Danny's crappy book of sketches
Hello people I'm Danny and I like to draw. I've been frequently visiting this site and I always get taken back by the amount of inspiration and motivation that oozes out of here.

I want to communicate and improve with everyone else that has as much if not more passion than me. I want to record a little of my progress, I might update this almost everyday but I'm not sure if I can because I don't know how formal forum sites like this work and if it allows me to.

[Image: tumblr_mu7vy6VsGS1sn8juio6_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mxjsepulxK1sn8juio4_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mxjsepulxK1sn8juio2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mu7v8pmZJd1sn8juio5_1280.jpg]

Some of today's workings!

Dammit steam winter sales, why must you distract me!

24/12/2013

Some great practice going on! I like seeing the construction lines and your thought process of building up the forms. Keep it up!

Sketchbook

(12-25-2013, 08:46 AM)Tygerson Wrote: Some great practice going on! I like seeing the construction lines and your thought process of building up the forms. Keep it up!

Thank you very much! <3

Yes I get too confused if I don't fill the page with lines if that makes any sense aha
Mostly from memory and having some fun

26/12/13

27/12/2013

Not much today unfortunately, will make up for it tomorrow <3

I actually did this one from life for once, I literally used a mirror in front of me :O

Trying to apply drapery into my drawing but they're not working out dammit

Nice work so far! Keep up the momentum and it will get easier to stay motivated.

(12-30-2013, 01:55 PM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Nice work so far! Keep up the momentum and it will get easier to stay motivated.

Thank you! Getting into a rhythm is awesome because it starts to feel so right if you know what I mean Th_095_
The usual study with a self portrait from life again! Awesome!

Really did barely any work today as I went to see an old friend. I will make up for it though! with loads of studying tomorrow! xoxox

I've been watching Marshall's perspective videos all day, they're amazing. But they also point out how much I need to learn in terms of perspective.

Early update as I did this before bed at around 5am ~.~

Really nice studies - danny.
this perspective study is insanly good. love how you mirrored the room :-)

(01-03-2014, 03:19 AM)constructicon Wrote: Really nice studies - danny.
this perspective study is insanly good. love how you mirrored the room :-)

Thank you! Yeah I remember doing this as one of my first perspective studies, I didn't realise I would have to redraw everything in perspective in the mirror again ahaha So I had to force myself to do something I didn't even know about. Since then I just go straight into things without wondering if I can do it or not.
Some more drawings from memory

Experimenting and starting my journey in perspective once again

Worked on this all day

BEE WOMAN TANANANANA!

Haha nice bee woman sketch :) I like how you put the flower in the foreground too. Note saying to change it now, but maybe on the next one you do try and work on a more dynamic pose or action, because right now shes kinda just standing in a field being all like ' Oooh yeah, flower, I see you there. Cant wait to stick my proboscis inside you. Gonna probe you so hard..'

Wow.. that got sexual really quickly.. My bad....

Hope that gets my point across though >.>