boo
Hand studies are very good and your style and characters are so cute. I like the way you reflect emotions/expressions of the characters. Keep posting:)

Hi Maggie, really awesome stuff in here. I think your character design stuff has a lot of charm. If you're still interested in cell shading, you could check out some manga to see how they design their shadow shapes and stuff; Prison School, Food Wars and Battle Royale all are good reference for that stuff with a lot of shadows on the characters.

You can set your shadow shapes with the lasso tool like you do already, and fill them with a dark / navy blue, then set the layer to multiply and reduce the opacity until you get a good value. For highlights you can set a layer to screen, or colour dodge and sample the colour of the part you are highlighting and paint on the dodge layer with that. - that's one way to approach it anyway, nice and quick.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
I literally fell in love with your characters! You did a huge improvement since you started :)

Lovely still life paintings too! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Cheers.

hey again! It's been some time since I updated last, but only because I wanted to focus more on painting and less social media/distractions.

If anyone cares, I got my first big job! ^^ To illustrate a children's book cover for a NY publishing house. So I'm quite happy about it obviously. The past few months I've started getting some freelance jobs for the first time and I'm so glad.
Anyways! Here are some stuffs.

[Image: AHJlENX.jpg]

dog walk 30 min
[Image: Ky0dwbN.jpg]

[Image: VGmPBX3.jpg]

one way ticket 30 min
[Image: il5UcCK.jpg]

photo study
[Image: n6TL0Rs.jpg]

very quick photo studies
[Image: tq0AVVe.jpg]

[Image: L0MfNCY.jpg]

[Image: DCn1F86.jpg]

photo study
[Image: tdeqHLf.jpg]

[Image: v9l1A9K.jpg]

[Image: B5LVtAi.jpg]

[Image: xrZD0aQ.jpg]

[Image: cfhl3wO.jpg]

[Image: DOrmODA.jpg]

[Image: wNJttuH.jpg]

[Image: jtgpW22.jpg]

[Image: tdMrAjV.jpg]

schoolism assignment for the char design class, week 3
[Image: rb1fMz3.jpg]

waow consistency pays off!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Congratulation for the job offers! I really like your style, I can't wait to see more of them. :)

Thanks guys! ^^

Here are some more sketches on week 3 assignment. This time I searched for references more as Daniel Arriaga advised. I did different versions of the characters, just as exploration sketches. The characters are wife, husband who's not very happy and their dog which is pleased with his life.

[Image: Pa0AWYJ.jpg]

and here's the week 2 assignment which I forgot to post

[Image: gmS82GV.jpg]

2 speedpaints on topic 'blonde curly hair' + still life value study

[Image: tumblr_o1l2clJiir1tuib2lo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: MXZE1Sn.jpg]

[Image: 7aiDLDM.jpg]

another study of a corner in n my room + 30min speedpaint on 'forest of eyes'

[Image: R5ribCJ.jpg]

[Image: erF0P2j.jpg]

today's life study - our mesmerizing forks and spoons. it got darker until I finished it.. not very nice
[Image: 4hbjVGa.jpg]

30 min study from animation
[Image: l2SyMYd.jpg]

quick photo study
[Image: dzDAaSG.jpg]

30 min speedpaint on dust rabbit
[Image: cXszZpJ.jpg?1]

Super cute characters :D

Congrats on the magzine gig)

(01-29-2016, 07:25 AM)maggie Wrote: today's life study - our mesmerizing forks and spoons. it got darker until I finished it.. not very nice
[Image: 4hbjVGa.jpg]

30 min study from animation
[Image: l2SyMYd.jpg]

quick photo study
[Image: dzDAaSG.jpg]

30 min speedpaint on dust rabbit
[Image: cXszZpJ.jpg?1]

Where you did a still life,try to blurry background,it will help to pop out your focal point! And add even more darks in your focal area for contrast :)
And i like your bunny!

I like how you draw super simple and super cute characters! So awesome !

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
Prabu, thank you^^

samurai cat, thanks for the tips, very useful ^^

another ghibli movie colour study, a quick one

[Image: tumblr_o1u576sET51tuib2lo1_1280.jpg]

I've been so overwhelmed with figuring out rates lately and filling documents. I hate bureaucracy :<

Also, I'm participating in this card design contest for St. Valenitne's and I'd really, gratelly appreciate it if you could support me by clicking on and liking the photo below. (well if you actually like it of course^^) Thank you very much, I owe you a piece of my universe now. <3
[Image: Magdalina-Dianova.jpg]