Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pushin' though hard times. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pushin' though hard times. (/thread-926.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Yes! - Mechanizoid - 07-12-2016

Heya Zip, no problem man. :-) Feel free to shower my SB with your love, though! XD

Sketchy sketches look cool, but I'd suggest working on your anatomy a bit (it seems a bit off on shoulders, hands, and a few other things). Also, your heads are feeling a bit flat. I think you should try to get a bit more of form and construction in there. I get the sense you are constructing the head as a flat shape and adding features rather than starting with a solid sphere and building up the planes of the face. I don't want to nitpick too much, just keep those things in mind!

Looks like you are coming up with some interesting female characters. Keep up 'dem sketches bro.

RE: Yes! - Zipfelzeus - 07-13-2016

@Mech: Thanks for coming by again and thanks for the feedback! I'm pretty sure it's the overall construction that is very flawed with these sketches they are basically done at whim of whatever idea floats in my head at that time and then I just scribble it down. Which is fine foe these. They are my personal safe haven but I do see a really general issue with my figure construction in finished pieces. I think Piotr is right I should do some more perspective drawings with figures.

Anyway. Just a watercolor sketch today. I'm also doing the Crucible right know. So check that out guys if ya want.

RE: Yes! - alexdanila - 07-13-2016

Haha, that cat dinosaur creature is awesome! Really like your stuff, keep it up!

RE: Yes! - Zipfelzeus - 07-14-2016

@alexdanila: Thank you so much!

Heya. I did something for someones birthday. They like the piece so I can finally call it done. Took forever.

First a study

Then a the sketch.

And the final piece.

RE: Yes! - Piotr Jasielski - 07-15-2016

Nice one ! :D

RE: Yes! - Zipfelzeus - 07-15-2016

@Piotr: Thanks!

Today. Unfinished mucha study in pencil.

RE: Yes! - Zipfelzeus - 07-16-2016

Finished sketchbook page.

RE: Yes! - Zipfelzeus - 07-17-2016

Quick studies of faces during talking done in pen so there is no erasing D:

RE: Yes! - Zipfelzeus - 07-19-2016

Praise the sun everybody. Over the last few months I made 10 Dark Souls portraits and I'm now going to upload them each one each week day, (I'll take weekends off because it works better)

Let's start: Day 1 Petrus of Thorolund.

RE: Yes! Praise the Sun! 10 Days of Dark Souls special Update!!! - Zipfelzeus - 07-19-2016

Day 2: Giant Blacksmith of Anor Londo

RE: Yes! Praise the Sun! 10 Days of Dark Souls special Update!!! - Zipfelzeus - 07-20-2016

Day 3: Crossbreed Priscilla

RE: Yes! Praise the Sun! 10 Days of Dark Souls special Update!!! - Zipfelzeus - 07-21-2016

Day 4: Siegmeyer of Caterina

RE: Yes! Praise the Sun! 10 Days of Dark Souls special Update!!! - DQ_Nick - 07-22-2016

The last sketch has a Mucha-like essence to it with the graphic shapes and floral patterns in the background. Really cool.

Are those watercolor figures from life? I did some of that in college, it was so challenging figuring out the right brushes and a quick process, but so rewarding.

All the experimentation here is great

RE: Yes! On break du to sickness. - Zipfelzeus - 07-23-2016

@DQ_Nick: I'm a big mucha fan and I'm trying to get more design patterns into my stuff so thanks! And the watercolor stuff is mostly from photos but I did some stuff from real life models.

Okay guys. I'm sick. Terrible intestine pain and the doctors can't do anything to fix it I'll just have to wait and pray that it goes away. They said I should wait for two weeks and then come into their office again. I might have to go to a hospital.
In other wonderful news. My laptop broke and my harddrive cannot be restored so a lot of my files from the past few months a forever lost.

:(((((

RE: No! On break du to sickness. - DQ_Nick - 07-24-2016

Hang in there Zipfelzeus! Hard times come and go, you'll get through it

RE: No! On break du to sickness. - Zipfelzeus - 07-26-2016

Thanks everyone for their kind words! It really made those last couple of day much more bearable! I'm still sick and have to rest all day in bed which sucks but hopefully it will be over soon.

Fortunatly I found 9 of my 10 dark souls portraits :) So yay for that. Here is day 5

Oswald of Carim. I'm back to bed.

RE: No! On break due to sickness. - Artloader - 07-26-2016

Cool! All was not lost :).

Take care of yourself man. Hope you recover soon.

RE: No! On break due to sickness. - Zipfelzeus - 07-27-2016

@Artloader: Yeah I somewhat relieved that not all my work is lost. :D

Day6: Solaire of Astora.

RE: No! On break due to sickness. - Zipfelzeus - 07-28-2016

Day 7: Dusk of Oolacile

RE: No! On break due to sickness. - Zipfelzeus - 07-29-2016

Day 8 Seath the Scaleless