Crimson Daggers — Art forum
MetaSketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: MetaSketchbook (/thread-7564.html)

MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 05-17-2016

Feedback of any kind is welcome and appreciated :)

[Image: GsiSyq8.png][Image: 49ib6gC.png][Image: 6ZBRTdN.png][Image: V8VGISu.png][Image: eIml8Pc.png][Image: qgLouDF.png][Image: LVa1ATz.png][Image: jPH94JT.png][Image: g6bOxsu.png][Image: lr4TlYU.png][Image: Y48nY7d.png][Image: mEVy0d2.png][Image: SaLBgfv.png][Image: b7kcYRU.png][Image: HM0WJLZ.png][Image: vFPiEKo.png][Image: E2Ku2ta.png][Image: oYj5VJ8.png]

RE: MetaSketchbook - John - 05-17-2016

The design language is diverse. I can see a little bit of Pokemon, Digimon, some anime inspired mech! Where do you get your inspiration from?

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 05-20-2016

(05-17-2016, 02:36 PM)John Wrote: The design language is diverse. I can see a little bit of Pokemon, Digimon, some anime inspired mech! Where do you get your inspiration from?

I get most of my inspiration from old videogame art and music, obscure rpg's and power metal is my favorite combo ever :D

Sometimes i will just scribble something up using shapes i have seen throughout the day and tweak it until it looks like "something", and then i flesh it out referencing things it reminds me of, this last dude is an example: 

[Image: G574Qe4.png]

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 05-30-2016

Studies:

[Image: j1lm8KD.png]
Nonsense:

[Image: eRMrBpx.png]

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 06-17-2016

More random:

[Image: jZPaK5U.png][Image: UlddVre.png][Image: jC7217F.png][Image: zMt8YSn.png][Image: LSnOXRl.png][Image: qLDiA2w.png][Image: fyYCMlo.png]

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 07-08-2016

I think I've been doing way too much thowaway stuff, trying to remember how to finish an image :S

[Image: FGOIj4A.png][Image: cAbSLLg.png][Image: 4J6fayx.png][Image: twEkIf3.png][Image: y8j5GUP.png][Image: DxmRCSg.png?1]

RE: MetaSketchbook - DQ_Nick - 07-10-2016

I'm digging your dragon/reptillian-inspired design language here man, and I know what you mean about trying to remember how to finish a piece ha ha

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 07-17-2016

More inconsistent, random stuff -_-

[Image: Mhi2FVM.png][Image: ZeGqoQz.png]

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 07-30-2016

Been trying to come up with a way to render things faster...

Color and me, we don't get along very well :/

[Image: F0zUuB8.png][Image: tgFJdGT.png][Image: EFF1hWH.png][Image: V3HaELu.png]

RE: MetaSketchbook - Adam Lina - 07-31-2016

Your creature designs are very Guyver-esque.
[Image: News44991.jpg]

RE: MetaSketchbook - MetaShinryu - 09-25-2016

(07-31-2016, 01:18 PM)Adam Lina Wrote: Your creature designs are very Guyver-esque.
[Image: News44991.jpg]

I haven't watched that specific anime yet, but i see what you mean, i am very much a fan of the 90's over-the-top anime biomech aesthetic, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Yugioh, Megaman, Power Rangers... so many things influence the look i go to for things like that.

More random stuff, i think i finally found a method that gets me through a complete image fast enough:

[Image: wc2Pquh.png][Image: 2cXFMmb.png][Image: tA0mRCP.png][Image: OlUj97R.png][Image: zUIgVsD.png]

This one is a tiny pencil sketch i took a photo of and digipainted over, i kinda like the texture graphite gives to stuff:

[Image: F0jSnAd.png]

And something i actually ended up finishing, the plan was to see how far i could push rendering from one of those detailed linearts using color from the start, but i ended up stopping when it looked ok from afar.

[Image: GcH9NjP.png]

I want to continue working on it, but i feel it would never be enough and i could just keep zooming in forever -_-

RE: MetaSketchbook - Danny - 09-27-2016

You're headed in a really interesting, to me, direction with all the details and textures you paint into your images and I can't wait to see how you develop as an artist. By the way what are your main influences?

RE: MetaSketchbook - dawckward - 10-03-2016

yo man thanks for taking the time and strolling by my sb, everything here looks cool and very focused, i like that, some wonky perspective here and there that i think would help you push your awesome forms and mechs further, just food for thought, keep the awesome pace going!