Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Hi to all! - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+---- Thread: Hi to all! (/thread-8125.html)

Hi to all! - Gkatsura - 01-05-2017

My name is Graziele, im 22, i live in Brazil and im sorry in advance for my broken english.  Tongue
Someone just sent me the link of this place and i was really nervous to join out, but well, after reading some threads i think i got some courage to finally start.

So, i am currently self studying to try joining the concept art carreer for animation and games (its actually my dream since kid, i also do a bit of illustration). I did game design and graphic design (forced to choose something in the new town, since my parents were dissapointed with me, not that i don't like, but i don't see myself doing something like it) colleges but didnt finish due financial problems, and since i always lived in small towns (actually, i'm always moving to new towns and none have any of it) i was never able to join art schools or anything like that (excluding game design college, i needed to move, but again, money problems, needed to come back home). I'm also writting a fantasy rpg-based book to let my mind active, also thats my main project for the future with  my boyfriend, but since its just the two of us we going slow (we want to do a comic/game about it, but for now we focusing on study the hardest we can, he also doing game design college).

I though that i could join here and have some help with tutorials, critics and anything else related to it. I like my current artstyle, but i think i lack alot on my painting skills, so im trying to learn what i can to reach the style i desire, i also think i need to improve more on details for concepts. 

I also have some fear about the carreer, since Brazil is not so opened to it, so i'm a bit lost in where to start, but i hope you guys can help me out with it  Silent .

RE: Hi to all! - Artloader - 01-05-2017

Welcome to Crimson Daggers Graziele - well done for plucking up the courage to join the party :).

Come on in - grab yourself a drink and some nibbles (virtually speaking) - you'll find some really cool people to hang out with on here.

I recommend that you start up a sketchbook thread and chat about art with fellow artists - explore the site, there is a wealth of inspiration and information on here that will help you on your journey.

I look forward to seeing some of your work - good luck :).

RE: Hi to all! - razvanc-r - 01-05-2017

Welcome welcome, I see you managed to get here :P.

Don't forget to check the social buttons at the top in the menu, there's also a discord server for real time interaction :). Have fun

RE: Hi to all! - John - 01-05-2017

Hello Gkatsura. Btw, hope you don't mind me being nosy, who sent you this link? And props for overcoming nerves.

The fear of having art as a career is valid. Money problems can be tough to deal with on top of trying to make something out of your craft. But hope you're totally aware that it is possible for you, or anyone outside the US, to make this happen. I'm from the Philippines. Local guy, by the name of Kim Jacinto, dropped out of college because of financial problems, worked in a fast food chain, but never gave up on his craft. I believe he's now working for Marvel.

Moments of fear is a very human thing that we all share. Times like those give you an opportunity to step up to the plate and realize whether or not that thing beyond your fear is worth being brave for.

Loader's got it down with the Sketchbook advice. Raz got you covered with the social interactions. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

RE: Hi to all! - razvanc-r - 01-05-2017

@John, I'm the culprit, she got the link form me :P. Before I found CD I wanted to start my own 'community driven self-learning concept-art feedback thing' http://learnconceptart.deviantart.com/ :) and people that land on that page I usually redirect here :D cause I don't have time for that group now :/

RE: Hi to all! - John - 01-05-2017

Nice going.

That's an interesting part of your history you just shared.. Well, there is strength in numbers! Props for merging people in!

RE: Hi to all! - Gkatsura - 01-06-2017

@Artloader I'll sure do it!

@razvanc-r Thank you so much for the link, i really appreciate!! I see that everyone is willing to help others, i hope i can also learn and help someway or another.

@John I didn't said the name because, i actually forgot when i was writting haha!!... But yes it was razvanc-r. Actually i have tons of fears, but im trying to not get so scared of everything.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

RE: Hi to all! - razvanc-r - 01-06-2017

Well, it isn't really history, it's very new stuff actually :). Like about two months old new :D