises how good you feel , how more alert you become.
and take a moment to reflect on it.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-17-2015

@KurtJeremy
Thanks for your comment.

---

7/16/2015
Did 20 squats, legs feels sore haha. But hey that's a good sign.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - BlueBear - 07-17-2015

Hey thats awesome but i would advice with setting yourself with a goal of how many of each exercises u will do everytime u work out , keeping it consistent helps your body to addapt faster , gl and hf with it

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-18-2015

@Bluebear
As I mentioned in the beginning, its more about making this a fun activity to do, then have a set amount to do. Especially in the beginning phase. After 21 days, I will start switching things around, for now its more about making the activity something fun to do. I go with the principle of what zenhabits shared.

---

36 Sit ups today. Good lord, my stomach hahaha. Its like you're been hit with a brick in the stomach when doing this.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-19-2015

Today I did plank for 1 minute and 30 seconds, reason I didn't do monday/wednesday/friday/Saturday as I have speak, because it was near half way in with the week, so that will start taking into effect in this week.

Also going to make some changes now that I know my limits, and up to how long I can do things. So its gonna be like this:

Squats 20 - 2 reps (30s rest)
Sit ups 15 - 2 reps (60s rest)
Push ups - Round 1: 20 - (60s rest) - Round 2: 15
Plank - 2 minutes 1 rep
Pull Ups 10 - 2 reps (60s rest)
Have no means of doing the regular pull up, so shall be doing this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfp7NPY5sBw

That's all for now, ciao in next post.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (4 Times a Week) - Gareth Dent - 07-20-2015

(07-19-2015, 08:56 AM)Zearthus Wrote: Today I did plank for 1 minute and 30 seconds, reason I didn't do monday/wednesday/friday/Saturday as I have speak, because it was near half way in with the week, so that will start taking into effect in this week.

Also going to make some changes now that I know my limits, and up to how long I can do things. So its gonna be like this:

Squats 20 - 2 Reps (30s rest)
Sit ups 15 - 2 Reps (60s rest)
Push ups 20 - 2 reps  (60s rest)
Plank - 2 minutes 1 rep

That's all for now, ciao in next post.

Squats - Legs
Sit ups - Core
Push ups - Chest, Delts, Triceps.
Plank - Core.

You're missing out exercises for your back and/or biceps.

Pull ups/chinsups/rows. One of them should suffice. Other then that, solid.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-21-2015

Start of the week,

Squats 20/20 (30s rest), legs feels hard as rock. Look forward for tomorrow regime.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-22-2015

Did Pushups today. Instead of 20 in 2 reps, decided to switch it up a bit, 20 push ups first round, 15 push ups second round.

I will be making changes along the way, to make things easier/harder depending if I need to up the level/decrease.

So today, 35 pushups.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-23-2015

2 minutes plank... felt like an eternity while doing it. I was like alright when is the timer over haha....

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-24-2015

35 Push ups, getting used to it slowly.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-25-2015

Just realized I did pushups twice this week haha... I felt I was missing one exercise noticed I did pushups twice... *sighs*

Gonna do some changes for next week exercising, which is note taking, that way I know for sure what to do etc. And possible will combine some exercises together with another, to make things more challenge who knows.

---

For today, 15 plunges and 12 pullups (video I posted above) since I do not have bars, I find that exercises great.

See you next week!

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-27-2015

Alright, for this week I made some changes in regards to the capacity of exercise I will be doing:

EXERCISE 1:
20 Push ups, 1 Minute Rest, 12 push ups

EXERCISE 2:
15 Plunges, 1 minute rest, 15 Plunges

EXERCISE 3:
2 Minutes Plank, 1 minute Rest, 1 Minute Plank

EXERCISE 4:
25 Squats, 1 Minute Rest, 25 Squats

EXERCISE 5:
Pull ups still experimenting different exercise since I do not have a bar, gonna be testing this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0ce0xdEqg

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-28-2015

Will make this post short and only specify which exercise I did:

7/27/2015

EXERCISE 2:
15 Plunges, 1 minute rest, 15 Plunges

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-29-2015

7/28/2015

EXERCISE 1:
20 Push ups, 1 Minute Rest, 12 push ups

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-30-2015

7/29/2015

EXERCISE 4:

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 07-31-2015

7/30/2015

EXERCISE 3:
2 Minutes with 10 s Plank,

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 08-01-2015

7/31/2015

Once again, still experimenting with pulls up, gonna be trying this one next, seems like the best most logical/creative way of setting a pull up bar without having one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udi2pUJxya4

See you all next week.

RE: 21 Days Exercise Challenge (5 Times a Week) - Zearthus - 08-04-2015

8/3/2015

EXERCISE 1:
20 Push ups, 30s rest, 14 push ups

EXERCISE 4:

For this last week, I will be adding 2x on both pushups and squats. Basically I have to do them 2 times for this week, already did them once, so next one will be on Friday.