Crimson Daggers — Art forum
AChi's sketchbook~ - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: AChi's sketchbook~ (/thread-7210.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 10-22-2016

This is a homework from my painting group..been doing it for 1 week.

If still have time after I finish Uni assignments I will do CC6 Wink

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-18-2016

yooooooo! Im back Mean smile

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-19-2016

portrait study

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - MannionJJ2020 - 12-19-2016

Really inspiring stuff! 

Brushwork is so nice and your strokes are very economical. Figure drawings are awesome also! You've mentioned a couple of times you sometimes don't feel like you're improving; By continuing photo studies etc you will get painting mileage which is great but I would suggest trying this approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kfK46nruKM

Hope this helps and keep going :)

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-20-2016

(12-19-2016, 11:58 PM)MannionJJ2020 Wrote: Really inspiring stuff! 

Brushwork is so nice and your strokes are very economical. Figure drawings are awesome also! You've mentioned a couple of times you sometimes don't feel like you're improving; By continuing photo studies etc you will get painting mileage which is great but I would suggest trying this approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kfK46nruKM

Hope this helps and keep going :)

Thanks Mannion. I have looked at the video and I would say that's almost what im doing now. my recently photo/master studies are focusing on color and brush stroke. I sometimes color pick the color from the original masterpiece and I try to remember and analyze them. Then I will do the study without color picking at all, to test if I get it or not. I am also planning on my own project, but im still constructing the story so nothing to post here yet Blushing

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-20-2016

“peeing in the lake” (jk)

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - Fedodika - 12-21-2016

somthin to do ;)

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-21-2016

old study from last month

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-27-2016

I tried to control these studies under 30min but i failed :(
It takes me about 45min on these

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 12-30-2016

testing brushes

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - miracoly - 12-30-2016

Man, you got some lovely brushwork in here! keep it up, I'll definitely check back

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-04-2017

(12-30-2016, 09:24 PM)miracoly Wrote: Man, you got some lovely brushwork in here! keep it up, I'll definitely check back

thank you!

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-04-2017

30min thumbnail prac

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - Kaiko - 01-04-2017

I really enjoy your paintings studies. Especially the colored ones look great! For the b/w thumbnail studies it might help if use the lasso tool and airbrush to gain a bit more control over the gradients!? I think this could help you to make them look as well executed as the rest of your paintings! :) 

Keep up the great work! :) 

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-05-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:32 PM)Kaiko Wrote: I really enjoy your paintings studies. Especially the colored ones look great! For the b/w thumbnail studies it might help if use the lasso tool and airbrush to gain a bit more control over the gradients!? I think this could help you to make them look as well executed as the rest of your paintings! :) 

Keep up the great work! :) 

Thank you for ur advice! When I do those thumbnails I am more focusing on the composition and try to make them as fast as i can. I havent paid much attention to refine the gradient but only trying to create distance. I will definitely work on this Tongue

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-10-2017

a quick one. i keep it zoomed out and focus on color. however when i finish and zoom out i notice that i should make the edge more clear.

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-11-2017

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-26-2017

finally finish my work experience program and back to paint some more stuff!

for this one, i am not sure about the building structure yet, only a practice to try out different painting methods

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - gregorkari - 01-26-2017

Hey AChi, great work! especially your recent posts!
If you want to improve something, try to keep your edges tight and crisp where background meets foreground.
Keep it up :)

RE: AChi's sketchbook~ - AChi - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 11:17 PM)gregorkari Wrote: Hey AChi, great work! especially your recent posts!
If you want to improve something, try to keep your edges tight and crisp where background meets foreground.
Keep it up :)

Ty for ur advice!
I just notice that I cant really separate foreground and background...actually that's because when I design this pic i dont know what to be filled and to connect between foreground and background...better look up some reference next time