Sneb's studio space.
Well It's about damn time I made a commitment to this.

I'll be honest, i'm a little intimidated by all the crazy work on this board but THAT WONT STOP ME THIS TIME!

I'm not too new to painting but I've never felt like I could rely on it to represent my ideas. Not too long ago I realized what I really needed was a group of people to learn with (I learn best from imitation I think). This seems like a nice and personal environment to start my journey down that road.

Thanks in advance!

Seb

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP, I'm trying to make this totem in the center look colossal does anything know how i might be able to do that ? (Without putting a life form in there for scale)

"Gimme some crit mang" - Lydia
Hi, welcome to the forum. Id add some atmospheric perspective to create more depth to it. I think you need to try out some more compositions though. Its not very apparent what it is. I can see its a chain connected to a big object in a dark pit. The chain is the first place the eye goes to due to the value contrast and it leads me down to the object but then theres no where else for my eye to go. There arnt really any other focal points of contrast or strong directional lines to bring the viewers eye in.

Thanks for the feedback! I've yet to study composition at all thoroughly but I found a book about it. I'll post a little more once I've read it through.

I thought I might put the big thing on hold until I've gathered my wits about it.

But for now a study.

I can get the tone down alright but my edge quality suffers because of the soft brush. Any way to get around that?

Attached Files Image(s)

2 minute poses