Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Coinhero's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Coinhero's sketchbook (/thread-8201.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-01-2018

reply to Andrew Gibbons on previous page

[Image: y9mOeEs.jpg]

I mostly worked on this today, I started out with a more realistic color pallet and just tried to make everything look... real idk but it was boring so I'm going with this red on green anime thing because it looks cool  Thumbs_up
Flames are more close to how effects are drawn in animation than real flames, I'll probably change the guy in the air, not sure how to color the foreground guy yet but I don't want to go super crazy with light from the flames probably just some light coming from behind and I'll have most of his body in shadow so he sticks out.

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - xelfereht - 07-01-2018

cool man, yeah the small changes to the dragon piece made a big difference. :)

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-02-2018

[Image: 5HiQrjr.jpg]

did lame time consuming stuff tomorrow I'll do non lame time consuming stuff

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-03-2018

[Image: wYyNIYj.jpg]

fucked up a lot of things too tired to redo it now

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-04-2018

[Image: 2BGvWGp.jpg]

I need to stop posting these right before I go to bed so I have energy to collect my thoughts but yea I did a lot of things to this image even tho it looks more or less the same, I kind of want to start over but I still like how this is turning out. Maybe I'll do a follow up to this image or something like that

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - darktiste - 07-04-2018

For some unexplained reason i prefer the previous version the only reason that come to my mind is how we read image generally from the top left than the eye is guided by whatever element is the strongest.I like the idea that the roof lead to the character it help establish the situation from the get go and than we jump onto the main character than on the figure in the distance and than the cycle repeat.I think it just depend what the strongest element of the story here did the ''vilain'' attacked the house or is this the result of a battle.But in some country they read in the reverse order so i think it depend of the audience you target also .In short. Focus on strong Story composition and targeting an audience.

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-05-2018

@darktiste I also like the non flipped version more I just worked on the image flipped that day and didn't flip it back when I made the jpeg.

[Image: n9E3rwD.jpg]

don't know if I'll do anything else to this I'm just noodling around at it

[Image: rrdxQxl.jpg]

Quick study, you can find interesting compositions everywhere on mapcrunch if you look hard enough

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-06-2018

[Image: O2fnrv8.jpg]

I wanted to draw an "oni" ramen shop and yea this is the sketch I came up with. Not quite what I had in my head, this is really hard for me to draw and I can't find helpful reference, not sure what helpful reference would even be I just need to git gud.

Some quick colors so I have a base to work off of 
[Image: zdoht5A.jpg]

Looks good if you shrink it down by like 500% or look at it from super far away
[Image: nFIlWMB.jpg]

Also made it wider, I think it's better like this but idk I'm scared to look at this with fresh eyes its going to be a nightmare.
I want the background to be warm but the foreground is also warm I'm not sure how make that work

Or maybe I'll change it to something more like this
[Image: FeAetBm.jpg]

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-06-2018

yea the second sketch works much better.

[Image: 8D4zxBD.jpg]

I didn't get sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about how much ass my drawing is :D
did a bit of painting too
[Image: hqKLvp8.jpg]

[Image: KXarbpi.png]

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-08-2018

[Image: NzVWpAu.jpg]

not having any fun working on this it's super boring

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-09-2018

[Image: OHauRWd.jpg]
everyday

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-10-2018

Today I didn't work on the image from yesterday, didn't feel like it, instead I made this sketch of a flying squirrel being chased by some baby dragon / dinosaur thing.
[Image: uC40NSU.jpg]

also started a study of some hot boys but I had to crop out the second hot boy because I went out with friends and I'm too sleepy now to finish it.

[Image: H33VWRL.jpg]

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-11-2018

[Image: WuMTQwW.jpg]

blah

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-12-2018

[Image: p5STTxC.jpg]

experimented a lot with this image today, I just can't get it right

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-13-2018

[Image: b1MHXsm.jpg]

worked on this some more. There's a lot of things I like about this image and an equal amount of stuff I don't like about it so idk its shit I guess. 

[Image: Yl0lsQmg.jpg]

quick study of a painting called Execution of Russian rebel Stepan Razin by Sergey Kirillov. There's something about the look on his face in the original painting that I find very interesting and the composition as a whole is just great

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-14-2018

procrastinated way to much today
[Image: r27jJ8m.jpg]

I did some small things to the squirrel painting and started a study of a painting by Sir lawrence Alma-Tadema called Unconscious Rivals. I've done a couple of studies of his art because I find his images to be just impossibly hard for me to copy or just understand in general, too much focus on midtone, compositions are very complex, tons of detail everywhere and his colors make no sense. I started with a line sketch but now I'm just painting everything the same way I did the the study from yesterday but with color. I don't want to spend too much time on this like I did the last time I copied one of Tadema's paintings , tomorrow I'll finish this and hopefully get something new started / work on the squirrels.

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - darktiste - 07-14-2018

Why not just use the warping tool to add those decorative mural decal?You can design them flat than play with warping to curve them and adjust them with the perspective.

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 04:26 AM)darktiste Wrote: Why not just use the warping tool to add those decorative mural decal?You can design them flat than play with warping to curve them and adjust them with the perspective.

Because I want to keep this a sketch and not spend too much time on it, I'm only interested in the color of the decals not the design. Same reason why I didn't use the pen tool to make the arch and didn't make a perspective grind.

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-15-2018

[Image: Sui2PmG.jpg]

went to a "party" over at a friends and procrastinated half of the day away so I couldn't get anything else done. I'm done with this study. I color picked around the original painting after I was done with this and I still don't understand how it works =/

RE: Coinhero's sketchbook - Coinhero - 07-16-2018

[Image: cn2W7HY.jpg]
[Image: lVQ4hG3.jpg]

A friend yesterday was talking to me about how he started watching avatar for the first time and I guess thats why I started another avatar fan art image.