Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Isra's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Isra's sketchbook (/thread-738.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 06-29-2012

Thanks a lot for all the comments, too much love for me <3

Here's a random character I painted today on my livestream

[Image: 4armsguy.jpg]

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-05-2012

Some more stuff I just posted on my blog

[Image: car2.jpg?w=900&h=619]
[Image: fastvehicles.jpg?w=900]
[Image: heavyvehicles.jpg?w=900&h=636]
[Image: chaos5.jpg?w=900&h=428]
[Image: week02assignisrael5.jpg?w=900&h=373]

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - ryan - 07-05-2012

(07-05-2012, 02:19 AM)isra-ac Wrote: Some more stuff I just posted on my blog

[Image: car2.jpg?w=900&h=619]
[Image: fastvehicles.jpg?w=900]
[Image: heavyvehicles.jpg?w=900&h=636]
[Image: chaos5.jpg?w=900&h=428]
[Image: week02assignisrael5.jpg?w=900&h=373]

I really love the character concept good job! :D

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - JerryActric - 07-06-2012

Israaaa is going up and up and up and up in the skills ! i really like the enviro piece man ! Hope your having fun over in singapore !

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-12-2012

Thanks Jerry!!

New update on my blog

[Image: israel_digpain3assig.jpg?w=900&h=330]

[Image: israel_dynamic_week03.jpg?w=900&h=904]

[Image: roomstudy.jpg?w=900&h=506]

[Image: concept_week03_assign_israel.jpg?w=900&h=624]

The references for the rendering studies are from the Gnomon DVDs of Scott Robertson.

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - Piotr Jasielski - 07-12-2012

Good stuff!

When is the fzd course ending?

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-13-2012

Thanks! In 2 weeks :(

Mantis thing from tonight's livestream

[Image: mantis.jpg]

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - mactire - 07-13-2012

Superb work Isra!!! Great work all around. It was good to see earlier that even though you were taking a break you were still flexing those art muscles.

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you get a chance to focus on your own work after FZD!

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - Piotr Jasielski - 07-13-2012

I really lke the mantis.
I have some critique though. First thing, that is easy to get rid of to make a painting better are the (way too) dark, desaturated areas/lines left from sketching part of the process - contours. It's probably a good idea to not leave the lines on top of the painting, but either put the color on top with multiply layer or to blend them/smudge before You add texture. At least it works for me. Maybe there are better solutions, but I am not aware of them or not good enough to succesfully use them.

Another thing You should keep in mind is light. If You add atmospheric perspective, it means light is quite diffused, which results in lighter shadows (because light bounces from thick particles in the air in all directions. There, therefore, shouldn't be many dark areas unless they are very covered or the skin is dark by default.

Think also about speculars that are basically places where light bounces directly to our eyes. That means they are almost as intense as the light source if the material is reflective and they apper only in places where suface has the same angle to a viewer.

I made a paintover. I hope it will be at least a little helpful.

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-14-2012

Thanks mactire and Piotr for the comments! : )

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - Piotr Jasielski - 07-14-2012

Isra, can You give me some advice on how to approach perspective comping and architecture? I want to paint some sort of a temple, but my pencil comps doesn't satisfy me. I fail to get either an interesting form or an interesting angle.

How do You comp your perspective? I mean in terms of layer management and do You firstly imagine the building in your head or establish perspective and then think what You want to draw?

How much do You think reference is important for such paintings? Do You havily base on it or rather imagine stuff in your head?

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-15-2012

You've seen my thumbnails, I try different options, ideas that come to my mind of angle shots, perspectives, etc, and in that stage I don't use references, just play, you will throw a lot of shit but you will find some you like and you must go in that way adding/removing elements. Even after start the "final illustration" I keep changing things because the lack of experience : p

About references, I always say the same example: imagine you want to paint an elephant but you've never seen one before, it's fair enough to look at pictures of elephants and draw some. Then imagine you want to draw a creature based on an elephant, depends on how well your brain retains the image of the real elephant you will be able to do it from imagination or, still, need to reference, then add the changes you want to make it something new.

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - Piotr Jasielski - 07-15-2012

Thanks for that!
From what I understand you firstly make a thumb with the more or less accurate perspective from your head and then make the grid and neccessary corretions?

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-15-2012

yep : )

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - alexnegrea - 07-15-2012

\cool stuff bro! Ahh.. browsing all these threads and see how much you guys have evolved makes me feel so pumped up for studying and drawing:D Great job!

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-19-2012

Sir Alex Negrea!! Thanks a lot for stopping at my modest sketchbook : )

A few more stuff

[Image: sketchars.jpg]

[Image: israel_assign_conceptdrawing_04_02.jpg]

[Image: israel_assign_conceptdrawing_04_03.jpg]

[Image: israel_assign_conceptdrawing_04_01.jpg]

[Image: israel_digitalpain_assing04.jpg]

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - BrotherOstavia - 07-19-2012

Love that alien and the mech-knight!

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - DK - 07-19-2012

Oooh, sweet! For some reason those concept drawings in your last post remind me of megaman bosses, haha. Good stuff!

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-19-2012

Awesome Isra :D

RE: Isra's embarrassing sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-20-2012

Thanks a lot for the comments!
Dennis you're gonna kill me but I never played a Megaman....I know it's a classic and so but I had a Master System II and.......I don't know....XD
Anyway, creature design from tonight's livestream

[Image: dragonfruitbug.jpg]