Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Wiring Frames - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: ART RELATED (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Wiring Frames (/thread-9291.html)

Wiring Frames - Anomily - 09-06-2021

So a lot of places I submit to insist that EVERYTHING be wired... which is hard with some frames. (I'm a little too poor to custom frame all of my pieces). It's easy if the frame is a soft wood. I really love the ornate frames, but it looks like a lot of the less expensive ones are made out of resin. The last time I took an electric drill to a frame like that the results were miserable. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

RE: Wiring Frames - Anomily - 09-14-2021

(09-06-2021, 01:16 PM)Anomily Wrote: So a lot of places I submit to insist that EVERYTHING be wired... which is hard with some frames. (I'm a little too poor to custom frame all of my pieces). It's easy if the frame is a soft wood. I really love the ornate frames, but it looks like a lot of the less expensive ones are made out of resin. The last time I took an electric drill to a frame like that the results were miserable. Does anyone have a workaround for this?
Boyfriend came up with a solution for frames made out of resin/plaster/drywallish material (like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Laura-Ashley-Textured-Hand-Crafted-Decorative/dp/B07RYXSLT6/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=ornate+gold+frames&qid=1631580038&sr=8-14), so I thought I'd post it.

He said to drill the hole, fill it with epoxy, and then drill the screw into the epoxy. I lost faith halfway through and just put the screw into the epoxy, but they seem to be holding well.