Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Pushin' though hard times. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Pushin' though hard times. (/thread-926.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - DK - 08-25-2016

Love the character designs, last one is probably my favorite.

Though, some of them could use a little more development time here and there, just so you/we have a better idea of what the functionality and culture is behind some of these clothing designs.

I recommend checkin out this youtube channel for a further understanding regarding clothing design or just for a new perspective on clothing in general. One of her videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3pYiSD04g I find it interesting how some of the ancients viewed their clothing and what came to influence and evolve it.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 08-26-2016

Quote:Love the character designs, last one is probably my favorite.

Though, some of them could use a little more development time here and there, just so you/we have a better idea of what the functionality and culture is behind some of these clothing designs.

I recommend checkin out this youtube channel for a further understanding regarding clothing design or just for a new perspective on clothing in general. One of her videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3pYiSD04g I find it interesting how some of the ancients viewed their clothing and what came to influence and evolve it.

Thanky you so much for coming by Dennis! Glad you enjoy my characters! I'll check out the video and hopefully it helps me to make my designs more believeable!

Just some fanart trash today.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 08-27-2016

Having some pain attacks latley that's why I'm a bit down.

Anyway here is some crap.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 08-28-2016

More characters for my challenge.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Nick Waldinger - 08-29-2016

Cool characters dude! I especially like the second one.

Be sure to watch your anatomy, though. In general, things look pretty good but I'm noticing the first characters right foot is bent off pretty funny. Might not be very comfortable standing like that ;)

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - The Lama - 08-29-2016

Really cool designs man! I'm glad you posed them so that it shows some of their personality too. I think that goes a long way in a successful character drawing. I don't have any critiques I could offer so I look forward to seeing some colour on them. :)

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 08-31-2016

@Nick: Thanks! I'll try to watch out. They are in some sense a challenge to get my anatomy skill up haha. Failure included.
@TheLama: Thanks! I'm always glad to hear people enjoying them.

Alrighty. I just came out of butt surgery. Had a lot of fun farting together with my bed neighbours. Also diapers and blood you put the rest together. Couldn't really sleep because one of my companions was a human saw mill at night.

I'm glad to be home again.
Here is a sketch of a demon.

The pain killers at the hospital made me so euphoric that I sang all the way from the waking up chamber until they push me back into my room.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-01-2016

Update on my butt. Ouch ouch ouch.

Here are some very early crappy sketches for my character designs. And brids.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-02-2016

Some color stuff to have some variety in this sketchbook.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-03-2016

Characters from my challenge.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Artloader - 09-04-2016

Great design work here Zip!

Your character designs are really imaginative as are the architecture designs.

Hope you get better soon dude - well done for pushing through!

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-04-2016

@Artloader: Thanks! I'll keep on pushin.

Just some messy stuff today :(

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-05-2016

Messed up hands and sketches.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Jonesoda - 09-05-2016

Nice stuff man! Really digging the character designs. Good on you for keeping with it even when in pain :o

Dem hips tho,  mm mmm mmm

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-06-2016

Quote:Nice stuff man! Really digging the character designs. Good on you for keeping with it even when in pain :o

@Jonesoda: Thanks! I have good painkillers. Haha and now after the surgery I should finally be on the way to full recovery.
Quote:Dem hips tho,  mm mmm mmm
Her hips don't lieeeeee!

Here is some messy sketch. What even How do I do the hands?

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - AngeliquevdMee - 09-06-2016

It's a pleasure to look at your character creations! will you color them too? :D

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Lodratio - 09-07-2016

Your faces are great! You really gotta spend some time and figure out the anatomy of the rest of the human figure to a similar level though. With hands especially, the only way to work out the quirks seems to be doing loads and loads of iterations. Try thinking about hands in different ways, and then apply that knowledge to create the illusion that you know how to draw them. Something that worked for me was doing studies of what different kinds of hand sillouettes look like and combining that with a rough idea of how to construct something hand-like.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-07-2016

@Angeliquevd: Thanks! Maybe? I first wanna finish my task. Then we'll see how it goes.
@Lordatio: Thanks for coming by! I got some really great resources and advice from users on how to approach hands so I'm really thankful for that! I'm basically doing all these character pieces to force myself to construct more anatomy. I'm doing studies along the way I just haven't posted them yet. Hopefully this is a better method than what I used to do.

Some color work because all this linework makes me sick. I wanted to do a quick tom scholes study but the resolution of this picture was so shite, that the study is now more of less worthless. Also some fanart.

I notice that I really love big pieces. Like illustration with multiple characters that tell a story. Sadly these things take forever and time is a little short at the moment. So right now I'm using these things to substitude my desire for big illustrations. They at least help to see how the composition and the colors would work out and that's really interesting. I also think that they have a certain charme with their big colored shapes (or at least they could have if I could do it right).

I still don't know why this show makes me want to do so much art for it. I'm really interested in the world they are building up but they tend to keep very vague and secret. To the point where I was like: The only way I'm going to see all the cool alien stuff before I get bored, is if I do it myself. So suddenly I was like... why don't I just do it myself? At least in little concept sketches? I could manage that right?

So here I am doing it. I don't know how many... I want to make sure I get a good grasp on the world but I'm doing it because... it weirdly just feels right to do so.

Also sorry for the long text. I usually don't ramble on in this sketchbook.

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-08-2016

All the characters!

RE: Pushin' though hard times. - Zipfelzeus - 09-09-2016

Stuff.