Toxicpanda's Death Note
[Image: weeklypost7.jpg]
Hey there Kris! I like what you draw and it really shows a lot of emotions. On the technical aspect, I bet you're still struggling a little with the mechanics of the tablet. I know all too well about struggling! I only got into using mine after 2 years of owing it and I'm still finding it pretty difficult sometimes.
I could only give you one advice: draw more, but from the fundamentals: basic shapes and perspective. Shade these shapes and then apply your new wealth of knowledge into your drawings. Trust me...it'll blow you away. It will really open up your design & composition possibilities because you will be able to master and understand what you're drawing.
I can see that drawing is no problem for you, so it shouldn't take you long. I must say, you know a thing or two about faces ;)
Some cool stuff! Keep working and i'm sure you imaginative stuff will match your ref stuff eventually :D. If you wanna work on your backgrounds a bit more though, i've been reading this blog recently that you might like.

http://stapletonkearns.blogspot.com.br/2...troke.html

Hope you find it useful, keep working hard!

Quote:Hey there Kris! I like what you draw and it really shows a lot of emotions. On the technical aspect, I bet you're still struggling a little with the mechanics of the tablet. I know all too well about struggling! I only got into using mine after 2 years of owing it and I'm still finding it pretty difficult sometimes.
I could only give you one advice: draw more, but from the fundamentals: basic shapes and perspective. Shade these shapes and then apply your new wealth of knowledge into your drawings. Trust me...it'll blow you away. It will really open up your design & composition possibilities because you will be able to master and understand what you're drawing.
I can see that drawing is no problem for you, so it shouldn't take you long. I must say, you know a thing or two about faces ;)

Thank you so much Veer for your suggestions and I will def work on them! Yes, I'm still learning how to use this tablet,because since I got it like 3 months ago I didn't really use it much. So I'm still being slow but making some progress. Thank you for everything.

Quote: Some cool stuff! Keep working and i'm sure you imaginative stuff will match your ref stuff eventually . If you wanna work on your backgrounds a bit more though, i've been reading this blog recently that you might like.

http://stapletonkearns.blogspot.com.br/2...troke.html

Hope you find it useful, keep working hard!
Thank you for stopping by at my sketchbook. That looks great, I'll read it completly. Thnx ! :D
[Image: weeklypostasd.jpg]
Your soft brush makes values muddy at certain areas. I like the eyes and the nose on the gollum, streaky hair no so much but oh well.

[Image: weeklypostbla.jpg]
love those sketches you did in the philosophy class! have you tried transfering that style to digital work? your studies are looking good too, keep it up! :)

[Image: 654hu.jpg]
[Image: dfsdfbj.jpg]
Smile 
Really beautiful things here! You really control values but seems like you over-saturate your colours a bit. I suck giving advices but perhaps it could be nice to mix colours without going for pure red for hair and pure blue for skies, seek some harmony.

keep at it :) gollum looks really great btw
[Image: sdfrf.jpg]
Some of those old sketches from your sketchbook are looking sick! :D

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Self portrait. I really have to work on skin texture, hair and so on...
[Image: selfporsig1000x627.jpg]
Very beautiful.

My Sketchbook
My DA
My Blog
Random colorssss, random thingsss >_>

[Image: pinkplanet.jpg]
Trying out some brushes.
[Image: 21022013selfportrait.jpg]
[Image: baneling.jpg]
[Image: 22022013firedragonsig.jpg]
It's been exactly 5 months since I got my tablet and started painting.
Thank you so much Daggers for all your help, without you guys I would be on first stage forever.
[Image: weeklypost9.jpg]
[Image: weeklypost8.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
Hey, getting pretty nice here.
I can see troubles with those landscapes, I'd suggest studying in that direction, keep doing those thumbs

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA